Hot Toys Dark Knight Re release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bangooface

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, pretty new to this forum and to this hobby. Just wondering since Hot toys re released bat pod, would there be any chance that they might re release dark knight rises 1/6 figure? It seems like Hot Toys re releases many things? I really love the Dx02 dark knight, but I missed my chance and didn't want to spend too much on it. Thanks

Hey welcome to the forum! You might have wanted to post this in the DC section. Imo we will definitely see a re-release for the TDKR film. Question is, will it be improved or just a straight rehash. We'll see I guess. Me, I love my TDK Bats.

I'm holding out in hope they do a DX TDKR Batman but any Batman from TDKR would be good, really want one for my collection but eBay prices are pathetic.

They won't re-release ANY of the figures. They might do updated versions like the 2.0 Joker, but they won't release the exact same figures they've already done. The vehicles have been the one and ONLY thing they've flat out re-released.

And yes, please visit more of the site before posting a thread ;)

They won't re-release ANY of the figures. They might do updated versions like the 2.0 Joker, but they won't release the exact same figures they've already done. The vehicles have been the one and ONLY thing they've flat out re-released.
I guess you aren't counting the Mark VI Avengers figures, or the Mark IV that comes with the Gantry. Nothing new about those figures, even if they aren't straight re-releases.

Having said that, I don't think any of the Batman figures will be re-releases, as most are dated in some way and required some pretty major updates to meet current expectations. One exception might be BR Joker, which I don't see any major issues with, but is probably too niche to deserve a re-release.

I guess you aren't counting the Mark VI Avengers figures, or the Mark IV that comes with the Gantry. Nothing new about those figures, even if they aren't straight re-releases.

Having said that, I don't think any of the Batman figures will be re-releases, as most are dated in some way and required some pretty major updates to meet current expectations. One exception might be BR Joker, which I don't see any major issues with, but is probably too niche to deserve a re-release.

They did a straight re-release of the Tumbler and Batpod. So, it wouldn't be unprecedented for a HT TDKR release to borrow heavily (or exactly) from a TDK release.

SnakeDoc

Well borrowing heavily is one thing that we could potentially see (having seen it with last year's Toy Fair Batman--maybe reusing molds for boots or gauntlets or something), but re-releasing figures with nothing new to the table is another. HT generally updates figures when they re-release them, and considering this line will be big-time for HT, I think they will give it lots of attention and new figures.

I think the vehicles made more sense as a straight re-release considering that there wasn't a lot of criticism by collectors over issues that needed to be updated. The Iron Man figures fall into that same category, though some (self included) think that head sculpt has its flaws. Both DX's from this line have their issues, as does their other Batman and Joker (excluding the BR version). Two Face also has issues, but the original figure went on clearance here in the states in some places, so I don't see him getting an updated re-release.

I hope they make his neck thicker, the TDK figure always seemed off to me - thin neck made the head look gigantic. In the promotional material for the actual movie it looks like they've added a little more thickness to the neck which makes it look better (I could be seeing things, too).

Someone more obsessed with the nuances of these designs would have to chime in, but from my understanding neither HT Bats did the suit and dimensions as well as they could have. I was happy with the DX, apart from the leaky abs and lack of articulation. But certainly, the long/thinnish neck could use some improvement as well. And as always, HT gives us crappy capes, though there are alternative custom routes for that problem.

Both have different paint jobs on the armor, so techincally they are indeed different and not just straight rereleases. A straight rerelease would come with the same paint scheme, box, accessories, etc. These are using the same molds but are new figures because of the paint scheme. If they were going to do that kind of thing, they'd have done it already. HT knows what their figures go for on ebay once sold out :lol

Paint work differences seem extremely minor based on what I can tell. They are different figures, but only very slightly, so I think of them as more equivalent to a "running change" with some mix-matched accessories than anything else.

But I think the OP was referring to getting the figures that are more or less the same, not necessarily getting the same exact figures painted exactly the same in exactly the same packaging, etc. And HT's done that now. Couple that with the vehicles, and I really don't think anything is off the table for them. The only reason I don't think TDKR will get modified rehashes of older figures is because the older figures were flawed. Of course, that's usually the case with HT, which is why figures get major redesigns pretty frequently.

I'm struggling with hanging onto my DX02 or selling it and getting the TDKR version. I'm just afraid the new version won't be a DX, as I find the PERS necessary on this figure. With ebay prices what they are I could make a little money over what I paid and have some left over to buy most of another figure but I don't want to end up with something I like less . . . first world problems :D

IMG_7030-1.jpg

:monkey2

Back