Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've only ordered three figures through SS this entire year. Bruce Lee, but that was worth paying the extra coin just to get the EX, Spider-Man, since I wanted that figure in hand ASAP, and Captain America, which I used some RPs on plus the free shipping... Otherwise it's AE 90% of the time, though it does suck seeing everyone get their figures before me. I've stayed away from the Superman thread for that exact reason. :lol

Yep, for me unless its there is an exclusive I always ordered from AE. But with Sideshow offering free shipping on HT figures I've been going with them more since the price is about equal when you factor in the differences between the reward points.

But generally if there is a Sideshow only exclusive (and I like it) I'll get it from them. But since I'm not getting hit with sales tax that's easier to pay 10% more for a figure versus close to 20% more.

383299_243954752333189_138228759572456_741131_680677074_n.jpg

Finally I can see more of Mark Hamill when the eyes are looking more straight ahead. Not perfect, but definitely better. Stupid PERS.

Funny how on the straight on shot if the eyes are looking forward I see Hamill, but eyes to the side not as much :lol I wonder if its because in our minds eyes (and the way Luke is generally shown) he's not looking extremely to the left or right :huh

Whereas with Jack Sparrow I always thinking of him looking to the side or even with extreme eye positions and in that case the DX works perfectly.

The regular does look better in those shots... the overall piece just looks amazing! I haven't been this excited about a SW figure since the original Sideshow Jedi Luke announcement :rock

Yep. Reminds me of the days when the excitement of a Sideshow SW PPO would fry the servers. May happen again for a HT 1:6 SW figure if a lot of peeps want the EX.

He's up for pre-order at Sideshow! $299 for the EX (and regular):

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9013991&ref=home&new&preorder

Pre-ordered!! I Flexpaid it and used some points for it...
:rock!!

Thanks!

Weird! They photoshopped the lightsaber "on". No mention of a light up lightsaber in the specs, though. And HT unequivocally said "no" to a light up saber.

Yeah, the pics are quite random and a bit weird...
Don't matter!! Proto looks awesome!!

Hmmm, looks prettttty bad-ass. And I'm pleasantly surprised by the price. Never thought they'd give us a 'deal'.

Well I think the jaw is too wide. And the paint job on that head looks less sophisticated than the previous shots we have seen. Maybe not production but it's getting there. Could be a test run or something.

:pfft::lol

Camera can change how wide a face can appear, based on focal length, there's no way to compare things like that between a photo of a toy and a photo of the real actor

Hmmm, looks prettttty bad-ass. And I'm pleasantly surprised by the price. Never thought they'd give us a 'deal'.

Totally agree. Its like $150 for each figure plus you get a deluxe style base and the light up bespin weather vein. Although its a good bit of change it seems like a pretty good deal when you break it down.

Also still kinda think its weird that there was no announcement or anything. If the exclusive sells out quick then i bet there will be alot of unhappy campers.

These set of photos also make the sculpt look a bit better too. Price is fair considering it's two full complete figures.

As awesome as this is, it's a pass though. No Luke for me.

Dont really like the $30 non refundable deposit, but i guess thats a sign of things to come with the higher dollar amount. Stupid question but the $30 deposit drops the $300 tag to $270 assuming you dont cancel. Is that right?

Dont really like the $30 non refundable deposit, but i guess thats a sign of things to come with the higher dollar amount. Stupid question but the $30 deposit drops the $300 tag to $270 assuming you dont cancel. Is that right?

Yes, the deposit goes towards the price of the figure.

WTH, preorder before official specs/pics? I wasn't prepared to decide on the exclusive yet! :gah:

WTH, preorder before official specs/pics? I wasn't prepared to decide on the exclusive yet! :gah:

I'm not ready to decide until we find out what body is under those clothes, if it's some muscled slim TT, I'm down, but if not, I will probably pass.

Back