Hot Toys Darth Vader : tips , tricks and any other mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The heel on the R1 boots appears to be higher than the ANH boots. This may be the reason behind the slight difference in height.

Has anyone measured the height of the RO Vader with its feet together? Interested that it does appear to be a bit taller than the ANH.

So I have changed up the suit I'm using for my customized ANH Vader.

I'm using the pants, and "vest" from the Hot Toys R1 Vader, and the "under shirt" (sleeves) from the Sideshow 2.0 RotJ, Vader.

I thinK this combo is the best one yet.

8e74a6a353d522c4edf35ca1e955a9df.jpg
9d57338e90bc981ce471db22ed4dc568.jpg
e33868362c18ab4bbd6c886aa1737a07.jpg
c866b00fadd04162b27444abeeaedef7.jpg
cee614aad7beee3cd7cdba30268efa06.jpg
e0f082fbf7d3e9792256b7ad40ef485f.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING....

I'v accumulated a bunch of Vader stuff since I've been working on my ANH Vader.

I've come up with an idea for many of the close but not entirely accurate parts like the Hot Toys, ANH shoulder/chest armor and Rogue One, shin armor.

like a crazy person, I've come up with my own story ideas for the SW Prequels, my buddy dubbed it the "KU" as in "Kris Universe." LOL

Here's my take on what I think Anakin/Vader 1.0 looks like. I always though it would have been interesting if Leia got her eye and hair color from her dad, and that their mother was the one with the blue eyes and blonde hair that Luke inherited.

12f8928ab2f6443638edce61466141b0.jpg
a529ae32a7ccca1e4eb9316e60b260ed.jpg
478a64cf2c58e32ccaf1735947d692dc.jpg
ff29c5e3d9e7929c06ecfe992d1497b7.jpg

Last edited:
Great job, Continuum. Is that the Man of Steel body you are using? I like the idea of your own slightly different Star Wars Universe. I always thought Anakin should have looked like Qui-Gon. I honestly thought Anakin should have looked like Qui-Gon, at least the height would have made sense and he wouldn't have looked like a pale baby when they took his helmet off. I have pieced together about 3 Vaders that are based on my preferences. Since there are so many Vader figures out there now thanks to SSC and Hot Toys getting parts is becoming easier and easier. I am in the middle of trying to put together a Vader figure with Qui-Gon's head and the armor more in the vain of a knight. I always got that impression from the McQuarrie Vader; he isn't a cyborg but more like a super space version of the Black Knight.

WTC, why are you mixing up the suits? Because you couldn't get all the parts to complete a suit, or because you like the look? The SSC ROTJ and HT suits have a somewhat different look (HT is a touch more shiny and puffy.) I guess they are black so difference not as noticeable in-hand vs pics.

WTC, why are you mixing up the suits? Because you couldn't get all the parts to complete a suit, or because you like the look? The SSC ROTJ and HT suits have a somewhat different look (HT is a touch more shiny and puffy.) I guess they are black so difference not as noticeable in-hand vs pics.

I chose the combo that I did because I'm not using a stock Vader body. The Roadblock body I'm using has dimensions that put too much stress on the Rogue One undershirt/sleeves.

I see what you are saying about the sheen differences. In hand the difference is negligible to my eyes. Plus in real life, parts of the suit are likely to be more worn than others.

Ah, the Roadblock body would be perfect. I had tried the Dennis Rodman body from Storm Collectibles for the height and definition but it isn't as poseable as the Rock body.

Looks great, Paul.

I really wish HT would stop with the stitching along the lines of the cape and tunic. There's got to be a simple way without it -- I've seen it done with 1/6th suits.

That actually looks great - hope it's not TOO different. Is that pretty much all HT ANH?

It was all stock ANH Vader. I worked on this when it was first released. The parts on my new improved Vader include a mix of ANH, R1. Sideshow and some custom pieces made by myself. Still looking for a suitable pair of boots as I ruined my HT ANH pair. ( still angry at myself for that ...)

It was all stock ANH Vader. I worked on this when it was first released. The parts on my new improved Vader include a mix of ANH, R1. Sideshow and some custom pieces made by myself. Still looking for a suitable pair of boots as I ruined my HT ANH pair. ( still angry at myself for that ...)

I'm massing the Vader parts bin to end all Vader parts bins - see what I can come up with (hoping to get three Vaders out of it,) hopefully it'll look as nice as yours.

Sorry to hear about the boots - how did you ruin them? Glue? It's always the thing that scares me when customizing - the parts are often so rare or expensive.

You can't just grab some DID officer pleather boots to replace them?

Back