Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a thread killer..
Only kidding..
:)

So I wonder if the HT blade will fit into the working medicom lighting hilt?
Looks like it will..

Here's a fond look back at their first effort, Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight...

Don't care what anyone says, this is still a great figure. And for $50 you got a hell of a lot for your money :lecture Especially when you consider the Medicom version came out earlier and retailed for around $150 :lol

Don't care what anyone says, this is still a great figure. And for $50 you got a hell of a lot for your money :lecture Especially when you consider the Medicom version came out earlier and retailed for around $150 :lol

I still have mine painted by Les Walker and it stands up to anything newer coming out. Even if it hadn't been repainted, it is still an A class figure.

I prefer the PERS. More options...

PERS works better for some characters than others - Indy is an example of a character that would have benefited from traditional eyes over PERS (plus my Indy's PERS were slightly wonky right out of the box, which was irritating, but I'm choosing to live with it, rather than go through the hassle of trying to get an exchange). It remains to be seen how the final version of Luke will look with PERS; so far, I think the BD benefits from it more then the clean version...

True, but it actually works on some releases. Keaton Bats for example, or the Jack Joker. Or Bruce Lee.. just not all the time...:monkey2

Don't forget DX Jack Sparrow! :lecture

But I guess I'm in the minority here who actually likes PERS. sure it shouldn't be done for every character, but I've enjoyed it for the figures I have or seen in-hand

But, painted eyes would look just as good as PERS on any of those figures (if not better), as well as looking much better than with PERS on some others. Complete crap shoot, and for what? A gimmick that lets you have a guy looking one way or the other? Fuggettaboutit.

We'll have to wait for the production figure to see for sure but I think the best use of PERS will be on Keaton Bats.

I like PERS on the BD Luke. I think it adds to it more than the clean for some reason.

I still have mine painted by Les Walker and it stands up to anything newer coming out. Even if it hadn't been repainted, it is still an A class figure.

You actually got something from him? Nice! (the Strider and Jedi Luke ARE pretty awesome....funny that SS gained a large fanbase with those 2 and then got lazy afterwards [not counting their amazing {but overpriced} GI JOE stuff.])

HT knocked it out of the park with this one, honestly. I'll probably pass though, because of the price...although I don't think I have the willpower (thanks to credit cards) to pass on a DX Han Solo.....

No we don't because, as shown in the Indy head, PERS has seriously damaged the overall Ford likeness.

Straight up MMS release for solo please HT. Lose the googly eyes. :lecture

That's an opinion, brother. Lots of folks are pretty happy with their Indy.

<---- this guy wouldn't take a constantly-plugged dental-surgery-looking Indy recast over my HT version in a heartbeat.

Back