Hot Toys Clone Wars Figures coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think HT will pass up on another Maul, they already have the headsculpt and the legs, they just need a new outfit.

I think the next figure in the line, unless it’s a generic 501st/Ahsoka Clone trooper, will be very telling on how this line will move forward.

I’d love to see armored Obi-wan and Anakin and Plo Koon, but I think Maul is very likely to happen sooner rather than later as he is another figure with a determinable likeness. We’ve already gotten 2 Mauls from HT so he seems to be popular with them. I think Solo Maul is going to be a sleeper hit in time for clone wars Maul to sweep in.

I've been wondering the same thing about Solo Maul - almost preordered, but really would rather have a CW Maul from the last season.

I'm sure many of you know Obi-Wan in his Clone Armor was done some years ago by Sideshow. Paint and sculpting are not up to today's best of the best standard but it is a great figure and looks awesome on display with the rest of the clones (Wolffe, Bly, Gree, Cody, Rex etc.). I even picked up a plain white clone helmet (shiny) for him to hold/ wear. He's currently in storage but below is an image (credit: Michael Crawford.) Also, link to his excellent (always) review.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102008a.htm

View attachment 487107

They actually made it canon again but it is a one off in the Darth Vader Tales From Vaders Castle. But I agree, CW 2008 series armour is a must. I once tried a custom but was terrible and ultimately a waste of money.

Remember when we all thought there was going to be a wave of new Clone Troopers announced? Fives, Jesse, Echo, etc. It's been over a month and no one besides Rex. Wondering if Hot Toys is only going to make Rex and Cody - I thought for sure with this slow time there'd be a bunch of new Clones coming out since they're easily made.

I was hoping for announcements of further clones, re-issues of Anakin, Obi, Mace etc seeing as they have already been made and to capitalise on the season 7 finale, a Maul as they have the legs from the Solo release and the only figure they'd really need to 'work' on would be an Ahsoka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember when we all thought there was going to be a wave of new Clone Troopers announced? Fives, Jesse, Echo, etc. It's been over a month and no one besides Rex. Wondering if Hot Toys is only going to make Rex and Cody - I thought for sure with this slow time there'd be a bunch of new Clones coming out since they're easily made.

They made it sound like Clone Wars is a new line for them, Rex is the only figure they?ve shown. I?m sure there?ll be more in a few years.

July is around the corner, I would expect bigger announcements like Bespin/Endor Han, Padame, maybe Lando. Clone Wars will be slow. I don't think they will release another Clone until Cody is out. I hope to see a bit of Star Wars this summer. With Marvel and DC movies delayed, HT should not have excuses to not announce Star Wars OT/PT.

July is around the corner, I would expect bigger announcements like Bespin/Endor Han, Padame, maybe Lando. Clone Wars will be slow. I don't think they will release another Clone until Cody is out. I hope to see a bit of Star Wars this summer. With Marvel and DC movies delayed, HT should not have excuses to not announce Star Wars OT/PT.

It's time for us all to accept that bespin Han and Lando are never coming :rotfl

We've been expecting Bespin Han, Bespin Lando and Padme, since 2017. Anniversaries, releases, conventions...everybody thought we were, for sure, going to see at least one of those figures to go up for preorder coinciding with some big event for years.

At this point, it's just better not to expect anything. I know nothing is ever off the table after Director Krennic's figure, but, Hot Toys not making a home run figure like Fives to go along with Rex shows that there really is no set plan for them.

We've been expecting Bespin Han, Bespin Lando and Padme, since 2017. Anniversaries, releases, conventions...everybody thought we were, for sure, going to see at least one of those figures to go up for preorder coinciding with some big event for years.

At this point, it's just better not to expect anything. I know nothing is ever off the table after Director Krennic's figure, but, Hot Toys not making a home run figure like Fives to go along with Rex shows that there really is no set plan for them.

I think the rest of the Clone Wars will depend on the POs on Rex.

Now that Endgame has wrapped, the hype has died down a bit, and there are fewer current and upcoming MCU properties for HT to make figures for I could see them leaning heavily into Star Wars. Once the global economy is able to get back into full swing, at least.

I would definitely pre-order Rex to show support, but I try not to PO too far in advance nowadays. I?m sure there?s many collectors out there who will though. Fives, Bly, and Echo are probably my most wanted Clones right now. With the big gap till new MCU films I hope indeed they turn their attention to more Star Wars.

At this point the majority of people livelihoods are still severely affected under the impactions of COVID 19 all around the world, businesses are increasingly getting crushed everywhere. Spending on toys obviously not a priority right now though. Slowing down on releasing new productions from Hot Toys would probably considered as a strategic move amid these upheavals.

We shall eventually get arc-troopers like Fives/Echo/Jesse soon enough, no need to rushing.

Back