Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think a new DX line focusing on Star Wars not tackling a Vader, the most iconic character of the whole saga.
Besides, having a Bespin Luke (not Dagobah), to start off this line, a bespin Vader can't be far behind IMO.

I also believe an HT ESB Vader is highly likely to accompany Bespin Luke. Although it may very well be a SS+HT since this whole venture isn't just HT getting into Star Wars, it's SS + HT doing Star Wars together. That's what the announcement says.

Well isn't this exciting news! Guess I've got my first purchase for next year decided. Gonna need a new Detolf soon. Or...I could build an ESB Vader vs. Luke dio. Most impressive

I could see that being true. It's the human face that HT has mastered over sideshow. Makes sense..

Nobody at HT has mastered sculpting over Trevor Grove, the best sculptor at Sideshow by miles if you ask me. His sculpts just get buried by Sideshow's sub-par paint apps.

But this announcement implies we could see Trevor Grove sculpts with Hot Toys paint apps, and that is ____ing exciting. If DX Luke turns out to be sculpted by Trevor Grove, I'll do a god damn back flip at probable risk to serious injury.

I also believe an HT ESB Vader is highly likely to accompany Bespin Luke. Although it may very well be a SS+HT since this whole venture isn't just HT getting into Star Wars, it's SS + HT doing Star Wars together. That's what the announcement says.

Not to mention the armored body on Vader was already a collaboration with Hot Toys. So, it is not to far out of reason to see some further collaboration... but I do not think Sideshow would give HT access to do a Vader completely on their own.

Nobody at HT has mastered sculpting over Trevor Grove, the best sculptor at Sideshow by miles if you ask me. His sculpts just get buried by Sideshow's sub-par paint apps.

But this announcement implies we could see Trevor Grove sculpts with Hot Toys pain apps, and that is ____ing exciting. If DX Luke turns out to be sculpted by Trevor Grove, I'll do a god damn back flip at probable risk to serious injury.

This is my hope as well... lets give the Sideshow's sculptors work the respect only custom work and prototype paint have done so far :lecture

But this announcement implies we could see Trevor Grove sculpts with Hot Toys paint apps, and that is ____ing exciting. If DX Luke turns out to be sculpted by Trevor Grove, I'll do a god damn back flip at probable risk to serious injury.

You're probably right but what I'm referring to is the finial product that is produced and sold. HT scary life like, sideshow not so much. Indiana Jones being not such a good example.. But t800 and bale. Outstanding! Now if this is what we are fortunate to be getting with a DX Luke.. :hi5:

Last edited:
Bet Vader 100% HT. I'm hoping for ANH Luke, Leia, Han,Chewy and Ben. All from HT.

If HT redue all the major players from the first 2 films I am in serious trouble. I may need help! Time to start saving .. I am over the moon with this dx choice!

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I'm too lazy to read all the posts...
Couldn't it be that we might get a Luke with two complete outfits and two head sculpts?
One Dagobah/Bespin outfit and one X-Wing Fighter outfit? One helmeted head and one without?
Does seem feasible considering other DX releases.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I'm too lazy to read all the posts...
Couldn't it be that we might get a Luke with two complete outfits and two head sculpts?
One Dagobah/Bespin outfit and one X-Wing Fighter outfit? One helmeted head and one without?
Does seem feasible considering other DX releases.

That would be insane.

The T-1000 was no different and that sucker cost $150.

Hmm, interesting. When did that one come out? I would imagine that the Terminator license would cost significantly less than the SW license, which in turn would drive up the price for this Luke.

Even outside of that though, there is also a 'premium' for SW products that always seems to be included just because it's Star Wars. These companies know SW fans will pay it especially if its high quality.

Back