Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Fett in Mandalorian Season 2 - New figure Coming?

If Mando were *chasing* a huge bounty, that'd be one thing. Fett does occasionally team with people.

But in this case Mando HAS the hard merchandise. The most logical thing I can think of is that someone, maybe Gideon but maybe someone even more highly placed than him is gonna say "I want that kid dead or alive, 5 million credits dead and ten million!! alive," Fett's gonna make sure the First Order has his bank routing number straight - and it'll be ON. He is the *perfect* antagonist in this situation.

While I think Stan might well make a good Luke, I think I'd like to see anything else BUT Skywalkers for quite some time to come. It strikes me that they are already trying to pack way way WAY too many people into these 30 minute episodes.

I'll bow to anyone who has a lot more knowledge about Jango/Boba since I didn't READ. Tho lately tripped over some excellent stuff on Quora commenting on the rise and fragmentation of Mandalorian society - e.g. about the need to keep the helmet on within this series (one theory being that Din D'jarin was raised by the more radical Death Watch) and the debate as to whether the Fetts are true Mandalorians, or not (leaning to not re canon...)...

But, figured it's possible during season 2 that Gideon might find a way to snatch the kid, seeing the Child seems to have great value to him. Also GianCarlo talking about his character re not knowing, really, is this guy good? Bad? It'd be hard to be constantly on guard for this child if u are just one person. Which IMO would lead Din D'jarin to get him back, no matter how or who he had to deal with.

But I wouldn't mind Fett and D'jarin getting into it. :cool:

"I think I'd like to see anything else BUT Skywalkers for quite some time to come."

:lol:lol:lol

Well, I'm on a "older but powerful desert dweller" kick right now - e.g., should I PO Qui-Gon, or not? If I PO Qui-Gon, then I NEED an Obi-Wan. Which one? I like the SSC effect, but want the Clone Wars sculpt....which led to thinking of Sebastian Stan as Luke, out in wastes, starting his school, or something. E.g, at the very end of Mandalorian...

And it had better be several seasons away, just to afford$$$$:horror. Hafta choose wisely.:panic:

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

So, going on semi-confirmed leaks and rumours the second season line-up is looking something like this:
Sandtrooper (rumoured)

If we eventually end up getting a Sandtrooper Sergeant and it's of the Rogue One/Mandalorian Remnant variety and not the one from ANH I will go ape $#!?

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

I like this guy. Knowledgeable and to the point. Only 6 minutes of your time. But interesting theories about Boba, Bo Katan etc.

Interesting that Ahsoka etc are only planned for one episode. Which is fine for me, it was starting to feel a bit crowded there with all these announcements.

This was good. Thanks for posting. Except I probably finally need to PO the Boba Mythos fig now d@mmit.:lol

Personally want the focus kept on the Mandalorian cast (new) vs. turning into a Clone Wars/Rebels sequel. A big draw for me is Mando (guy-doing-his-job-who-has-a-code-but-dumps-it-for-wrinkly-creature-he-doesn't-understand). And the Mandalorian characters (Cara, Grief, Moff, etc.)

And I like Ahsoka fine but not an uber-fan. More excited about Bo-Katan and more Mandalorians. Winding up the show on Mandalore IMO would be excellent - always interested in what set designers can come up with. IMO Clone Wars and Rebels have some staggering imagination.

Meanwhile, if the SHOW is keeping to schedule hope HT can keep to schedule re Mando fig v1:pray:

I like this guy. Knowledgeable and to the point. Only 6 minutes of your time. But interesting theories about Boba, Bo Katan etc.

Interesting that Ahsoka etc are only planned for one episode. Which is fine for me, it was starting to feel a bit crowded there with all these announcements.

He's no Mike Zeroh!

Seriously though he says in 6 minutes what most take an hour to say. Probably the best go to Youtube guy for breaking news reaction. Star Wars Theory is always quite good. Harloff used to be the best Star Wars guy on Youtube, but since leaving Collider and starting up his own Youtube channel he's become unwatchable. Your Grace lady is always quite good. Bat**** crazy and has the voice of a cat being inserted into a woodchipper, but she's clued up.

If we eventually end up getting a Sandtrooper Sergeant and it's of the Rogue One/Mandalorian Remnant variety and not the one from ANH I will go ape $#!?

You'd probably best be prepared to go ape**** then :rotfl

The myth that ESB wasn't liked originally to justify TLJ becoming a classic in the future [emoji1787].
Yes I remember well all those AT AT Walkers, Snowspeeders, bounty hunters, Hoth Rebel soldiers,Tauntauns etc peg warming in 1980/81.

Also all the SS PT Jedi figures seemed to sell well in 2005-07.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'll bow to anyone who has a lot more knowledge about Jango/Boba since I didn't READ. Tho lately tripped over some excellent stuff on Quora commenting on the rise and fragmentation of Mandalorian society - e.g. about the need to keep the helmet on within this series (one theory being that Din D'jarin was raised by the more radical Death Watch) and the debate as to whether the Fetts are true Mandalorians, or not (leaning to not re canon...)?

Jango: DEFINITELY A MANDALORIAN. Definitely. In no way shape or form is Jango not Mandalorian. BTW Jango hated the Death Watch like fire, absolutely hated Tor Vizla with a passion. He hated Death Watch almost as much as he hated Jedi.

Boba: Iffy. He's not all that attached to the Mandalorian culture. He finds the durasteel armor expedient, nothing more. He does not even wear bits of Jango's armor, as is customary. He disdains the clones, until he becomes much much older [and ends up needing them, long story]. He was not raised on Mandalor, or any of the worlds in that system. In fact IIRC he was exiled from Concord Dawn for killing a Journeyman Protector who was training him...? Correct me if I am wrong someone. So if Boba is Mandalorian, its by dint of relationship [Jango] AND the fact that he eventually ends up as the Mandalore.

But, figured it's possible during season 2 that Gideon might find a way to snatch the kid, seeing the Child seems to have great value to him. Also GianCarlo talking about his character re not knowing, really, is this guy good? Bad? It'd be hard to be constantly on guard for this child if u are just one person. Which IMO would lead Din D'jarin to get him back, no matter how or who he had to deal with.

But I wouldn't mind Fett and D'jarin getting into it. :cool:

I am uncertain Djaren could afford Fett, even if he wished to hire him. Fett does not get out of bed for less that 50,000 credits a day :)

Well, I'm on a "older but powerful desert dweller" kick right now - e.g., should I PO Qui-Gon, or not? If I PO Qui-Gon, then I NEED an Obi-Wan. Which one? I like the SSC effect, but want the Clone Wars sculpt....which led to thinking of Sebastian Stan as Luke, out in wastes, starting his school, or something. E.g, at the very end of Mandalorian...

And it had better be several seasons away, just to afford$$$$:horror. Hafta choose wisely.:panic:

This is just me. Season 2 of this show here is going to bring an onslaught of HT figures as a result. I find it useful to try to focus on one thing, so I'm not going crazy preordering this and that as I save up for my current POs and wait for HOT TOYS JANGO, WHERE THE HELL IS JANGO HT??!!!! I will PO Jango were he to show up, but right now I'm trying NOT to go crazy. Your mileage may vary :)

This was good. Thanks for posting. Except I probably finally need to PO the Boba Mythos fig now d@mmit.:lol

Mythos Boba is awesome and if you order anyone not from the Mandalorian show, it should be this guy. I in fact hope the show's version of Fett looks a lot like him. He has great shelf presence and is *actually* all that.

Meanwhile, if the SHOW is keeping to schedule hope HT can keep to schedule re Mando fig v1:pray:

Not even one dollar would I bet, that HT Mando v1.0 will be on time.

WOW! :horror

He's no Mike Zeroh!

Seriously though he says in 6 minutes what most take an hour to say. Probably the best go to Youtube guy for breaking news reaction. Star Wars Theory is always quite good. Harloff used to be the best Star Wars guy on Youtube, but since leaving Collider and starting up his own Youtube channel he's become unwatchable. Your Grace lady is always quite good. Bat**** crazy and has the voice of a cat being inserted into a woodchipper, but she's clued up.

Yeah you're right about Grace with the voice and the rest...but she is good for Marvel, DC and movies in general, that's her specialty. But she can be a bit hit and miss with Star Wars. She only does the videos because it's hot at the moment. But I guess sometimes she has contacts in the industry which is good inside info.

She has no idea about Clone Wars that's for sure.

Jango: DEFINITELY A MANDALORIAN. Definitely. In no way shape or form is Jango not Mandalorian.

Sorry but this is not true. The Clones Wars confirmed he was not Mandalorian based on advice directly from George Lucas that he was not Mandalorian.

Evidence

This is canon (as per The Clone Wars). Case closed.

Sorry but this is not true. The Clones Wars confirmed he was not Mandalorian based on advice directly from George Lucas that he was not Mandalorian.

Evidence

This is canon (as per The Clone Wars). Case closed.

He was a mandalorian (or mandalorian foundling in the newly coined term) in all EU materials (approved by Lucas) before Disney takeover and in Clone Wars the prime Minister just states that he had no idea how he would have acquired that armor. He also claims all the warriors were exiled. Clearly false as he was working with Death Watch. Nothing presented in any of it concretely explains that Jango Fett was not Mandalorian.
Jango fett was a journeyman protector who hailed from Concord Dawn. Same planet held by the mandalorian protectors in Rebels.
Tor Viszla led the Death watch during that time. Later on Clone Wars depicts their new leader Pre Viszla. Go even further and you got Paz Viszla (heavy mando) hiding underground.

Seems to me they left an awful lot of room for these stories to exist. Far from case closed.

He was a mandalorian (or mandalorian foundling in the newly coined term) in all EU materials (approved by Lucas) before Disney takeover and in Clone Wars the prime Minister just states that he had no idea how he would have acquired that armor. He also claims all the warriors were exiled. Clearly false as he was working with Death Watch. Nothing presented in any of it concretely explains that Jango Fett was not Mandalorian.
Jango fett was a journeyman protector who hailed from Concord Dawn. Same planet held by the mandalorian protectors in Rebels.
Tor Viszla led the Death watch during that time. Later on Clone Wars depicts their new leader Pre Viszla. Go even further and you got Paz Viszla (heavy mando) hiding underground.

Seems to me they left an awful lot of room for these stories to exist. Far from case closed.

Same as how Jango Fett recruited by Count Dooku and eventually became a template for the clone army...too many things untold.

It's pretty black and white.

Same as how Jango Fett recruited by Count Dooku and eventually became a template for the clone army...too many things untold.
This game explained the recruitment.
4a694bbf3a01bd48c7c1f15f08b360ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

If Lucas didn’t want jango to be a mando. Why let them make him a mando?
Lucas didn’t care. That’s why? He ignored all the eu stuff but took the dollars
It’s the one thing I really don’t like about Lucas. He isn’t the best writer but he came up with a fantastic film series and knew that licensing was pure good before it even was but never cared enough to ensure no one did something he knew he didn’t want.

Last edited:

Did you listen to the clip? FIloni says straight up "Jango is not a mando" any other stuff you hear doesn't really matter. Could it change again? SUre. But as of now. jango is not a mando EU isn't cannon.

Funko's upcoming Mandalorian line-up. The last 2 are the interesting ones.

Funko.jpg

Back