Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba F

She -did- have a point. I dont know why Lucas portrays women like this, he did it in one of the Raiders of the Lost Ark sequels, too. I wanted to say "is every woman you know IRL a total b**** to you?! Wow!" and then I would feel sorry for him.

I would have said Temple of Doom instead of Raiders. She was abandoned by Indy in an underage relationship, that?s gotta be traumatic and the rest of the movie she is being kidnapped.

Oops you said sequels not Raiders my mistake lol.

Re: Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba F

Love him or hate him, I still want a HT 3PO. Now that we are getting Lando, C3PO is the last one to be made. Don't get why HT is not releasing, it should be easy money with same design and multiple variations.

I mean it is alright to not like a character. I?m sure a lot of ppl do not like Luke, Han or Leia or any character (except I am pretty sure everyone loves Vader and Fett wink wink).

Threepio is not one of my top SW characters. But I think he adds A LOT to those OT films. He is a major part of the levity/humour which I love so much. His banter with R2, how he is so pompous...he reminds me of a very snooty butler. And I love his back and forth with Han in ESB...who I am pretty sure very much shares your sentiment of hate for 3P0.

Other thing too is I think the film often puts 3P0 in his place a lot. Knowing he is sort of unlikeable in that he is seems so superior.

And even past his character, I do love the design. All gold (which again probably adds to his high since of self importance), the servos and droid eyes. He just looks so cool and iconic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup pretty much agree. 3PO could certainly be annoying at times, but I've always been fine with that and thought the dynamic between him and R2 worked so perfectly that he couldn't be any other way. And I love that Lucas gave his droid characters such unique and distinctive personalities.

Plus I just love the design and the cool way he moves. Daniel's performance and comic timing in the OT still impresses me every time I watch.

I thought 3PO was great in the first film, a bit annoying in ESB and ok in RotJ.

For me, he and R2 are must-haves in any Star Wars figure collection. I have the SS version, which I think looks great (except for those thumbs...) and was thinking about getting a second one but decided to wait for the (hopefully) inevitable HT version.

I think he does get more annoying, the more times you watch the films, though... :wink1:

I love 3PO, but anyway, I remember digging through old Hot Toys articles on Toyark for some reason last year. When they launched the line they apparently said basically that the Sideshow versions of the droids were good enough and that's why they never bothered with them in the beginning. Not sure on the hold up for 3PO now, I suspect it would be a deluxe version or something to differentiate it with the Sideshow and Tamashii 3POs out now. A lot have hoped for one you could put on the back of Chewie in ESB for instance.

3PO is annoying but he's meant to be annoying is how I've always seen it. One of my favourite things about watching Clone Wars so far is his continued back and forth with R2. A droid being so pompous is still hilarious to me. 😂

TANK TROOPER Incoming!!!!!

Insane. Crazy news! Hope for baze and cassian...

Totally ! Go and like Baze posts in the FB comments to show HT that's what we want.

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys

Tank trooper weathering looks great

143894664_10157791581642344_773215708592857371_o.jpg
143766133_10157791581692344_179842292582525981_o.jpg

What’s more likely is that they had a proto ready back in the day. With the recent Mandalorian announcement of Transport Trooper they had committed to all the pieces.
Until they committed to the Transport Trooper helmet, they were missing a piece. The Tank Commander(Which I laugh at the name of every time I hear it, lol), uses the boots from the patrol trooper, a pair of cloth trousers, ab armour from a ST, modified chest and back plate from a patrol trooper and arm armour from a ST.
The helmet was the final piece. And as we know that HT did a deal last year with Disney pretty much permanently for Marvel and SW releases, they are free to make whatever they want.
I do have my fingers crossed for Baze Malbus, Cassian and a re-release of Jyn Erso.

If they are going the helmeted figure route for now, Armorer, Range Trooper and Mimban Trooper are all on the table!

C-3PO? No headsculpt. This is the time.

If they are going the helmeted figure route for now, Armorer, Range Trooper and Mimban Trooper are all on the table!

Yes I really can't understand why they haven't gone for the Armourer. She has such a distinctive look and NO headsculpt.

Surely she'll turn up in S3 when Mando factions go head to head (I'm guessing)

I'll just drop this here.....pretty funny !!

Yes I really can't understand why they haven't gone for the Armourer. She has such a distinctive look and NO headsculpt.

Surely she'll turn up in S3 when Mando factions go head to head (I'm guessing)

She would be my early guess for one of the Toy Fair exclusive spots this summer.

Back