Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt may not be perfect, but neither was the Christopher Reeve Superman and they fixed it for the production run.

Yeah, neither was Indy and they fixed him...WHAT? They DIDN'T? Oh well, never mind...

Luke looks great!

Once they get official approval (generally before we see anything), there's no need to risk disapproval from the licensor by going back with "improvements" that are smattered about on a few boards around the globe. Any improvements that ARE done are probably in process by the time we see the reveal, at the request of the licensor.

They went back with supes. (but i'll take this as is no problem)

Is that true? I mean, do you know they went back after people made comments, or had they gone back already knowing what the changes they wanted would be? It's always hard to tell I imagine.

I think the only time I've ever seen a product change based on people's input (from here) was with Sideshow, when they used to be more active on this board, when they changed Plo Koon's saber color (I think it was Plo Koon) and when they tossed in the trooper blaster with Han Solo. BUT those were very specific 'cries for change' with a simple fix. It's much more difficult for a company to listen to "make it better" and solve that.

Last edited:
Marcus Wright and Blade were two figures that changed after the proto pics were revealed. I still don't think Superman changed a bit, but that's my opinion.

Again though, were those changes a result of people's cries OR were they planned and/or in process already? Who can truly say?

We need an HT whistleblower.

I know we all like to think we have a voice here, but we're really just cattle and these "toys" are our feed.

Well the face looks ok, but the hair doesn't look very much like how Luke had it in the movie. But on the other hand the wounded Luke looks much better. Since some days thinking about buying this one. It's a pretty fair deal for 2 figures and bases.

The only problem is, no money :lol

I'm still planning on posing just the BD Luke, as I think the beaten and worn figure will POP more on the shelf... but you never know which will actually look better until you have both in hand.

I want them both and plan to display both... Any thought of only wanting one went away a while ago. I think the thought of a Hot Toys quality Star Wars figure is really starting to sink in... Dream come true!

I'm thinking a display with SS Vader squaring off with BD Luke... could be the centerpiece of my Star Wars display.

That's why i'm not sure what to do with clean Luke.

I'll have the clean figure looking wide eyed with the blaster drawn, walking through the streets of Bespin, whilst the BD will have his lightsaber lit, getting his ass handed to him by Vader :lol

LOL@ "poor" likeness of Luke

Get outta town! To each his own i guess. (and it'll probably look even better when released)

____ing awesome!

390002_244402448955086_138228759572456_742258_1589134160_n.jpg

379804_244402408955090_138228759572456_742256_860961892_n.jpg

From these angles, looks awesome!

Back