Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
normally you get your last flexpayment around the time sideshow gets the figure in stock, so flexpaydates may change or sometime you get the option to have it shiped early like if you just got charged with your 2nd flex payment and the figure is realeased sometime before you reach the 3rd payment you get an email with the option to have the last payment charged and have the figure shipped to you, does that make sense?????.............wow now im confused!!!:lol

Do flex payment indicate release dates? I see the last payment has may 20th on it, i have never done it before. Seems some see their figs releasing early and then want to be charged the full amount cause they don't wanna wait.

Boba Fett is gonna get the axe cause of this figure.. Have to get him later then.

Leave your stupid comments in your pocket!!!!!

Axe the coolest looking character ever, for the biggest crybaby of all time in movies? :cuckoo:

I am speechless, I am without speech. :thud:

So basically the last flex payment can flex a month early or so?

No, it cannot. I ordered the Mark V for example on Flex. My final Flex wasn't until the last week of October even though people were getting the Mark V from SSC before then.

Flex schedules only change when the item is delayed, the last payment will "hang" until the item is released. If the item ships early, the flex stays on schedule BUT you can call them and have them charge the balance early if you'd like.

It's the same head. What a difference PERS makes, couldn't be assed shopping it properly, but you get the picture (obviously from a shot taken from a different angle). Same sculpt, painted eyes. PERS=Rubbish.

screen-capture-35.png

funny thing, PERS obviously adds to the development / design / parts side of the budget, but most of us would happily pay full price without it. it is not needed, and for the most part, not even wanted.

Hot Toys needs to realize that they can still charge $299 without PERS... concentrate on the sculpt, not the gimmick.

I don't mind the PERS, it was terrible on Indiana Jones, but if they can manage to get the eyes closer to the eyelids, then it won't have a problem. It's just the space between the eyelids that causes it to look like he's wearing eyeliner or something.

funny thing, PERS obviously adds to the development / design / parts side of the budget, but most of us would happily pay full price without it. it is not needed, and for the most part, not even wanted.

Hot Toys needs to realize that they can still charge $299 without PERS... concentrate on the sculpt, not the gimmick.

True, but it actually works on some releases. Keaton Bats for example, or the Jack Joker. Or Bruce Lee.. just not all the time...:monkey2

It's the same head. What a difference PERS makes, couldn't be assed shopping it properly, but you get the picture (obviously from a shot taken from a different angle). Same sculpt, painted eyes. PERS=Rubbish.

screen-capture-35.png
Wow, there you go. The side by sides do make it pretty apparent.

Although you have a good roof stand heres a pic of the hatch where Lando comes out.

Capture.jpg

Its the same price as the dewback here and think I have settled on the dewback.

Seeing more shots of this figure make me glad I took the plunge - and I'm pleased that HT is producing a Luke figure from my favorite of the OT flicks (though I would've liked it even more if it'd been a DX verison of Luke in all of his Hoth Gear - including a Wampa-scarred alternate sculpt....maybe later, eh?)...

I really like the exclusive - I think I'll display it with my Sideshow Yoda...him staring sadly at that haunting vision of what that last Jedi's future may hold - it'll be cool!

As for the "PERS" feature - it'll be my first figure featuring this function - I just hope the final version looks good - the recent Indy looks pretty bad to me - just haunted and bizarre, certainly not good enough to drop that much coin on - seems like the only figures HT has used this on that works and looks good are the characters that feature "heavy" eye make-up like Jack Sparrow or Joker, where that "sunken" look isn't so apparent.

As the wait begins for HT's debut SW effort, I'm still enjoying Sideshow's SW sixth-scale work and hope they continue producing them for a very long time.

Here's a fond look back at their first effort, Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight...
LUKE001.jpg

Back