Hot Toys - DeLorean - Mod ideas & Resources

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More modifications. This time the center console.

dash_2.jpg

Maybe a stupid question, but does somebody know what AC adapter I need to use on the Delorean?
I'm based in the Netherlands.

The only description is 4.5v, but no amperage, so I suppose any "small" 4.5v power supply would work. I'm going to purchase one in Aliex****, so as soon as I can test it, I'll let you know.
By the way, to those who have dissassembly the delorean. Is it possible to deattach the metal bumpers from the plastic tabs without damaging them and then reassembly it again? I'm planning to use a 2mm wide EL Glow cable so I can make the "time travel lights" on the metal bumpers, but I need to make some dremmeling on thos plastic tabs so the cable can pass through them. Are those plastic tabs glued? Thanks a lot!

Modding the flux dispersal bands with EL Wire. Had to VERY carefully sand the plastic tabs so the EL wire can pass through them.
I've to finish the front dispersal band yet, but I think they look nicer now with the lights in my test placement on the car. Wires will go underneath the car and won't be visible at all.
IMG_20171202_212819_HHT.jpg
IMG_20171202_195220_HHT.jpg
IMG_20171203_133613_HHT.jpg

Would anyone here know of a place where I could get a replacement front flux band? Movers broke mine.

Great work, tuvieja!

Would anyone here know of a place where I could get a replacement front flux band? Movers broke mine.

Do you have a picture of your broken one?

-------------------

Maybe interesting for people with hopes that Hot Toys will release a Part II DeLorean.

On the pictures you can see the holes where light should come through. The round ones are just black painted (!) caps which are easy to remove. The rectangular ones are a little bit harder to remove.

licht1.jpg
licht2.jpg

But if you do so and put a led behind them it looks like this:

licht3.jpg
licht4.jpg

So, i dont know what HT will do but i am sure they planned to release two cars!

I also got the prototype parts for my custom plutonium gauges. Out of aluminium.

teile1.jpg

If they look good in the end i will do the same with the time circuits and SID.

Great work, tuvieja!

-------------------

Maybe interesting for people with hopes that Hot Toys will release a Part II DeLorean.

On the pictures you can see the holes where light should come through. The round ones are just black painted (!) caps which are easy to remove. The rectangular ones are a little bit harder to remove.

View attachment 382153
View attachment 382154

But if you do so and put a led behind them it looks like this:

View attachment 382156
View attachment 382157

So, i dont know what HT will do but i am sure they planned to release two cars!

I also got the prototype parts for my custom plutonium gauges. Out of aluminium.

View attachment 382158

If they look good in the end i will do the same with the time circuits and SID.
I've been wondering how your 1/6 build is coming along.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Nice that you interested in the project!
Its so time consuming. Specially if you never did something similar before.

An early version....
rad1.jpg

.... of that:
2196_00004A.jpg

Back.to.the.Future.Part.II.(1989).1080p.BluRay.DTS.X265.HEVC.mkv_snapshot_01.23.35_[2017.12.12_1.jpg

Back.to.the.Future.Part.II.(1989).1080p.BluRay.DTS.X265.HEVC.mkv_snapshot_00.33.01_[2017.12.12_1.jpg

Sure thing. Here you go.

The bumper was originally a lot worse off when I unboxed it from the moving box. I managed to repair it as best I could, but there was only so much I could do. Its still bent pretty bad, and the flux generator still wont sit flush as the clip that holds it to the bumper is broken beyond repair.

As you can see, the bumper was also cracked wide open. I managed to glue that back together, but there is still a noticeable crack, as well as a couple chips that are long gone.

20171214_172050.jpg

20171214_172101.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know if its the right way but if i were you i would cut out the damaged part and buy something like this. Bend and paint it, put the mesh on it and glue it in place.

But it seems you have more problems with the car than just the flux band.

Nah, the flux band is really the problem. Not just the mesh, but really the black clips holding it in place.

I just need a new flux band honestly.

Nah, the flux band is really the problem. Not just the mesh, but really the black clips holding it in place.

I just need a new flux band honestly.

I guess you have to repair it.

---------------------------

Worked a little bit on this thing:

rad4.jpg

Really nice work so far! I might attempt to convert mine at some point as well... but only in a couple years after I'm completely and 100% certain that HT won't be releasing a hover version themselves. :D

Back