Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, if Howard Chan really wanted to do some damage control, why doesn't he just make a statement on Facebook or even post something here?

At this point, the world would actually end before that happens. If Hot Toys is one thing for sure, it's horrible at communicating!

God i hope you're right!

(does the saber not look shopped in that one pic?)

Was the picture taken through glass?

P.S. No one likes a smart arse!

I do. :wave

Studies show 9 out of 10 people prefer a smart arse to a drama queen. Am I right? :D

The tenth person had a run in their stocking.

What is this the DC forum?

No, it's a Hot Toys figure and nothing brings out the princess in grown men like a pretty doll.

Last edited:
I bring some good news. I spoke with one of the administrator of One Sixth Republic and got confirmation that the Luke in those pics are indeed a prototype. A korean member of OSR who is friends with JC Hong verified that with JC Hong. He actually posted about it at OSR but as usual it got buried under all the panic.

Most importantly, the guy who took those pics in Tokyo actually posted multiple times that the figure looks fantastic there and his pictures do not do the figure justice.

He has since deleted those pictures from his FB due to the ****storm those pictures have caused. He is feeling really bad about it.

So those rumours about Howard delaying Luke production is not true.

It's not HT job to alleviate the worries of hysterical people with chronic OCD. They just make figures... :slap:lol

I bring some good news. I spoke with one of the administrator of One Sixth Republic and got confirmation that the Luke in those pics are indeed a prototype. A korean member of OSR who is friends with JC Hong verified that with JC Hong. He actually posted about it at OSR but as usual it got buried under all the panic.

Most importantly, the guy who took those pics in Tokyo actually posted multiple times that the figure looks fantastic there and his pictures do not do the figure justice.

He has since deleted those pictures from his FB due to the ****storm those pictures have caused. He is feeling really bad about it.

I think most experienced collectors worked that out for themselves already...

Any links to the FB ****storm? :lol

We were past the point of no return anyway. Sideshow was expecting stock within days and there was no way HT were going to junk an entire production run based on reactions to poor-quality pics in a forum.

At the moment I'm putting the bad pics down to yellow floor lighting, shooting through a window etc. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised when more pics hit.

I plan on making a YouTube video showing both my pleasure and disgust with this figure. :lecture

:lol I plan on being disgusted with one figure and happy with the other -- just to balance things out, too.

I think most experienced collectors worked that out for themselves already...

Any links to the FB ****storm? :lol

:lol Very true but at the same time to many are susceptible to the mob mentality, just because a few people started cancelling, everyone else started cancelling.

I can't find the topic anymore. It is buried under days of post over at OSR and that place moves faster than here!!!

It's ok guys, better that more of you cancelled so I can come back here next month to see a lot of people moaning on how they regretted their decisions.

Apprecaite the effort, Noise. But did anyone here actually believe the figure was being pulled by JC Hong and that DX Batman was fast-tracked in its place?

Luke is probably already on the boat from China.

Well someone did posted rumours about it a few pages back so who knows, maybe some people who actually bought that :dunno

Worst, this all kinda started due to one man personal vendetta against HT. Who is looking stupid now I wonder???

It can be done from what I've heard but removing the PERS system is not fun. I know.

Probably, but it wouldn't work any longer.

PERS is just the worst POS design ever.

Okay, but if the prototype head doesn't have a noticeable gap between the eyes and eyelids, is it safe to assume that the PERS system can be shifted forward on the production model to close the gap we see in the latest pics?

Concerning the figure itself, I understand there will be a decrease in paint quality from prototype to production. Until we can have robots painting these things down to a micron level of accuracy, it just isn't practical to expect custom paint quality. But I am disappointed that materials were downgraded, including the fabric for the costume. When we are paying $300, these are corners that really shouldn't have to be cut.

Again, I'd gladly exchange the large antenna display that I will never use for a lower price or a higher quality figure.

Also, if they were going to include any dio piece with the figure, wouldn't we all rather have the tower he hangs onto with one hand while hearing the revelation before jumping off into the abyss? To me that would be a more interesting display piece.

Apprecaite the effort, Noise. But did anyone here actually believe the figure was being pulled by JC Hong and that DX Batman was fast-tracked in its place?

Luke is probably already on the boat from China.

Not his T-16?

Pushing the PERS closer to the eyelids may cause scratching and paintrubs on the eyeballs themselves. This is why PERS is such a PITA.

Back