Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

HT might be spending resources to develop figures for the few upcoming Marvel TV shows. I wonder if that's what it will be next week.

I'm sure there will be a bit of Marvel "interference". But can't really see more than 2 per show. That could look something like Wanda + Vision, Falcon + Winter Soldier, Loki, Hawkeye, Miss Marvel. Plus they may chose to wait on some shows for a S2 figure release. So max 7, realistic maybe 5 ??

Depends on popularity I guess.

I'm really hoping on a couple of figures from Zach Snyders Justice League which comes out in March this year. Black Suit Superman is a no brainer and low effort for HT. Maybe Cyborg. Maybe a Knightmare Batman re-release as there are more Knightmare scenes. As the film is 80% different footage than that which was re-shot for the crappy Josstice League, it's going to be so different and not hard to be better than what we got !!

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Four by the end of 2019: OG Mando, IG-11, Heavy Mando, and the Remnant Stormtrooper. So, that would add up with what we have so far for season 2: 1:4 Mando, Tusken Raider, Moff Gideon, and Transport Trooper.

The next season 1 releases were (all 2020):

5) Incinerator Stormtrooper - January 20th
6) Death Trooper - March 4th
7) Beskar Mandalorian - March 18th
8) 1/1 Child - March 27th
9) Biker Scout - April 23rd
10) DW Mandalorian - October 8th

So yeah, they have all year for releases, no need for anyone to panic. They should at least match the first season haul of 10 figures, which would give us a minimum of 6 figures to come from this season. There's also no Clone Wars this year to compete with The Mandalorian releases. I'm not sure there'll be as many Bad Batch figures released as CW season 7.

It's looking increasingly likely there'll be a delay with Mando season 3, so that gives Hot Toys even more time to spread out releases.

I'd take this as a very positive sign that they're taking their time with releases, as it might mean they're working on some of the headsculpt characters.

Also, the delay could give them an opportunity to re-visit some of the great season 1 characters they overlooked like the Armorer and Kuill.

Nice analysis !! Still hard to believe we could get SIX more Mando figures this year, but I'll take em for sure !!

Depending on how the studios deal with their postponed movie releases and if/when theaters actually reopen, mando figures might get a fiercer competition in the coming months.

I?m itching for Mandalorian Bo Katan and Boba Fett. Where is it Hot Toys?
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Shiny Mandrow man is a typical hunk, but he saved that little green baby boy. Cara Drangus is also a hunk, but she is a lady." - Dr. Steve Brule

They should cease working on hundredth versions of same figure and give us Pfeiffer Catwoman.

WHAT? Before getting my Sith Anakin with tears in his eyes version?
Madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice analysis !! Still hard to believe we could get SIX more Mando figures this year, but I'll take em for sure !!

Unfortunately, the mando line is a cash in trooper repaint and helmeted figure line. Not many head sculpts to be found. If we get 12 figures this year, at least 6 will be mando related. Probably more. We usually get one Star Wars preorder per month, sometimes more, sometimes none at all. The breakdown may be
6 mando
2 ot
2 pt
2 reissued figures like the esb boba and Vader
Maybe others?
Hopefully I?m off and we get more ot and pt figures.
If we get bespin han and an ot C3po, I will be happy.

Unfortunately, the mando line is a cash in trooper repaint and helmeted figure line. Not many head sculpts to be found. If we get 12 figures this year, at least 6 will be mando related. Probably more. We usually get one Star Wars preorder per month, sometimes more, sometimes none at all. The breakdown may be
6 mando
2 ot
2 pt
Maybe others?

Just looking back at the new figures which were up for pre-order in 2020. HT had 20 new headsculpts sculpts from a total of approx 54 new figures released across all franchises.

7 of those headsculpts were for Star Wars. (of 23 new Star Wars releases total).

So looking at those figures, roughly 1/3 of figures have a headsculpt.

Getting back to Captain Trips numbers of say 10 Mando figures for S2. We could therefore expect 3 to have headsculpts. Moff Gideon is one (although he was in the 2020 total). So we theoretically have roughly 2-3 Mando S2 figures with headsculpts to go.

So take your pick guys !

Sure these numbers are pretty rough, but should give a bit of an indication I think.

6 mando
2 ot
2 pt
Maybe others?

You also have to take into account they may not yet have finished with the Clone Wars line, and the Bad Batch might produce a couple of figures if it's a big hit. 12 is maybe a bit of the low side of the estimate, we got 20+ Star Wars figure last year. 15 seems more likely.

Okay, just for a bit of fun I'll use your breakdown to make a 2021 wishlist:

6 x Mando
= Armorer, Cobb Vanth, Boba Fett, Ahsoka, Dark Trooper, Bo Katan
2 x OT = ESB Han, C-3PO
2 x PT = Padme, General Grievous
2 reissued figures = Bespin Luke, DS Gunner
3 x Clone Wars/Bad Batch = Mace Windu, Commander Wolffe, Commander Fox

Just looking back at the new figures which were up for pre-order in 2020. HT had 20 new headsculpts sculpts from a total of approx 54 new figures released across all franchises.

7 of those headsculpts were for Star Wars. (of 23 new Star Wars releases total).

So looking at those figures, roughly 1/3 of figures have a headsculpt.

Getting back to Captain Trips numbers of say 10 Mando figures for S2. We could therefore expect 3 to have headsculpts. Moff Gideon is one (although he was in the 2020 total). So we theoretically have roughly 2-3 Mando S2 figures with headsculpts to go.

So take your pick guys !

Sure these numbers are pretty rough, but should give a bit of an indication I think.

Nice info! I have to think HT are probably hard at work on a Mando Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker to capitalize on that finale episode that everyone loves.

It's possible we could soon be surprised by some other characters that they had already been previously working on too. The uncertainty in this hobby combined with the snail's pace it moves is pretty annoying:lol

2 Mandalorian figures with head sculpt: Dinn & Boba. If there's a 3rd, I'm going to guess Ahsoka.

Nice info! I have to think HT are probably hard at work on a Mando Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker to capitalize on that finale episode that everyone loves.

It's possible we could soon be surprised by some other characters that they had already been previously working on too. The uncertainty in this hobby combined with the snail's pace it moves is pretty annoying:lol

I agree 100%. Mando boba, Luke, and tano are probably the highest priority for hot toys right now.

My prediction for SS2's figures

Troopers : Shore, normal Storm (E-web) + captain (orange pauldron), Mortar, Dark

Protagonists: Monk Boba (black outfit + HS), rusty armor version Boba, newly repainted version Boba, Ahsoka, Bo Katan, Beskar Mando with Pedro HS + spear + dark saber, black Jedi outfit Luke.

something from above list potentially emerges as 2021 Toys Fair Exclusive (I would say Boba).

Very good list! I was wondering if they might do Rusty Boba for Mando S2 and keep FreshlyPainted Boba tm for his own series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very good list! I was wondering if they might do Rusty Boba for Mando S2 and keep FreshlyPainted Boba tm for his own series.

Yes that's always the dilemma. Which characters will they keep for a spin off series release (thus giving themselves more time).

Personally I think they'll keep Din's sculpt for S3 as I'm sure he'll discard his sect upbringing. That'll be a pretty big moment which HT can capitalise on then.

I would love a Monk Boba as well. He's also easy for HT to make. And also as the head has lots of "wear and tear" the sculpt should look amazing. (as we know HT always manages to nail old people with lots of wrinkles and features in the face).

My prediction for SS2's figures

Troopers : Shore, normal Storm (E-web) + captain (orange pauldron), Mortar, Dark

Protagonists: Monk Boba (black outfit + HS), rusty armor version Boba, newly repainted version Boba, Ahsoka, Bo Katan, Beskar Mando with Pedro HS + spear + dark saber, black Jedi outfit Luke.

something from above list potentially emerges as 2021 Toys Fair Exclusive (I would say Boba).

Cara Dune should be added to that list. She must have been involved in more storyline than most of those other characters.

If they do give us a Mando Luke I hope the base includes a destroyed dark Trooper.

To maximize profit, they should do monk Boba and/or armoured Boba for Mando. Refreshed Boba will be for his own show along with Fennic. Samurai/Ninja Ahsoka for Mando. Dinn with headsculpt. To fit that schedule, they need to release Boba ASAP so they can grab more of our cash by Christmas 2021 for new Boba. lol

Yes that's always the dilemma. Which characters will they keep for a spin off series release (thus giving themselves more time).

Personally I think they'll keep Din's sculpt for S3 as I'm sure he'll discard his sect upbringing. That'll be a pretty big moment which HT can capitalise on then.

I would love a Monk Boba as well. He's also easy for HT to make. And also as the head has lots of "wear and tear" the sculpt should look amazing. (as we know HT always manages to nail old people with lots of wrinkles and features in the face).

Well, I think it was Pascal - or Favreau - something in an interview (a while ago) about the helmet is never gonna be gone...I can't find the source now. E.g. we may or may not see more of Pascal's face but no worries for helmet lovers.

That said, unless HT can get it together - and they have, in the past of course - getting a Pascal or Boba sculpt could be one of those "stays in the box" things.:(:slap

IMO Cara is needed ASAP. She's a main show character. If I get Beskar, IG, and Cara I could live with no-one else, if I had to. Since they never did Kuiil:pfft:

Well, I think it was Pascal - or Favreau - something in an interview (a while ago) about the helmet is never gonna be gone...I can't find the source now. E.g. we may or may not see more of Pascal's face but no worries for helmet lovers.

That said, unless HT can get it together - and they have, in the past of course - getting a Pascal or Boba sculpt could be one of those "stays in the box" things.:(:slap

IMO Cara is needed ASAP. She's a main show character. If I get Beskar, IG, and Cara I could live with no-one else, if I had to. Since they never did Kuiil:pfft:

Obviously they aren't going to spoil things such as him becoming more comfortable without the helmet on in an interview. The helmet is never gonna be gone permanently, it's part of his armour, but he me take it off more when he's not in combat.

To maximize profit, they should do monk Boba and/or armoured Boba for Mando. Refreshed Boba will be for his own show along with Fennic. Samurai/Ninja Ahsoka for Mando. Dinn with headsculpt. To fit that schedule, they need to release Boba ASAP so they can grab more of our cash by Christmas 2021 for new Boba. lol

Yep I like your logic. Monk Boba is also pretty quick costume wise. Just steal most of the stuff from the Tusken Raider.

I really would like to know if Hot Toys have moved to the 21st century and sculpt like almost every other sculpter with 3D modelling software.

If yes, then making modifications to an existing Clone trooper sculpt to get old man Boba would be pretty easy and quick.

If no and they are really starting from scratch every time then that's pretty behind the times imo.

Yup, I know they take pride in sculpting everything by hand, but at this point many of their sculpts are really starting to pale in comparison to the 3D modeled ones. The only thing that sets them apart is the ultra realistic detail, but I'd still rather have a stronger underlying likeness. Especially when it comes to someone like Moff Gideon.

Back