Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Not thinking about NYC, but the fact that Season 2 is about 4 weeks away. I don't think there will be anything special for NYC from Hot Toys.

Why not ? That was HT's strategy last year, why not have the same plan this year ? Especially considering it's so close to the release date of the show.

As we know HT are all about hype. OK I'll admit there is not a lot of publicised hype at the moment, but perhaps Disney will step it up in parallel with all merch manufacturers who are a part of virtual NYCC. Then push hard the last couple of weeks to get people signing up to Disney+ on the short term.

No doubt Disney's marketing budget has also been cut considering revenues are tight for the mouse at the moment.

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Totally agreed!

Yep, I agree as well. It's a decent top 3 list from the Captain. :)

HT will definitely need to lead with figures from last season as the trailer didn't really show many new characters.

Another way of looking at it is to compare to S1 releases and their equivalent S2 type figure.

(Non headsculpt main character) - OG Mando = Armourer
(Easy cash grab character from OT) - Jawa+Gonk = Tusken
(Trooper/Army build character) Remnant Trooper = Deathwatch Mando
(Complicated figure with new tooling) - IG-11 = Cara Dune

That's I guess how the first phase could turn out. Then second phase would probably be

Gideon, Fett and Ahsoka I assume, maybe with another trooper of some sort.

It'll be interesting to see if they re-use the CW Ahsoka sculpt or not.

I still think Cara will be hard to get from HT at the moment. Head sculpt and new body is harder to develop than IG11. I will happily order Armorer, Tusken and Deathwatch :)

I can't see any character that didn't appear in the trailer being released before the show starts. Unless there's a second trailer released that leaves us with:

1) Din Djarin. Not enough changes to his Beskar outfit to justify a third figure so soon. We'll get a version at some stage this season, but not until the first Beskar figure has released.

2) Cara Dune. Possible, but, as Hoody points out, not the easiest option for Hot Toys to take as a first figure. However, it's still one of the most likely when you see what other options are available.

3) Greef Carga. Would be a very cool release, however I doubt they'd make him before Cara. I feel he'll be one of those ''also-ran'' cool characters, much like Baze, that we always wish for and never get.

4) Tusken Raider. Quite possible, especially with no new trooper variants being shown in the trailer. The Tusken is as close to an army-builder as we got and also plays on that OT nostalgia.

5) The Armorer. This is the way. As Hoody and I were discussing yesterday this one may appear like the dark horse but it's a bit of a no-brainer for Hot Toys to make. The toy companies seem to be realising just how cool she is and that she's a bit of a fan favourite. It's very telling that both Hasbro and Figuarts have put a version out this week.

6) Moff Gideon. Didn't appear in the trailer but we already know what he looks like (or do we?). I have a real feeling he'll have accessories and costume changes (e.g. a helmet) that we haven't seen so far. Unless he appears in more promo material I think they'll hold off until after his first episode of season 2 airs.

I think it'll be interesting to see how accurate we were or weren't. Although trying to prognose what Hot Toys does is kind of impossible.

I think we may see one or two off that list, in addition to Fett. But I have a feeling that upcoming HT offerings re this series are going to focus on NEW characters.

I would not bet one dollar that we WONT see another Ahsoka before we see Cara Dune OR the Armorer. We'll have a CW Ahsoka and a Mando series Ahsoka, with no Cara in sight. Sounds legit!

Or not

I think it'll be interesting to see how accurate we were or weren't. Although trying to prognose what Hot Toys does is kind of impossible.

They're probably pissed off there were no new or potential re-release troopers in the trailer. For this reason alone I hope this is the only trailer we get.

All I hope is they take advantage of Mando Mondays by releasing a figure after each episode has aired. Imagine the excitement of waiting for that figure announcement each week. They could make it into a real occasion if they wanted. There's no reason they couldn't do this as I'd say 8 figures are minimum we'll get for this season, more likely 10.

Oh, and R.I.P. Kuill, if only that evil mastermind John Favreau hadn't killed him off. Did the Black Series make him btw? He seems to be the character getting overlooked by the toy lines.

They're probably pissed off there were no new or potential re-release troopers in the trailer. For this reason alone I hope this is the only trailer we get.

They'll almost certainly re-package and re-release a clean stormtrooper after Gideon's troops.

If we're going by the trailer, maybe we'll get a Quarren....but I highly doubt it. Too niche.

Yeah, they only need a couple of seconds and a trooper will be made. I'm looking at you Patrol Trooper. But he was really cool. So that's OK.

Im betting we will see some new trooper type this season. Favreau knows how to merchandise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much Star Wars goodness today with Mando S2 figures still to come !!

I'm so interested how Fett will look. Surely they'll go for a Mythos type look ? Damn I hope he looks cool.

Modernize or venomize?

So much Star Wars goodness today with Mando S2 figures still to come !!

I'm so interested how Fett will look. Surely they'll go for a Mythos type look ? Damn I hope he looks cool.

Definitely looking forward to more Mando stuff. But I dunno, the new preorders are not particularly exciting. The more I look at that Maul the less enthused I am for a figure of that particular look. And the Shock Trooper is cool enough for PT fans I suppose but it's just another Clone Trooper. Would have rather seen Bespin Han or a Wampa. Or even CW Kenobi or an ARC Trooper.

Definitely looking forward to more Mando stuff. But I dunno, the new preorders are not particularly exciting. The more I look at that Maul the less enthused I am for a figure of that particular look. And the Shock Trooper is cool enough for PT fans I suppose but it's just another Clone Trooper. Would have rather seen Bespin Han or a Wampa. Or even CW Kenobi or an ARC Trooper.

I guess that can be seen as positive. It's an easy pass for the CW stuff for you. The worst is when you really want something and can't afford it or are on the fence. I'm much the same though. I'll be getting a few main Prequel characters, and a couple of clones (Like Cody + Rex + some grunts here and there if they look cool). But that's about it.

I would love to see HT reveal 3x Non-TCW figs at once, just one time. Just want to see how that feels......sad OT fan :(

Back