1/6 [Hot Toys] Daredevil: The Punisher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is true, but I think some characters look better with neutral expression, whereas the Punshier is not one of those characters that you can give them that expression and get away with it, in the Show (DD) you see him either angry or frustrated, so it doesn't make much sense.

I'm generally not one to mess with my figures, but looking at this guy over the last couple of days, I couldn't help it. Ordered the black long sleeve from Monkey Depot and ended up ordering the Flagset Remington 870 shotgun as well. Should both be huge improvements, for me at least.

Well, I got my long sleeve shirt in from monkey depot and like someone already said putting on the straps to his vest was a pain. Here's a few shots.

22852881_10210273521022842_1985600212568216899_n.jpg

22791819_10210273521142845_3694502985599811440_o.jpg

22791626_10210273521182846_26200626267966472_o.jpg

What brand is that shirt?

I bought a loose vest for my custom Bernthal Punisher, I've yet to put it on... hopefully the straps don't give me much trouble.

For those that are working w the loose vest… it really is a pain, but tweezers are going to be your best friend for this. Also, just completely un -strap just one side.
9eaed8415cf4fedcb1b30044baada83b.jpg

The pic was just for a comparison with the Toys Works vest when I finally got the HT vest together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the long sleeve look, ptapang! Fantastic action shots!

Nice collection, stingermck! I really like your use of vintage comics.

Got mine, and I love it! Definitely intimidating in look, and is as accurate as can be! The Minigun feels a little flimsy, but it looks great and is easy to have some of the hands hold. Overall another great addition to the collection!

I’m happy to own this punisher, one of my all time favorite characters from what I thought was a solid portrayal from an appropriately casted yet somewhat suprising as a choice jon berenthal. This figure, which is nothing more than a solid B effort from hot toys, has many issues though.

I will say Vimals head beats it by a large margin in likeness but the hot toys obviously wins in paint, overall quality and color, which is less tanned than Vimals so there will be a difference when you pop it on. My recommendation, get the short haired clean vimal sculpt for variety and to match his look from the new series which I’m excited about for on Nov 17th.

I like the portrait from hot toys, but vimal nailed his features better. I found by accentuating his brow and the lines in his forehead and the upper lip, with brown paint, the likeness popped a lot.

But accuracy nitpick, his blood was on his left cheek not his right. So this sculpt is not accurate and it bothers the hell out of me.

The outfit is good except the coat. What’s going on here? It’s thick and awkward and too small. It’s something that feels like it’s from 2007. I hate it to be honest. Popping his collar, which is what you are supposed to do because he did it in the show, helps it be less bulky around his neck.

The wolverine body they used makes sense, I like the build and I’m not one to complain about articulation but it annoys me he can’t bend his elbows more for some essential poses. I shaved down his lats a lot so his arms can go flatter to his sides.

Question... where is his knife holster supposed to loop onto?

Lastly I too replaced the shirt with a long sleeved one from the parts bin. I love it. In fact am I crazy but was he never even shown in daredevil wearing a t shirt? Didn’t he always have his trench coat on? Where did they get the t shirt idea from anyways?

Back