Hot Toys/DC Direct Info Just Got It From The Source

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! BR Joker is going to be great!!!

I wouldn´t be surprised if the figure comes with two different headsculpts. One with the mask and one without. I just think it would look better that way.

Awesome! BR Joker is going to be great!!!

I wouldn´t be surprised if the figure comes with two different headsculpts. One with the mask and one without. I just think it would look better that way.

I doubt that will happen. HT can just make a mask...

This must mean HT will be making goons as well.

Yeah you could be right. I just don´t want Joker to have a thin looking head because his hair is contricted by the mask the way it appears in the film, because when the mask comes off his hair is free flowing.

Yeah you could be right. I just don´t want Joker to have a thin looking head because his hair is contricted by the mask the way it appears in the film, because when the mask comes off his hair is free flowing.

They can make a rubber or soft vinyl mask, that would be best IMO but they will prolly make a hard plastic mask...

To do so prolly means a new Joker sculpt, or a modded Joker hair sculpt.

Not necessarily. Joker is Joker. He will sell well in any oufit they choose and I think the Bank Robbery is just an outfit most of us have known about since December (or longer). His Goons would be cool, but again, $150+ background guys don't tend to be logical big sellers.

They can make a rubber or soft vinyl mask, that would be best IMO but they will prolly make a hard plastic mask...

To do so prolly means a new Joker sculpt, or a modded Joker hair sculpt.

Remember Cannibal Jack Sparrow? They didn't just cheap out and reuse a sculpt. They included TWO new sculpts AND the figure was cheaper than the first released one. So I expect at least TWO Joker sculpts, even if one of those is a permanant mask head. I'm sure some will want to replace the V1 head on the first figure like many did with Jack.

Not necessarily. Joker is Joker. He will sell well in any oufit they choose and I think the Bank Robbery is just an outfit most of us have known about since December (or longer). His Goons would be cool, but again, $150+ background guys don't tend to be logical big sellers.

Goons will sell. Their masks are iconic imagery in the Film and will make a great display with BR Joker. Collectors will want them for sure.

Most collectors will want a removeable mask as well, so I see a new or modded Joker sculpt w/ removeable mask.

Goons will sell. Their masks are iconic imagery in the Film and will make a great display with BR Joker. Collectors will want them for sure.

Freaks like us will buy them, but I just don't see them selling very many of them. Couple hundred at most.

Freaks like us will buy them, but I just don't see them selling very many of them. Couple hundred at most.

Couple hundred? You must be Joking. :lol

TDK will be the second biggest grossing Movie in film History with a HUUUUGE worldwide hard core fan base.

I hope they do...

Couple hundred? You must be Joking. :lol

TDK will be the second biggest grossing Movie in film History with a HUUUUGE worldwide hard core fan base.

I hope they do...

900 is still a couple hundred :lol

Aside from the main Goon ("Grumpy") at the Bank, I don't see many of the others selling that well. I know there are the select few like us that will buy them all, but I just honestly don't see them selling that well. Heck, mine and Josh's have only gotten a few takers, yet EVERY Joker custom sculpt has masses of people in line for one.

I hope I'm wrong though. I'd love to see at least all of the Bank Goons made. The three lobby ones at a minimum (and one of those is already confirmed ;) ).

The Dark Knight hasn't quite reached Star Wars background character obsession yet.

I think they'll do a Couple Goons. Nice 3 Fig BR display...

We'll see. They need to get on Dent first.

I think they'll do a Couple Goons. Nice 3 Fig BR display...

We'll see. They need to get on Dent first.

I agree. Harvey/Two-Face before any Goon. We need all/most of the main characters before we get the Goons.

A crispy Rachel would be a cool accessory for Harvey :rotfl

ok just found out that the Bank Robber Joker is not an exclusive but it will be released in Asia/Japan at the same time as the U.S. release so DC Direct CANNOT show pictures until Hot Toys releases the pictures to everyone!! I think for this one we will only offer the DC Direct version as it will save you guys all some $$$$ I would like to know thoughts on that though...

ok just found out that the Bank Robber Joker is not an exclusive but it will be released in Asia/Japan at the same time as the U.S. release so DC Direct CANNOT show pictures until Hot Toys releases the pictures to everyone!! I think for this one we will only offer the DC Direct version as it will save you guys all some $$$$ I would like to know thoughts on that though...

Whatever is the cheapest. Batman is bankrupting me this year.

Joe, I'll take BR Joker any way I can get him. That means slap me down for one as well! Man, HT is really tryin to break me. :lol

As long as it isn't any different, then sure. The cheaper the better. But if the Asia version has an additonal accessory or something different (other than packaging) then I'd want the Asia version. I just don't want to miss out on anything. I can live without different packaging (if there is any).

Back