Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool. How much did the signature set you back? He was charging over $100 an autograph at SDCC a couple years back...

At Celebration this year, it was around $125. He was the most expensive there. I do wonder how much of that he gets as I was in line for 3.5 hours waiting for it.

At Celebration this year, it was around $125. He was the most expensive there. I do wonder how much of that he gets as I was in line for 3.5 hours waiting for it.

The greed of these celebs is getting out of control. It's not like Hamill is hard up for cash with all of the residuals he gets from Luca$film. I remember the days when celebrities would sign for free at the cons because they were paid by the promoter to be a guest. Now the celebrities see it as supplementing their incomes. They should provide that service to the fans who have supported them and their careers over the years and made their lives succe$$ful. Comic CON is right.

100 dollars is the new 10.

I'd like to get a few of the other actors. I have Peter Mayhew, David Prowse and Mark Hamill. I don't want to buy any of them from the web, the ones I have are in person so I know they are real.

Fisher was only around $70. Ray Park was the best, he was $40 and he let you take a picture with him as well. The others don't.

Could be the autograph proceeds are his only payment. The con might only pay for his flights and accommodation.

Not the case with Celebration as he was also on the main night intro and other panels I believe. At the SDCC when I saw him thou not sure, he was part of the Star Wars booth and they definitely promoted it via all channels which brought up over all sales revenue at the booth so I am pretty sure they threw him something (and I think he was a panel member for one of his non Star Wars endeavors).

Some "celebrities" will not even say a word or make eye contact with you unless you pay for the autograph (looking at you "$50 to even say hi Robert Rodriguez").

Leonard Nimoy was a super nice guy but the booths that handle the Star Trek celebs are run by pretty hardcore "people", they wont even let you slow down in the aisle in front of them to take a picture unless you pay, they will actually raise their hands to block your photo... I have one of Leonard that you can just see his face through spread fingers so it looks a bit like someone is doing the Live Long and Prosper Vulcan sign but unfortunately it was enough to throw the focus off so looks like crap.

You can probably blame the people who sell autographs for that. I say the celebs are entitled to getting money for their autographs if people out there are turning around and ebaying them for $200+.

I've heard some celebs only sign autographs if they personalize them (i.e. "To Tom, Love Bill Shatner") because those don't sell as well as ones that are just the signature.

You can probably blame the people who sell autographs for that. I say the celebs are entitled to getting money for their autographs if people out there are turning around and ebaying them for $200+.

I've heard some celebs only sign autographs if they personalize them (i.e. "To Tom, Love Bill Shatner") because those don't sell as well as ones that are just the signature.

I am not a huge autograph guy but occasionally I get excited. I have had comic creators wave the fee entirely when you ask them to personalize it on your comics. I met the guy who played the Mohawk crazy guy in The Road Warrior (he was Bennet in Commando too) and he wanted $25 an autograph or $15 for personal photo but once my brother and I started talking to him about how iconic he was in our youth and what not he let us take a personal picture for free. I don't think he made a lot of money that con though.

I know Buzz Aldrin was a some astronaut conference n 2012 he was charging $400 for his base autograph. Here's his price list!

His current fees for 2012 quoted in US dollars are as follows:

Personalization free ( with autograph purchase )
Base fee for autograph $400
3 Dimensional Items and Beta cloths ( Globes, models ) $500
Apollo 11 completion ( with Neil Armstrong alone OR both Armstrong and Michael Collins ) $1000
Apollo 11 completion ( with just Michael Collins ) $500
Gemini 12 crew completion ( with Lovell ) $500
Baseballs $1500
Books authored by Buzz Aldrin $250
Mission and date insription $50 each
Additional Inscriptions ( up to 15 words total ) $50 per word

I know Buzz Aldrin was a some astronaut conference n 2012 he was charging $400 for his base autograph. Here's his price list!

His current fees for 2012 quoted in US dollars are as follows:

Personalization free ( with autograph purchase )
Base fee for autograph $400
3 Dimensional Items and Beta cloths ( Globes, models ) $500
Apollo 11 completion ( with Neil Armstrong alone OR both Armstrong and Michael Collins ) $1000
Apollo 11 completion ( with just Michael Collins ) $500
Gemini 12 crew completion ( with Lovell ) $500
Baseballs $1500
Books authored by Buzz Aldrin $250
Mission and date insription $50 each
Additional Inscriptions ( up to 15 words total ) $50 per word

Reminds me of Fred Ward's character Gordo Cooper in The Right Stuff taking tiny space capsule novelties up with him so he could sell them for profit until his unceremonious splash-down.

Wasn't Fred Ward Gus Grissom? Great movie anyway.

I agree with the thought that people take the autographs and stuff and then sell them straight away and that makes the stars want to be payed. If people will pay $100 for an autograph it might as well be payed to the actual person instead of the Comic Book guy types.

Wasn't Fred Ward Gus Grissom? Great movie anyway.

I agree with the thought that people take the autographs and stuff and then sell them straight away and that makes the stars want to be payed. If people will pay $100 for an autograph it might as well be payed to the actual person instead of the Comic Book guy types.

Aw yeah it was Gus Grissom. Been a long time since I watched that film. Good flick though.

Yeah, I did it for under that, definitely still do-able - patience is the key. If you're in a hurry, or want a swanky box, pay the big bucks.

I've seen that weathervane for $$$ on eBay and I got it for about $20 shipped - just by waiting and watching.

Wow, I don't know how you guys managed to do that through eBay... I've been watching/searching for parts for a couple months now (just want a battle-damaged outfit, full body, undamaged head, and belt/pistol/lightsaber - no weathervane, or other accessories), and at best it would cost me minimum $350-$450. Any sellers you recommend?

Just picked up some clothes to put together a Bespin Luke with the Hoth head. What's the best type of knock-off body for this? Need hands and a neck and everything.

Just picked up some clothes to put together a Bespin Luke with the Hoth head. What's the best type of knock-off body for this? Need hands and a neck and everything.

It's really unfortunate - I used the 100% perfect body for mine (exact right build/height) but after an exhaustive search on eBay I couldn't find any more (even messaged the seller I bought it from - no luck.) A slim narrow is what is best. At one time there were cheaper (like $25) slim/narrows on eBay but no longer. I recently ordered one that was a "narrow" and in-hand it looked like every other body. Really bummed. If you find something, please post pics.

^^That is too bad. I'll see what I come up with. The clothes seem really well tailored for the stock body, but those bodies are stupid pricey and don't have the neck piece or even hands usually. Already in $55 deep for the clothes (though eBay bucks knocked off $20). Have the belt, blaster and hilt from Hoth Luke. Worried the belt might be a little bit loose.

^^That is too bad. I'll see what I come up with. The clothes seem really well tailored for the stock body, but those bodies are stupid pricey and don't have the neck piece or even hands usually. Already in $55 deep for the clothes (though eBay bucks knocked off $20). Have the belt, blaster and hilt from Hoth Luke. Worried the belt might be a little bit loose.

Yeah, have to cut and glue - it's way too big. I actually managed to do an invisible butt-joint (pleather is quite thick, so it doesn't overlap as well as the old Sideshow rigs with the thinner material) with no glue showing.:yess:

Back