Hot Toys Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very excited for this figure, underrated as it may be. Good ol' jawbone feels like the unsung background Imperial hero of Star Wars.

He was there on the Death Star, commencing primary ignition (wait did we just blow up a city with a bunch of people in it?)

He was there on Eadu, trying to defend the installation from starfighters when a blind guy with a crossbow shot a TIE out of the sky making it crash into him because why did I take this job.

He was there on the Death Star, commencing primary ignition again (wait did we just blow up an Imperial instllation along with our own troops?)

He was there on the Death Star, commencing primary ignition once more (wait did we just blow up a planet with a **** ton of people on it?)

He was there on the Death Star, standing on a platform next to the tunnel for a giant death laser without any sort of shielding and not even ******ing railings because there's no Imperial OSHA. What the hell guys.

He was there on the Death Star, manning the turbolaser cannons trying to shoot down starfighters with anti capital ship weapons while a creepy asthmatic guy in a mask with an itchy force choking trigger finger stomped around.

He was there on the Death Star - so close to destroying the planet with the main Rebel headquarters on it - when a farm boy from Tatooine blew away all his dreams and aspirations.

He was there on the Death Star II, doing the same ******ing thing.

He was there in the Death Star II hangar when the Emperor arrived, probably s***ting his jumpsuit.

He was there on the Death Star II, commencing primary ignition redux (wait did we just blow up a Rebel capital ship? Because okay that was kind of fun this time.)

He was there on the Death Star II when a bunch of half pint bears and some people with hero armor took down the shield protecting him so that starfighters could blow him up again.

He was there, unseen on every Star Destroyer and base manning the guns, getting blown up, smashed up, or rammed into.

So I'm glad Hot Toys made a figure in honor of you, the Imperial Gunner, who has been through so much without all the merchandising glory of Stormtroopers. We salute you.

He was there on the Death Star, standing on a platform next to the tunnel for a giant death laser without any sort of shielding and not even ******ing railings because there's no Imperial OSHA. What the hell guys.

That would be his brother in arm the Death Star trooper here but still get where you're going here ^^

That would be his brother in arm the Death Star trooper here but still get where you're going here ^^

I believe it's one gunner and one trooper in the tunnel of love in ANH and RotJ. Just double checked. A little hard to tell but the one in the foreground looks like an enclosed helmet and you can sort of make out an antenna.

You can tell it's definitely one gunner and one trooper in Rogue One though, from the firing sequence at Scarif. :duff

I'm very excited for this figure, underrated as it may be. Good ol' jawbone feels like the unsung background Imperial hero of Star Wars.

He was there on the Death Star, commencing primary ignition (wait did we just blow up a city with a bunch of people in it?)

He was there on Eadu, trying to defend the installation from starfighters when a blind guy with a crossbow shot a TIE out of the sky making it crash into him because why did I take this job.

He was there on the Death Star, commencing primary ignition again (wait did we just blow up an Imperial instllation along with our own troops?)

He was there on the Death Star, commencing primary ignition once more (wait did we just blow up a planet with a **** ton of people on it?)

He was there on the Death Star, manning the turbolaser cannons trying to shoot down starfighters with anti capital ship weapons while a creepy asthmatic guy in a mask with an itchy force choking trigger finger stomped around.

He was there on the Death Star - so close to destroying the planet with the main Rebel headquarters on it - when a farm boy from Tatooine blew away all his dreams and aspirations.

He was there in the Death Star II hangar when the Emperor arrived, probably s***ting his jumpsuit.

He was there on the Death Star II, commencing primary ignition redux (wait did we just blow up a Rebel capital ship? Because okay that was kind of fun this time.)

He was there on the Death Star II when a bunch of half pint bears and some people with hero armor took down the shield protecting him so that starfighters could blow him up again.

He was there, unseen on every Star Destroyer and base manning the guns, getting blown up, smashed up, or rammed into.

So I'm glad Hot Toys made a figure in honor of you, the Imperial Gunner, who has been through so much without all the merchandising glory of Stormtroopers. We salute you.

I was going to order this figure but can't figure out where he appears in any of the movie star. Can someone help me!?

I was going to order this figure but can't figure out where he appears in any of the movie star. Can someone help me!?

tumblr_mfzg3e7YSR1rr8wbto1_500.gif

:lol I know you're kidding but I had to.

Love this.:rotfl

I've now almost pulled the trigger on this guy twice.:slap

hahahaha epic. I have one... I am probably going to need 2 now after that post.
As much as I kind of want to with some of the Trooper type characters I pretty much limit myself to one per for the most part. I just have a hard time buying two of the same figure at the price of sixth scale figures. The exceptions would be regular Troopers (and even with that I only bought a single but would like more) and I'll get two Royal Guards. I do consider variants though like I'm considering the Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander despite having a regular Snowtrooper (I know they're different but still fairly close looks wise) and if Hot Toys does different Sandtroopers I'd buy more.

As much as I kind of want to with some of the Trooper type characters I pretty much limit myself to one per for the most part. I just have a hard time buying two of the same figure at the price of sixth scale figures. The exceptions would be regular Troopers (and even with that I only bought a single but would like more) and I'll get two Royal Guards. I do consider variants though like I'm considering the Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander despite having a regular Snowtrooper (I know they're different but still fairly close looks wise) and if Hot Toys does different Sandtroopers I'd buy more.

Yeah I have 4 stormies, 2 snowies, 2 scouts, 2 ties, 2 at-at drivers, 2 orange sandies (will get the others).... but the reason is I do shelves of three. So two stormies with Vader (the other 2 elsewhere eventually with someone else) 2 snowies with snow commander (or can alternate with vader) 2 scouts with speeder bike (exception) 2 at-at drivers with hopefully eventually Veers, the sandies will accompany the others when they come, and the 2 ties were either going to stand behind a single death star gunner or imperial navy trooper... but now I'm thinking 2 gunners would be a nice shelf as well, eventually we will get more imperial officers and run out of troopers. So Tarkin can stand in front of two navy troopers, 2 ties behind another officer, 2 death star gunners behind another officer etc. And when the Emp comes obviously he'll be behind two royal guards. But yeah this is for sure, we will run out of imperial troops and I only collect OT so this is the bread and butter right here.

It's all about the imperials baby!

For those waiting to get theirs...

FCgkAbI.jpg

UCGu6R8.jpg

HMUgib5.jpg

lNvJ6NR.jpg

BShs0LF.jpg

MI7OaMC.jpg

OTr6EOX.jpg

abmvQLu.jpg

Not as well lit as I would have liked, but I don't have the equipment to adequately light such a dark figure without really bad reflection.

I haven't tried actually. If these make it to a sale I might get another and take the jacket off that one.

Back