Hot Toys DX 03 speculation...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be Rambo or Jack Sparrow IMO. Prolly Rambo...

Which movie version though? I doubt they'd do one that covered more than a single film, and the only 2 that come to mind are Rambo 2 for the regular look and the jump gear and potentially First Blood for the regular look and the M65 jacket. But those seem like pretty worthless to do in a DX format (not only that but the sheer hate that'll be felt if the older figures are re-released that way).

Re: Hot Toys want you to guess what the DX03 is.

Where was it said other than speculation a Reeve or T1 is even comig? How do we know those are coming. I dont thin we do at all....
Howard said in print that they are doing Reeve. What more confirmation
do you need?

I would love any terminator dx, but what if DX 03 is something like Michael Jackson? Maybe "bad" version? The DX line is not limited to the mms line.

I'm so excited. I hope it's something completely out of left field, yet something that everyone will clear shelf space for.

The whole point of the DX was that they were updated versions of previous figs, right?

No, that's now what the DX line is. When HT announced the line, the DX line was stated to be a line of their MMS figures that are taken above and beyond a standard MMS release, with features like PERS, lighted bases, loads of accessories. Basically, it's deluxe line, what you get from a DX figure goes above and beyond what you'd ever get in an MMS figure. Sadly, HT has yet to deliver a DX that is just a deluxe figure from the start and not an improvement on an existing figure, so hopefully DX03 will be the first figure that is just made one time and DX from the start.

Rocky or Rambo for sure.

Rocky or Rambo or no care.

I think Rocky, Rambo or Jack Sparrow

Im calling Rambo

It'll be Rambo or Jack Sparrow IMO. Prolly Rambo...

Rambo please. :lecture

Without even seeing it that'd be collectible of the year for me :), providing of course that it's the version I want most, though any Rambo would still be win.

Which movie version though? I doubt they'd do one that covered more than a single film, and the only 2 that come to mind are Rambo 2 for the regular look and the jump gear and potentially First Blood for the regular look and the M65 jacket. But those seem like pretty worthless to do in a DX format (not only that but the sheer hate that'll be felt if the older figures are re-released that way).

This version or EPIC fail on HT's part, they've made one for every film already except this one. Final version with .50 cal machine gun base and all weapons and clothing from the final battle plus BD and clean headsculpts and shirts.

rambo_v_artwork.jpg

I'd go for that Rambo. Damn violent movie. I'm listening to Brian Tyler's score right now - the track 'The Rescue'.

This version or EPIC fail on HT's part, they've made one for every film already except this one. Final version with .50 cal machine gun base and all weapons and clothing from the final battle plus BD and clean headsculpts and shirts.

rambo_v_artwork.jpg

I agree. Rambo IV or no sale. Though I don't think there's enough there to justify a DX. Dirty or clean? :lol He spent the whole movie in that baggy shirt (to hide his tats). So there's really only one version to do. He'd make a great single release but not sure he'd be worth the DX treatment.

My favorite track on that score is Battle Adagio. I was really nervous about the score not being done by Goldsmith but Tyler did a great job, I hope if a Rambo 5 really happens, he gets Tyler back for the score.

I agree. Rambo IV or no sale. Though I don't think there's enough there to justify a DX. Dirty or clean? :lol He spent the whole movie in that baggy shirt (to hide his tats). So there's really only one version to do. He'd make a great single release but not sure he'd be worth the DX treatment.

Well I think a base with the .50 cal gun would be pretty elaborate, though not much more than the Tony Start mech arm base.

rambo2.jpg

I'd want to see it come with a clean t-shirt and headsculpt so you could have this look.

111507_rambo.jpg

And then a BD headsculpt and shirt for his battle look, and I'd really like an alternate costume to have his going home look to mirror the M65 figure from First Blood.

As for not buying Rambo unless it's from IV, I'd get a Rambo 2 or new First Blood if they did it just because they look pretty out of place with M65 and Rambo 3, though with today's quality M65 and Rambo 3 would probably look a bit out of place with a newere figure, but I think less than the current contrast.

What more is needed from Wolverine? Battle damage? He's already got several looks with the regular release--wife beater, jacket, long-sleeved shirt, no shirt, claws, no claws.

Something that looks like Hugh Jackman.

Iron Man WILL BE DX 3. MARK MY WORDS. question is, will it be a PROPERLY proportioned/painted MK 3, OR MK 4 or 5?

I hope it's the new one from Iron Man 2, but I can see them doing one DX 1 from the first film and after Iron Man 2 comes out a DX from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back