Hot Toys Darth Vader : tips , tricks and any other mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That stitch always bothered me as well. I looked at the R1 Vader cape, and it looks like there's the same stitch on that cape too.

Good to know the darker stitch blends better with the cape. I'll have to keep an eye out for the R1 cape now too.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING....

well I bought some R1 vader parts off of ebay. I picked up his belt the boots and set of the hands. might think about the cape and tunic. how much nicer does the R1 tunic look compared to the ANH tunic any major changes

Would anyone that is upgrading their Vader have a pair of the ANH boots they aren't planning to use ? I accidentally scuffed one of the boots quite badly with coarse sandpaper and it is beyond any type of rescue :( .

IMG_1843.JPG-1.jpg
well I bought some R1 vader parts off of ebay. I picked up his belt the boots and set of the hands. might think about the cape and tunic. how much nicer does the R1 tunic look compared to the ANH tunic any major changes

I think the R1 cape is nicer on the ANH Vader than his stock cape. It is heavier and has a nicer drape then the original. I swapped my ANH ONE out for the R1 and am happy with it. I also kept the original tunic just modified it with the solder wire that Jazz did. They blend well together color wise I think...

Last edited:
I think the R1 cape is nicer on the ANH Vader than his stock cape. It is heavier and has a nicer drape then the original. I swapped my ANH ONE out for the R1 and am happy with it. I also kept the original tunic just modified it with the solder wire that Jazz did. They blend well together color wise I think...

:hi5:Me too. Looks good.

Post pics you!

If anyone is looking for the base nude body from the R1 figure I'm not going to be using mine. Might be a nice upgrade for someone's figure ?

Does anybody have an extra ANH or R1 chest armor they'd be willing to part with? It's the one thing on my HT ANH that really bugs me, but I'm not man enough to attempt a mod without a clean replacement. I'd also be interested in a full head if anybody's got one lying around! :rotfl

If anyone is looking for the base nude body from the R1 figure I'm not going to be using mine. Might be a nice upgrade for someone's figure ?

is he tall?? i thought there was some issue with the r1 version not being tall enough. i might want it for another custom...

Does anybody have an extra ANH or R1 chest armor they'd be willing to part with? It's the one thing on my HT ANH that really bugs me, but I'm not man enough to attempt a mod without a clean replacement. I'd also be interested in a full head if anybody's got one lying around! :rotfl

I have an extra Rogue One and ANH chest box lying around. I have an extra ANH shoulder armor and inner tunic too....just in case lol 🤗

Was wondering, when you guys moved the saber hook, did you move the little buttons on the belt as well? I took those off a spare belt I had and they left holes.

is he tall?? i thought there was some issue with the r1 version not being tall enough. i might want it for another custom...

I think it's a smidgin taller than ANH (not sure where the rest of the height comes from on the RO figure). Longer, skinnier legs.

ba8bc8d7c1899399a6f9850d39222221.jpg

Back