Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, I think the PERS are throwing the sculpt off a bit, but I hope to pull off this look with the eyes.

ZB0xY.jpg

Again, I think the PERS are throwing the sculpt off a bit, but I hope to pull off this look with the eyes.

ZB0xY.jpg

Always really liked that pic of Hamill (in regards to figure, it's only one so far that I do like PERS in), seems to have a bit of attitude in it. If I've read some of the posts on this figure correctly, though, it's not possible to tilt Luke's head forward and back or side to side, which does kind of suck. I'd prefer a little neck articulation over seamlessness, personally.

And that's the problem. Hot Toys seems to be basing this figure off the promo pics rather than actual film stills, hence the coiffed Hamill hair and the clean pressed fatigues.

And that's the problem. Hot Toys seems to be basing this figure off the promo pics rather than actual film stills, hence the coiffed Hamill hair and the clean pressed fatigues.

Seems like it would not be difficult to futz the clean fatigues if one's really bothered by it. Personally I like that one's really clean and the other's damaged (adds a bit of contrast). Don't think his hair in either sculpt looks overly stylized, either.

Yeah, it's thin in reality compared to the figure where the suit looks very thick.

A reasonable compromise considering they're manufacturing for a 12" figure and not a full-grown man...

Hovering over whether or not to get this guy;

Pros:
He's a DX
I most certainly would want a Darth Vader and Han Solo should they get released

Cons:
I'm most certainly not a Star Wars fan and haven't seen any of the films for about 15 years

Decisions decisions.....

Doesn't really sound like much of a decision mate, if you're not a fan why bother! I'm not a fan of Pirates of the Carribean so I just admire the DX Sparrow in photos.

That's like saying "I'm not into the Chelsea F.C., but let me throw down hundereds of quid on tickets anyway"

It's not. :rotfl:rotfl

One can enjoy a piece of art without giving a ____ about its background or what movie it was in. I don't like the PotC movies but I do enjoy the Jack Sparrow figure because it's awesome.

Personally I have to like a film to consider buying a figure from it. I'd have loved to have bought the recent iminime Mills and Somerset from Se7en but the love for the film isn' there enough. So I passed. And that Morgan Freeman sculpt is pure art!

Hovering over whether or not to get this guy;

Pros:
He's a DX
I most certainly would want a Darth Vader and Han Solo should they get released

Cons:
I'm most certainly not a Star Wars fan and haven't seen any of the films for about 15 years

Decisions decisions.....

I'd say if you have any idea or feeling you may want this figure at all, I'd get one. Some of these are sleeper hits and he may be difficult to score later. You don't have to be a super fan to like the look of and want a figure. I'm not a super Marvel fan but enjoy the occasional Marvel piece on my shelf.

Back