HOT TOYS "Dog Alien" ALIEN3 FIGURE!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
then if there's doubt about the new develop or rubber covered body as a mate here have suggested how you explain the over 18 articulation statement? where they go all these 18 points ? in the upper body area...i don't think so...

umm the lack of any picture in the gallery of the runner on all fours worry me...
anyway i'm really excited, also the estimated release date is in the 3rd Q , that means before end of september, very good! i'm really ecxited

now i hope in the " giger fuller lips " the mouth area of the proto really don't like me...i wish HT include or made in future an 1/6 dog burster, that would be really cool

p.s. anyone have noticed the shortness of the tail? it is waaaaayy more long...

hey guys i'm out of the loop here, what is this henz? shoot me a pm asap.
PM sent
umm the lack of any picture in the gallery of the runner on all fours worry me...
anyway i'm really excited, also the estimated release date is in the 3rd Q , that means before end of september, very good! i'm really ecxited

now i hope in the " giger fuller lips " the mouth area of the proto really don't like me...i wish HT include or made in future an 1/6 dog burster, that would be really cool

p.s. anyone have noticed the shortness of the tail? it is waaaaayy more long...
I hear ya bro. I wish it was longer too.

The Sideshow gallery doesn't impress. Some of the pictures are identical except more zoomed in. They don't even show the head turned or tilted in any photo. Its impossible to be sure about the articulation or see if the figure will look more like the film alien when its in different poses.

I agree that HT's aliens are not the biggest sellers and I do believe that the lack of accuracy is a (maybe) small factor contributing to it.
I think Alien fans are pretty fickle. Accuracy to the movies wouldn't hurt sales, but lack thereof does, IMHO. I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure there's a whole lot of other fans out there who are not buying these things because they're not really offering anything new to an alien collector.
I am the biggest alien fan there is (ok, so maybe not) and I have more preds than aliens in my HT collection. If the Aliens warrior had been accurate, I'm pretty sure I would've bought both versions. If the Predalien had been accurate, I'm sure I would've bought it. If the dragon was accurate, I'm sure I'd already have pre-ordered it.
I think HT are screwing up with the aliens. I think they are dropping the ball big time because for whatever reason they're not willing to make these figures as accurate as they certainly could be.
Whatever.

Also, that rubber crap totally puts me off. I dont care if it looks better, it flakes off, and will probably rot over time.

I have the Hot Toys Aliens warrior and am pretty underwhelmed by it. Like others have said the rubber suit crap is no good, and else where the feet arms and legs are made out of the cheapest plastic hot toys could find. If you touch the feet, the plastic has a soft and cheap feel to it, people who own this figure will know what I mean. You can just tell this type of plastic is gonna shrivel and discolour over time. Its a $130 dollar toy, but it feels like a much cheaper one than that.

Hot toys keeps upping the prices on these things, though they aren't upping the quality of their sculpts, or the materials used to make these figures. Until they do, I will take my money elsewhere. It seems like other people are of the same mind also.

Back