HOT TOYS "Dog Alien" ALIEN3 FIGURE!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the people making these figures have kind of a tough call to make. If you aim for prop accuracy, you're going to have people saying "But it doesn't look like that in the film" and if you make it more like what the overall impression of the creature was, with all the lighting and all, you'll have people saying it's not accurate.

It says movie master piece on the box. id rather they made it movie accurate than prop acc. :D

Sure, they could have made it look like that top left picture.

But my point is, at no point did it look like that in the film. I agree that the details like the rib-cage etc are off, but the overall impression that the Hot Toys figure gives, is the same impression you get from the Aliens on screen.

I think the people making these figures have kind of a tough call to make. If you aim for prop accuracy, you're going to have people saying "But it doesn't look like that in the film" and if you make it more like what the overall impression of the creature was, with all the lighting and all, you'll have people saying it's not accurate.

Your kind of wrong, In alien 3 there are two different versions of the alien seen in the film, the rod puppet, and the guy in the suit. Maybe hot toys should make two different versions of the dog alien, it should be no problem for them since they love milking us so.

Kinda like my love for the McF Alien. It looks like an Alien, rather then a guy in a suit.

I'd like a Mcf styled Alien also, though from the pics from SDCC, it looks like we're getting another Hot Toys non canon fantasy alien. :rolleyes:

SS is getting all my $$$ this year...:monkey2
but I hope this guy is able to be posed on all fours though.
I'm talking about the alien that is...:lol
I can hear Zoo...run! :rolleyes:

I had to paqss on this one. I'm not to keen on how it looks. Just... I donno, not fealing it.. of well. I'll get an Alien Eventualy, I swear :lol

This is a pass for me as well...something just not quite right...torso too short, legs too long, I don't know. Legs give it an alien version of Mr. Tumnus from Narnia. Details are nice though.

I am curious about the limits of its articulation because it is hidden really well with this figure. Maybe a preview of how it will be done with the original ALIEN creature.

Pass.
I'll wait and see if it turns out better than what there's actually to be seen.
And 150 is way too much for what looks like a statue.

Back