Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately no, but I'm salivating at the prospect of Han, Leia, Chewie and Vader.
I'm hoping for another announcement after the holiday period, however, there have been indications that they may only release one figure per year.

I wouldn't ever expect a Vader. Sideshow still has this license technically and they know that their ANH Vader was a homerun and plan on doing more. It's unnecessary to subcontract out a figure that they can already do properly. It's the human likenesses where they fail. So that's why they sourced hot toys.

I wouldn't ever expect a Vader. Sideshow still has this license technically and they know that their ANH Vader was a homerun and plan on doing more. It's unnecessary to subcontract out a figure that they can already do properly. It's the human likenesses where they fail. So that's why they sourced hot toys.

I have to respectfully disagree here. The Sideshow Vader is blatantly out of scale (larger than 1/6) and the misshapened and high placement of the helmet are areas that could have easily been avoided and even Hasbro got it right years earlier.

I have to respectfully disagree here. The Sideshow Vader is blatantly out of scale (larger than 1/6) and the misshapened and high placement of the helmet are areas that could have easily been avoided and even Hasbro got it right years earlier.
I don't see Hot Toys doing the armored characters so long as that seems to be Sideshow's real focus (that and monsters/aliens). They'll probably revisit Vader soon from one of the other movies. And I do think they will learn from, and improve upon their previous experience.

Vader is slighly to big but better than being small.

The SS Vader kicks all kinds of ass. Lowered the helmet and he is one of the favorites in my collection. And I don't see HT beating it much. Especially for it $125 price.

Vader is slighly to big but better than being small.

The SS Vader kicks all kinds of ass. Lowered the helmet and he is one of the favorites in my collection. And I don't see HT beating it much. Especially for it $125 price.

Prowse was really tall anyway, i agree SSC Vader 1/6 Kicks Ass, a favouriite in my collection, i don't see HT being able to do much better other than adding removable helmet components and a sculpt underneath

Prowse was really tall anyway, i agree SSC Vader 1/6 Kicks Ass, a favouriite in my collection, i don't see HT being able to do much better other than adding removable helmet components and a sculpt underneath
And don't forget PERS on that sculpt! If HT does Vader, you know he's gonna be a DX! :yess:

Yes, SS has mentioned they are working on a new 1/6 scale Vader, but why are people assuming it isn't in collaboration with HT this time? While I agree the current Vader by SS is great, but I wouldn't be surprised to see SS let HT take a stab at the most iconic SW character of all time. And I wouldn't be surprised if HT made him a DX release either. Even though the character doesn't need the PERS. (neither did Indy, but he got them) So I really wouldn't rule anything out when it comes to HT...

Back