Hot Toys - DeLorean - Mod ideas & Resources

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys. Do you think this cable would work if we put them behind the "metal bumpers" to make the time travel bright effect possible?
I just found it, and want to know your opinion. I think the "transparent blue" color would be perfect for the effect. Thanks!!!

https://tinyurl.com/z2no6vv

I'm not clicking that link, but this is similar to what I've used: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lychee-N...163331?hash=item2a779952c3:g:RbEAAOSw5cNYWZEn

2.3mm dia is standard. I've got white because that's what the real cars had. I've seen it done in neon blue - which is what's seen in promo pics etc.

You'll need to drill holes in the plastic bumper brackets.

Hi again. I edited the url so it's not shortened with Tinyurl to make the post clearer (but it was the "good" url, trust me).
The glowing cables I found on that link look flat, and not rounded like yours, so they may work better if glued behind the flux dispersal steel bands. Also, I think the glowing cable can go from the front band to the rear one if the cable goes behind the weel hole, and under the car until it reaches de rear band. We can cover the glowing cable with black tape so the glow can't be seen under the car. Just an idea...

Hi again. I edited the url so it's not shortened with Tinyurl to make the post clearer (but it was the "good" url, trust me).
The glowing cables I found on that link look flat, and not rounded like yours, so they may work better if glued behind the flux dispersal steel bands. Also, I think the glowing cable can go from the front band to the rear one if the cable goes behind the weel hole, and under the car until it reaches de rear band. We can cover the glowing cable with black tape so the glow can't be seen under the car. Just an idea...

The flat stuff is the same as the 2.3mm wire - it just has flat plastic fixed to it. The only part that glows properly is the round wire itself.

The normal round wire is not far off the diameter of the cars scaled up. But, if you want top try and create a wider glow, then that could be interesting to see. Post some pictures if you do it. I'm not sure how you'll fix it because like I said - the plastic brackets on the back need drilling out.

As far as hiding the cables and wire etc - I'm drilling a hole through the bodywork and wiring it inside the car before I put it back together.

I'm a long way behind on my car because life has gotten in the way recently. But, I will get back to it as soon as I can. My DeLorean is in many, many parts :lol

Hi again.
Trying to get all the mod items I may need for what I want to change on the Hot Toys model.
I want to apply the goodyear decals on the tires. I found someone on ebay that are selling them, but the "Goodyear" decal is way bigger than it should be. The font is about double the size that it should be (the Eagle GT font is ok).
I attached a photo here so you can see the size difference.
Also, there is a little change that I would do to this decals: The letter spacing should be a little bit bigger. The letters are not so close one to each other. They have a little more space between them. It's a tiny change, but I think it's kind of noticeable.

GoodyearComparison_.jpg

Someone on this forum said that "bad mother tattoos" were selling the decals also, and after comparing the size with a screenshot of the movie and some photoshop, I can see that those decals are much more accurate, but I can't find them anymore.

Do you know if someone else is making decals with the correct size? (similar to "bad mother tattoos" as it was said here) Thanks a lot!!!

PS:I know the rear tires are bigger than the front tires, but the Goodyear logo is the same size in both tires. You can see it in the movie, when Doc gets Einstein into the car and Marty is filming. There is a shot from the side of the Delorean that shows both tires at the same time, and the "goodyear" font size is them same on both tires. It's not thicker on the bigger tire. They're the same size.

Hunterdnrc made them. Send him a DM and see if he'll tweak the sizes. I bought a set from him, but have not applied them yet. I didn't realise they were that far off the right size.

I was almost finished with the carpet work and then I ran into a problem. I found cracks in the paint of the center console. I never painted something similar before and the space in the car is very limited. I did mistakes for sure! So painting it again with the carpet inside was not an option.

I decided to take out the center console. I wish i did that before i started. Its pretty easy. One screw at the front, one under the gear shift and the third one is in the back of the car. You can see the screw if you remove the golden box but i dont have anything to cut it deep inside the car. I pulled the center console (do it slowly but you will need some force) till i heared the plastic cracking. Theres not much risk of visible damage. Now its so much easier to paint it and do the carpet work on it again.

@Anx10us Remember the three posts we cut back then to get the dashboard out? I think the method above is much better because you can pull out the center console and dashboard as one part out of the car. I will do that with my second car and i will try to take the back apart.

Forgive my ****** english. I promise it will not be better in the future.

tep_1.jpg

tep_2.jpg

I will try and look at mine in the next couple of days and see what I can get to too. I'd like the console out as well.

Good work, BPBN :duff

Regarding the current size of the decals, I basically did the best I could. I actually don't have a Delorean myself so I cooperated with two people to find what worked for them, and I stuck with that. Plus, there aren't really that many references I could find, and pair that with the fact that the front and back tires are different sizes and we have a mess. Can't please everyone, but if you saw some decals that looked right and some that looked too big, odds are that they both came from me from the same set.

Also, if you look at the Ebay listing or contact me on here, you also see that I include enough decals for 8 tires, containing two different sizes. The one you posted is the larger of the two.

Regardless, I need an opinion from you guys. For the people that already bought decals from me, I am now in possession of a brand new printer. This one allows me to print in white ink, so the white letters do not need the black outline. If I offered a steep discount for people who already bought my old ones, would anyone be interested in new/improved ones.

As for people who did not buy them, these newer ones would be slightly more expensive than the older sets. But before I buckle down on these, I would need some opinions to see if people would even buy new ones.

Last edited:
I'd probably buy the new ones, but have to admit that it would really depend on price/how steep the discount. Like I said above - I bought a set from you but haven't looked at them yet. I would definitely prefer decals without a black background though because that's how I thought they were printed until I saw other people's pictures.

Either colour really makes a big difference to the interior and really complement the extra wires I added. This is what the mats look like out of the car. I was gonna make them like FANs mats but they dont need to go all the way under the dash and would have been difficult to get right. FAN did a great job with his shape wise but I feel it didnt need that little extra. It took me roughly an hour to get the template right anyway and im more than happy with how it turned out.
View attachment 283992

Hi @sirdoctor . Today, I recieved the fabric you recommend us for the carpets inside the car, and I want to ask you if you can upload a template with the correct dimensions, or if you can make a drawing with the measurements info to make the cutting as precise as possible. Thanks a lot!!!!

To @Hunterdnrc , thanks for taking the time to make new decals. I'll wait to see some people here with them applied, and I may purchase a set if I like them. Also, this is the reference photo I talked about to see that, even if the rear tipe is bigger, the letters of goodyear and eaglegt are the same size on both front and rear tires.
BttfTires.jpg

Thanks a lot!!!!

Wow! Some great stuff in here. Will have to come back when I have time and read through it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To @Hunterdnrc , thanks for taking the time to make new decals. I'll wait to see some people here with them applied, and I may purchase a set if I like them. Also, this is the reference photo I talked about to see that, even if the rear tipe is bigger, the letters of goodyear and eaglegt are the same size on both front and rear tires.

Hunter provides several different sizes in each pack to choose from. My replacement set arrived the other day.

Hi folks. Can anyone help me?
The lights on my delorean aren't working. The car is in a glass case and I have fitted new batteries but nothing. Any ideas?

Back