Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a number of the cast members from the first three films personaly and can tell you that none of them gets any cashola from any release of their respective characters. Also they have no say in the products produced. They do get paid however for autograph signings, but have a percentage split with Lucas films if its an officaial funtion for the use of the character photos etc. A few of the actors do have a contract that allows them to use official photos at no charge, or some may buy photos from Lucas Films to sign for fans at non Lucas events, through the mail etc.

I believe the big 3 (Luke/Leia/Han) get royalties right?

I think some suggested the head was warped in production... giving it the kind of odd shape we ended up with. But I think the majority of the issue is just the terrible paint.

I've seen a few repaints that look pretty damn good, not HT quality... but still much better than the production figure.

I repainted mine and was really surprised how happy I was with it – it's not as good as the rejected prototype but I think it's a better sculpt than people gave it credit for at the time.

Thanks guys!

Of course, I'm still considering the HT version ... I just can't resist two versions of my favourite Luke and that damn Cloud City weathervane.

You know you're beyond all hope when you're coveting a 1/6 scale WEATHERVANE. ;)

But the actor IS the character. It's not like these were books or something before they were movies. The movies came first and that's how people see these characters. If it weren't the case, the illustrations on books, etc, wouldn't look like the actors that portrayed these characters.

I just think LFL doesn't want accurate looking resemblances so they can continue to make more money with future versions.

I agree that the actor is the character because it was the actor's performance that brought that character to life so to speak.
No one wants a figure of Han Solo that doesn't look like Harrison Ford because it simply isn't Han Solo.
I would rather see the figure on my shelf look like the character and resemble the actor rather than squinting at it and pretending it looks like the character.
The closer the resemblance and life like to the actor the better that figure will sell because accuracy is something appreciated by collectors.
HT Luke is the closest to Mark's likeness so far, not to say its not 100% perfect but it is a lot closer than some previous attempts.

No not even them..

I thought Ford did at least. I know Fisher didn't get them nor did Hamil. They only got royalties from the theatrical showings.

The only one I was aware of who got royalties though was Alec Guiness but I don't think they're much use to him now.

I thought Ford did at least. I know Fisher didn't get them nor did Hamil. They only got royalties from the theatrical showings.

The only one I was aware of who got royalties though was Alec Guiness but I don't think they're much use to him now.

Nope. None of their contracts allowed for "royalties" as we know them today as standard practice.

Does anyone know what the actors were paid for the original Star Wars films? I think I read somewhere that Alec Guinness got a percentage of the box office, but not to sure about that.

EX still available?

WOW! Gonna be a lot of these.

Pretty sure the edition size for exclusives is set by how many orders they get w/in a certain window of time. I imagine the end numbers of the Bruce Wayne Batman were in the 1,000s after Sideshow had him on pre-order for a full week.

Pretty sure the edition size for exclusives is set by how many orders they get w/in a certain window of time. I imagine the end numbers of the Bruce Wayne Batman were in the 1,000s after Sideshow had him on pre-order for a full week.
Sideshow had over 5000 sets of the Bruce Wayne/Batman figure.I guess Hot Toys figured on maybe banking in on all the demand instead of keeping it an exclusive.:dunno

Back