Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They might, but they'll do more damage than screws because you'll probably need to use the permanent adhesive. When you peel it off it's going to bring the paint and possibly part of the plaster with it. If you can hit the bottom of a joist with longer and thin screws (you only need 2 of them), the hole size damage will be minimal and easily and discreetly filled if you ever want to take it down. It will also be a lot more secure.

The complete alternative to hanging is using the base that comes with it to place the whole thing on a shelf. But it does look very sweet hanging:

11593379065_50776f97f4_z.jpg
11516238174_d9dd6b9d9d_z.jpg

Where can I get that backdrop? Really digging it, looks fantastic!

What I love about this set is the sensibility of the items packed into it. There are a ton of very usable parts, which, IMO, can be contrasted against Sideshow's recent Vader release.

Instead of two head sculpts or even two outfits and a single body, they include two complete figures with the correct amount of accessories and parts to display both in a versatile manner. The weather vane is very much an accessory and not just a "stand." Then you look at Sideshow's Vader that also seemingly comes with a ton of parts, yet it's easy to look at most of them and feel they're extraneous. Three heads if you include the empty mask. A ton of right hands. Multiple display bases. But those bases are nothing more than figure stands, one of them dedicated to an empty mask and helmet - this might as well be an entirely different product as it can't be posed with the figure in a diorama-like situation. There are only 3 left hands, arguably the most important hand for expressing action when the right hand would be holding the saber.

At the end of the day, when you compare prices, $300 for HT Luke and $250 for SS Vader, it's obvious to see where the better value is. Hot Toys has plenty of seemingly overpriced figures, but every now and then they put out a home-run value product. I feel the same way about the new Batman Armory 3 figure set comparatively - a lot of bang for your buck.

Gotta agree with you there... with Luke I've got most of the accessories and items out on display. But with Vader it's just him, one set of hands, one lightsaber and the rest is in a box. The extras are nice in theory, but most of it is just wasted money.

Where can I get that backdrop? Really digging it, looks fantastic!

I'll sell high-quality prints, but if you want to download my original source file, it's in my Flickr backgrounds album. You can preview it and get to the album by going either to my Photostream or Showroom Thread, both linked in my signature - there's also a Flickr button under my user name and avatar to the left of this post area.

Quick update: the seller responded that it was a mistake, the delivered package was a free gift he sends to all his clients (really, a Mickey Mouse bookmark?). Then he provided a second tracking number, supposedly for the HT Luke Bespin set, which he just shipped yesterday, after I opened the case (and mind you, I paid for the set on 5-29-14). It'll take at least 7-10 days to see if this time I do, in fact, get the figures.
Any update?

Any update?

Yes, I finally received the second package and just opened it, and it is, indeed, the DX07 Exclusive, sealed/unused, as promised. I guess I was being paranoid, but the whole transaction was handled oddly. Why didn't the seller explain ahead of time that he was sending a "gift" separately, and why did he wait until I opened the case to send the actual item? Oh well, all's well that ends well, I suppose.

Yes, I finally received the second package and just opened it, and it is, indeed, the DX07 Exclusive, sealed/unused, as promised. I guess I was being paranoid, but the whole transaction was handled oddly. Why didn't the seller explain ahead of time that he was sending a "gift" separately, and why did he wait until I opened the case to send the actual item? Oh well, all's well that ends well, I suppose.
I'm just happy is squared away! Grats on the awesome score friend!

I'll sell high-quality prints, but if you want to download my original source file, it's in my Flickr backgrounds album. You can preview it and get to the album by going either to my Photostream or Showroom Thread, both linked in my signature - there's also a Flickr button under my user name and avatar to the left of this post area.

Thanks!!

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gotta agree with you there... with Luke I've got most of the accessories and items out on display. But with Vader it's just him, one set of hands, one lightsaber and the rest is in a box. The extras are nice in theory, but most of it is just wasted money.

Same here, most of that Vader stuff I'll never use.

I accidentally won a cheap Exclusive damaged Vader head for this figure...since I was trying at the time to get one here on the boards...and I never ended up getting the figure....but I have the Vader head...will get the figure someday...

I recently tried to best offer one on Ebay...the seller replied with an offer $1 less than the listed price...why even bother with the best offer price if you really won't move off the list price...???

Oops, mis-read the original post, so here's an edit. You should have come back with a new offer of $1 total. ;)

Last edited:
I accidentally won a cheap Exclusive damaged Vader head for this figure...since I was trying at the time to get one here on the boards...and I never ended up getting the figure....but I have the Vader head...will get the figure someday...

I recently tried to best offer one on Ebay...the seller replied with an offer $1 less than the listed price...why even bother with the best offer price if you really won't move off the list price...???

I absolutely hate when sellers do that…. why allow a best offer option if you are not willing to go down what so ever? I have had sellers even email me with scathing emails if I ask for $5 below asking.

Did you lowball the hell out of the offer? Maybe they were being as smart ass.

Well it seems as though I'm missing a piece of my weathervane. The rod that goes between the main part and the "T"shaped part. Unless is hidden somewhere, I haven't seen it. Highly doubtful I'd find a replacement, so I may have to try to make one. Can someone measure the length of that rod, possibly even the thread pitch? So bummed I just went to use the weathervane and now I can't :/

I absolutely hate when sellers do that…. why allow a best offer option if you are not willing to go down what so ever? I have had sellers even email me with scathing emails if I ask for $5 below asking.

Those tend to be Asian dealers. I don't think they really understand how the offer thing works and just have all those options automatically ticked on. I've had the same thing happen to me with tons of them and it's always the same. They offer back like $1 less than the regular price and say "this is expensive item, can't offer discount"

This is a great figure. I can't wait to get a place so I can mount the weather vane with the battle damaged Luke hanging off it. I still need to get the Sideshow Vader to battle my regular figure.

Back