1/6 [Hot Toys] Daredevil: The Punisher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DY7KxSq.jpg

I wish I knew if this was close to going to waitlist. I have $70 in rewards but want to wait til the end of next week to see if I can get any Spook codes.

I'm so tempted to not put the coat on him. Such a bad ass toy with the guns and Jon Bernthal doing his Jon Bernthaling.

So pissed right now UPS lost my Punisher and Freddy that were shipped from Sideshow! Hope Sideshow can make it right when I get a hold of them tomorrow.

There's a guy named steel shields on youtube who posted a short video of the ht punisher with a black military sweater which looked amazing, been trying to get ahold of one with no luck so i think i too am gonna get me the black long sleeve shirt to put under the vest.

Already filed that the package was lost with UPS, According to them the shipper will usually replaces the package and UPS reimburses them, So from that sounds like I get to find out how quickly Sideshow will replace it. I think a lot of this kind of thing could be avoided if they sent the stuff in a plain shipping box not with what's inside plastered on the side.

Lol, wtf!!!
My postal service has a new fee: High value surcharge $6.00
They bet the govt in taxing imports.

He's an okay figure. Not the home run I considered Deadshot to be. But then I didn't have great expectations for Hot Toys' Frank.

Vest and sculpt are really good. The skull is the thing that defines this character, from the moment I became aware of him from this comic:

latest

And the sculpt defines the current live action iteration of the character. So HT scores highly with the two essentials.

The rifle is very well made, with a slick folding action that closes neatly over the charging handle. The revolver's nice too, well detailed and painted.

Miniguns don't really do it for me, but I might have him holding it. There's quite a bit of detail in this one, but the weathering is so subtle that it's barely there.

The combat knife and soft scabbard with magnetic fastener look pretty good, but does it attach to the figure anywhere? The only place I can see is under the straps of his vest at the back. But it would spoil the lines of those straps. The only time HT shows it is in the final overview photo.

The damaged Daredevil helmet is the kind of extra I like to see, even though it can't be worn by Daredevil.

I don't like the two part boots - the joint ruins the sculpt so I have to futz them to look like they were made in a single piece.

I took one look at the coat and put it back in its bag. It looks like the typical cheap pleather overcoat that you would find with countless third party figures. Apart from Toys Works' Mad Skull, which used a nicely scaled material and wired front that allows the lapels to be folded neatly back. As opposed to Hot Toys' thick, plasticky fixed down lapels.

i attached the knife on his left side to one of the straps on his vest

any pics of him in the long sleeve tee and vest yet? also not feeling yet another trench coat pun in collect.

Back