Hot Toys DX 04 is coming soon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why people are acting like EB's is MILES better. I honestly don't see how the normal sculpt isn't just as good as EB's work. BD sculpt isn't there though, agreed.

not sure where you guys are seeing that. Its just something they wanted to do for a long time.

Oh, I get that. I'm happy they got that off their to-do list then, but they still screwed the pooch a little. Eh, second head isn't too bad. If you plan to display it with that one only, then sure.

The body's the weird part. He's more shredded than a julienne salad, man!

robertdjr.jpg

And not in a good way. Just looks like he mutated, or something.

I actually couldn't disagree more, I'd take swords over guns any day. I find a good battle with more medieval weapons more entertaining then just guns going off. I like terminator but i think the lord of the rings is a landmark film and just better then pretty much anything. the movies aren't even similar,

:lecture I'm with you. Swords and sorceror tales have much more humanity in them. Look how even "gun" movies like Predator have the guys fight it out at the end without technology.

why are we even talking about this any way?

Uh...I kind of mocked the Terminator earlier and while I did so on behalf of Superman, it had blowback on LOTR. :arwen

I'm not sure why people are acting like EB's is MILES better. I honestly don't see how the normal sculpt isn't just as good as EB's work. BD sculpt isn't there though, agreed.

I'm also curious about how many people who have expressed their distaste of HT's DX04 choice actually have any of the EB BLs or any BL figure for that matter. Is this really about how HT dropped the ball or really just a case of "not interested in BL to begin with"

Wow... Did not see this coming... Well, at least I don't have to worry about cancelling any other figs to get this DX.

Hot Toys really has failed so far in making a DX that I REALLY want...

Hot Toys, we need a:

Jack Sparrow DX​

But, knowing them, they'll first make figs for the new Pirates film, everybody buys a better and improved Jack because it will be awesome and then they'll announce DX05 Sparrow and everybody will be pissed again, because they release a better fig of an existing one...

The body looks stupid. Bruce only looked that ripped a couple of times in the movie. It just looks ridiculously overdone on this figure. Well hot toys are turning into sideshow by releasing random products when people are requesting specific characters.

:gah::gah::gah: I honestly thought a BD T-800 was coming there LOL
Wallet breathes a sigh of relief!!!
Not a big Bruce Lee fan so............PASS

Kindest regards
Tys

Bruce NEVER looked like his skin has literally melted onto his underlying muscles... they need to tone that **** downnnn....

:monkey2 sorry to hear that bud

Glad you are pleased with it bud....oh and WHO was right about Tommy Richardson....hmmmm?

:rock:rock

I've been saving for that , he'd better make it or I'm going to spend this cash on something ridiculous. I can see it already. :monkey1:lol

Can you believe I haven't slept since we last spoke on here ?. I think I have insomnia. I'm not even tired. :monkey4

Seriously? Whoah, I have woken up early, (wish I hadn't now), and am still knackered!

I hear ya about Stan, I have money lined up too.

The body looks stupid. Bruce only looked that ripped a couple of times in the movie. It just looks ridiculously overdone on this figure. Well hot toys are turning into sideshow by releasing random products when people are requesting specific characters.

:lecture Looks like a statue of BL carved in wood where all the details in the torso are too prominent.

This does stink. I was really hoping it would be BD Uncle Bob or 1984 Arnold or Reeves Superman or Keaton Batman, something cool.

But noooooooo, another Jackie Chan, something that enterbay has basically perfected.

This does stink. I was really hoping it would be BD Uncle Bob or 1984 Arnold or Reeves Superman or Keaton Batman, something cool.

But noooooooo, another Jackie Chan, something that enterbay has basically perfected.

Damn... I want a Jackie Chan.

As I posted this in the other thread, I don't think we need to get too upset at this license announcement. It's not like HT is a company like EB with only a limited number of announced figures on the horizon (there was a time when it seemed like the Dragon Ball and Stormriders licenses were the only things in the immediate horizon for EB). With HT, they seemed to have a dozen or more licenses in various stages of development: Predators, Iron Man 2, T2 (and possible T1), Expendables, Platoon, Inglourious Basterds, Blade, Resident Evil, Avatar, Ghostrider, Spider-Man, X-Men, Tron, Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans, various video games....and the list goes on. This is one figure - and HT has not shown any signs of slowing down in their pursuit of diverse licenses and different product lines. I think HT has the resources to pursue more niche lines and properties and yet still produce the more iconic properties. HT is probably the most prolific 1/6 maker out there right now (more so IMO than Sideshow, any of the military makers, EB, Medicom, etc.). I do have a complaint that HT moves on to quickly with some less lucrative licenses (ie Watchmen), but I think that is a business decision and not due to limited resources.

Also, HT is a HK company, and Bruce Lee is still revered there (as well as Japan, evidently HT's #1 market) (if you're in HK, go check out his statue!). Not to mention that it is the 70th anniversary of his b-day. As Vareika pointed out, this project could really be one that hits close to the heart for HT's artists - a real project borne from passion.

I, like many, was hoping for something else, but I'm definitely excited by this license, being a BL fan since a kid (my family was friends with Linda Lee, Bruce's wife, and I have fond memories of watching Enter the Dragon every Chinese New Years).

Somebody force an Enterbay head on a True Type and just get on with their lives...

Not only did HT let us down with their character choice, but they didn't even pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back