Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't collect Star Wars items, but one look at this and I had to order one. This is an amazing figure and I am going to own it.

I hope it doesn't sell at all because setting a $300 precedent would suck.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't sell that well because of the $300 price tag. $300 is a lot of bread for one (yeah, I know it's two but let's be honest here-it's the same damn character).

$300 isn't very much for this, it'll sell well because it's worth more than that.

I don't collect Star Wars items, but one look at this and I had to order one. This is an amazing figure and I am going to own it.

This post reminds me of the HT Reeve thread in that folks that don't normally collect say superman or Star Wars will buy this b/c of how iconic the character is not to mention how well the figure is made

So everyone has a NRD? All retailers?

The future is here.

I wouldn't worry about this selling out. Well, the Vader head will, but the regular won't I doubt. I'm sure its like Jack Sparrow and Superman, just an open order period for months and months until it ships. Means a lot will be made and that the price will likely go down in the months right after this ships.

And although people keep saying that $300 isn't much for two figures, it really is considering they are essentially the same figure. $300 might not be too much for, say, Joker and Cop Joker -- two different outfits -- but do you really want two of the same figures on your shelf? Really? The exact same, just one dirty, one clean?

just noticed two things )that I'm sure have already been talked about maybe) they used the Kevin Flynn crotch stand and they made a new base that isn't a re-use of the BD MkIII. that new base will definitely go nicely with SS ESB Boba and his base :D

So everyone has a NRD? All retailers?

The future is here.
not sure if it's all retailers. do we know if CSC is charging an NRD. didn't see it in their product details. I believe even Cotswold will have an NRD once it goes up since they've had one on a few previous but recent HT POs

tough choice. $300 for 2 figures is not bad, the problem is the 2 figures are the same character. :lol Not sure if I feel compelled to display them both.

I weighed the options and went with the standard version with free shipping. The excl head is cool and all but would just end up in a parts box eventually. $300 for two figures is not bad at all. It allows for two displays. very cool.

I hope it doesn't sell at all because setting a $300 precedent would suck.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't sell that well because of the $300 price tag. $300 is a lot of bread for one (yeah, I know it's two but let's be honest here-it's the same damn character).

Really? Look at everything you are getting for $300.

The Weather Vane could easily be $50-75 on it's own. At least. If SS made it, it would be polystone and a couple of hundred bucks.
So that would bring it down to $125 per figure alone. That is a bargain these days, especially since it has PERS, a DX stand (plus a normal one) and it's fricken Star Wars. It's a fantastic price for this.

Really? Look at everything you are getting for $300.

The Weather Vane could easily be $50-75 on it's own. At least. If SS made it, it would be polystone and a couple of hundred bucks.
So that would bring it down to $125 per figure alone. That is a bargain these days, especially since it has PERS, a DX stand (plus a normal one) and it's fricken Star Wars. It's a fantastic price for this.

What? Weathervane for $50-$75? Maybe $35-$45. WITH the light-up. It's a big clunky thing that is kind of difficult to find space for.

I say this very much wanting that weathervane...just don't think I'd pay $50-$75 for it.

I would say each figure is worth $150. It's just that I don't want two of the same figure for that price.

I had already relegated my Sideshow version to hang out in Yoda's Hut. Not sure if I'll keep him and put the non-BD in his place, or if it he'll be displayed elsewhere.

Uh, no Hot Toys quality for the hut methinks.

I think you'll have some time... even with the popularity of Superman there were still a lot of waitlist conversions.

I imagine as the price increases the number of cancellations and declined cards increases as well.

Yeah, I mean I think Superman was up for maybe a month or so before I ordered him. I need a week, not sure if Luke>Superman. Supes is pretty amazing.

If there's one thing I could complain about it would be how minty fresh the non BD suit looks. It's a little too pristine.

But that's easily remedied.

Anyone _____ing about $299.99 is not taking into consideration you get TWO entire Hot Toys DX figures with PERS, a HUGE light up base AND an amazing extra Darth/Luke head accessory. Divide this thing by 3 or even 2 and it's an incredible value.

I agree, this is actually a solid value.

I think I've only ordered three figures through SS this entire year. Bruce Lee, but that was worth paying the extra coin just to get the EX, Spider-Man, since I wanted that figure in hand ASAP, and Captain America, which I used some RPs on plus the free shipping... Otherwise it's AE 90% of the time, though it does suck seeing everyone get their figures before me. I've stayed away from the Superman thread for that exact reason. :lol

I'll be shooting you a PM shortly on how we can split this, if you're still interested bud. :duff

I would say each figure is worth $150. It's just that I don't want two of the same figure for that price.

true, but I'd rather have it this way where they come together in one big package versus say the Iron Man way. Take the Mark III for instance, there's the clean version that was first released then later a rumored then fully revealed BD version, and if you bought both, that brought you to $360. not to mention the rumor that HT might be making ANOTHER MKIII

Here we're getting 2 complete DX PERS figures for $300. Imagine how many ppl would be pissed if HT first showed the clean version DX at say $215 then 6 months to a year later the next SW DX release is not a new character but again Bespin Luke but this time the BD version at the same price most likely?? I think HT was smart with the pricing and putting it all in on package. for me personally, I'll take this value and two figures at $150:)

I just can't stop looking at the pictures. Simply stunning. Can't wait to have it in hand, and I can't wait to see which character Hot Toys does next.

I'll be shooting you a PM shortly on how we can split this, if you're still interested bud. :duff

Careful Flosi, old Snaku will probably tell you that "you get nothing" and will leave you high and dry...Lukeless. :wink1:

I'm trying to quote you Nick but all I see is empty space...it's as if I can't see you anymore!

Don't-a-getta-me-wrongo Thom, I love Luke...but Supes is a sight to behold. He's literally perfect. We've had awesome Lukes in the past, and don't worry...this is ordered. SW>Dated Superman movie.

I'm really cool with the price point for everything you get. Sign me up for one. :D

Back