Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

It's an advanced form of jive i've never seen before.

I can translate.

I love this site for all of the information I can get from the people who post here, but I dislike the manner in which people post when they are not being informative. Like most of the noobs who complain here, I want the regulars to cater to my needs and refrain from banter that only clutters pages with conversation that makes me feel like an outsider. With 18 posts, I should be able to feel like I've posted here all my life, just like the people who don't have jobs and have post counts higher than God's IQ (i.e. King Darkness).

I have mad cow disease.

flowercow.gif

I had a dream last night that they up and cancelled this figure with no explanation. Good to know that was just a dream.

Not sure about getting a DX luke...with this announcement though I am hoping for a DX Darth Maul!

Okay, gotta break out my "____-retentive-fanboy-soapbox" for a second; while Luke does indeed pilot an X-wing in the film, he wears a snow speeder flight suit in ESB, which has several distinct differences. Apparently, he has no time for a costume change between destroying AT-ATs and hauling his butt to Dagobah. Off the soapbox now. There! I feel better, if no less neurotic...!

As much as I want an X-wing pilot outfit, I would prefer to have a beat-up fatigues outfit as a second look.

Besides, the x-wing outfit has way too much gear to be a second look unless they're going the DX Joker/Guard way.

Hmmmm, why not? I know it gives people hives to hear the name of this company, but Hasbro did a deluxe Luke with Tatooine farmer costume and X-Wing flight suit. Yeah, the quality was crap, but the price point was also considerably lower than what HT will be asking, and that was about a decade ago. For a figure in the $225-$250 range, HT could throw in all the bells and whistles and still make a tidy profit - I mean, this is Star Wars, not some small, obscure property. It's Luke Skywalker, a household name and the hero of the saga, as he appears in the best of the SW films. If they make the edition size big enough, they'll make a killing. And the flight suit would even fit the "Bespin" theme, as he wears it to fly his X-wing to Bespin!

Maybe they can do that with ANH Luke. That would be a great way to entice people to buy him.

Oh, please no. I love that HT is working on SW now, but they should keep the focus on characters/variations that haven't been done in 1/6 scale yet, at least for awhile after Bespin Luke. They could easily churn out figures from ESB for awhile without having to double-dip. ESB Vader, Hoth/Bespin Leia, Hoth Han, Hoth Luke, Chewie, the droids. Maybe after those, they could do ANH Luke. But having all the figure you already own re-released in superior quality at a higher price is...kinda what it was like to collect Hasbro 12" when SSC came along! Did that leave a good taste in anyone's mouth? Ease us into this, please...

(Oh, and if HT doesn't do a Slave Leia while they have the chance, I'll...I'll...:panic::panic::panic:)

I'd love the Hoth pilot outfit too, but..

Think of all the great stuff that they could concentrate on within his Bespin fatigues / Dagobah training portion of the film:

* two heads - normal & beaten (given)
* survival kit - with camp light, flashlight, generator, supplies chest
* Yoda's back pack
* chopped Vader helmet with Luke's face inside
* second battle damaged fatigues outfit
* tourniquet
* cauterized wrist stump
* severed hand

..ah heck - throw the pilot outfit in too!! :lol

I'm really hoping for HT (or even Sideshow) to make a separate X-Wing Luke. It'll keep the cost down per figure, and it gives people the option to skip the new DX Bespin Luke since Sideshow already made it.

Oh, please no. I love that HT is working on SW now, but they should keep the focus on characters/variations that haven't been done in 1/6 scale yet, at least for awhile after Bespin Luke. They could easily churn out figures from ESB for awhile without having to double-dip. ESB Vader, Hoth/Bespin Leia, Hoth Han, Hoth Luke, Chewie, the droids. Maybe after those, they could do ANH Luke. But having all the figure you already own re-released in superior quality at a higher price is...kinda what it was like to collect Hasbro 12" when SSC came along! Did that leave a good taste in anyone's mouth? Ease us into this, please...

(Oh, and if HT doesn't do a Slave Leia while they have the chance, I'll...I'll...:panic::panic::panic:)

So Far HT has only Double dip in figures SIdeshow has done already:
Indy, T2, T1000, and now Luke. What makes us think this strategy will change?

The thing I'm liking about this concept is that I can pose the SS Bespin Luke one way and use the alternate stuff in this one to basically have an entirely different Bespin Luke so it won't seem to be a "duplicate" persay. If that makes sense (it does in my mind but that can be a very scary place...lol)

HT doesnt really have a choice in this, they dont have a license, they are being allowed to do this by Sideshow.

So Far HT has only Double dip in figures SIdeshow has done already:
Indy, T2, T1000, and now Luke. What makes us think this strategy will change?

Good point, but this whole SW partnership seems different than the Terminator stuff. That was HT picking up a license Sideshow dropped. The Indy could be because it's just the beginning like this Luke is.

But it just seems like a waste, especially since there are still so many important figures to get to, like all the Hoth stuff, Chewie, the droids, etc. I don't doubt they will double dip the main characters like Luke, Han and Leia, but I hope they will at least vary it a bit and do a repeat at least as every other one. I'm definitely down for a new Bespin Han, that's for sure.

Back