Hot Toys Clone Wars Figures coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a good point :goodpost:

I'd hope that they are already hot at work on a Mandalorian Ahsoka which if so, the body could be used for a Clone Wars version. I'd assume at 17 at the end of the Clone Wars, she wouldn't really have grown much by the time of the Mandalorian. She's like just over 35 at the Mandalorian timeline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd hope that they are already hot at work on a Mandalorian Ahsoka which if so, the body could be used for a Clone Wars version. I'd assume at 17 at the end of the Clone Wars, she wouldn't really have grown much by the time of the Mandalorian. She's like just over 35 at the Mandalorian timeline?

RotJ is 33 years after RotS plus 5 years to the Mandalorian would add 38 years to Ahoska so more like 45/46.

I'm really hoping HT doesn't only give us a Mandalorian Ahsoka. That's like Hot Toys only giving us a Hobo Luke and ignoring OT Luke. Even between Clone Wars and Rebels Ahoska changed quite a bit.

RotJ is 33 years after RotS plus 5 years to the Mandalorian would add 38 years to Ahoska so more like 45/46.

I'm really hoping HT doesn't only give us a Mandalorian Ahsoka. That's like Hot Toys only giving us a Hobo Luke and ignoring OT Luke. Even between Clone Wars and Rebels Ahoska changed quite a bit.

Is it? I'm might be lost in the years but I thought it was only 19 years between RotS to ANH. Then the 3 years between ANH and ESB, 1 year between ESB and RotJ so that would be 23 years between RotS and RotJ. Then the 5 years after RotJ to the Mandalorian. Or am I wrong on that?

In any event on Clone Wars Ahsoka/Mandalorian Ahsoka, Hot Toys surely knows that it would be a massive seller so a no brainer to make both.

Is it? I'm might be lost in the years but I thought it was only 19 years between RotS to ANH. Then the 3 years between ANH and ESB, 1 year between ESB and RotJ so that would be 23 years between RotS and RotJ. Then the 5 years after RotJ to the Mandalorian. Or am I wrong on that?

In any event on Clone Wars Ahsoka/Mandalorian Ahsoka, Hot Toys surely knows that it would be a massive seller so a no brainer to make both.

I may have messed up my numbers ha ha

She'd be about 45. She was born in 36BBY (approximately, apparently) and Mando takes place in 9ABY.

Rosario Dawson was cast wasn't she?

So you don't need to work this out......she's 40, so she will look at least that old.

Do people want the first 1/6 ahsoka to be a Rosario Dawson figure rather than the ahsoka we know from countless years of shows?

That's as baffling to me as the recent Solo movie Han release......when I imagine most would rather see the very long ago teased Empire Strikes Back Han.

Han was complete up to his neck, the head in those pics is the ANH sculpt. Let's hope HT finally, finally got him right or hired someone that can do it. Because it'll be another huge letdown if the sculpt is a fail after years of waiting.

Han was complete up to his neck, the head in those pics is the ANH sculpt. Let's hope HT finally, finally got him right or hired someone that can do it. Because it'll be another huge letdown if the sculpt is a fail after years of waiting.

I know but when was that tease with the Bespin leia, a year ago? 2? It was a fair while......but we want multiple "Solo" figures? Last Jedi figures? Small scale companies have knocked out multiple Harrison Ford sculpts in the interim but a company the scale of hot toys can't do one?

I can't help feeling that OT figures must outsell modern star wars figures many times over. Certainly when I was getting rid of my force awakens figures, some of them I was almost giving away the value had plummeted so much. At one point my Force Awakens Han Solo sat on Ebay for two weeks at 130 pounds.....and nobody bought it! In the end that was the one I kept (well, its Harrison).

Odd business decisions. Anyway, I digress......

I know but when was that tease with the Bespin leia, a year ago? 2? It was a fair while......but we want multiple "Solo" figures? Last Jedi figures? Small scale companies have knocked out multiple Harrison Ford sculpts in the interim but a company the scale of hot toys can't do one?

I can't help feeling that OT figures must outsell modern star wars figures many times over. Certainly when I was getting rid of my force awakens figures, some of them I was almost giving away the value had plummeted so much. At one point my Force Awakens Han Solo sat on Ebay for two weeks at 130 pounds.....and nobody bought it! In the end that was the one I kept (well, its Harrison).

Odd business decisions. Anyway, I digress......

?130 for TFA Han Solo? Have you seen today's prices of that piece on eBay? Ridiculous trying to get hold of him in today's world. Even worse for the Han/Chewie double set.

Rosario Dawson was cast wasn't she?

So you don't need to work this out......she's 40, so she will look at least that old.

Do people want the first 1/6 ahsoka to be a Rosario Dawson figure rather than the ahsoka we know from countless years of shows?

That's as baffling to me as the recent Solo movie Han release......when I imagine most would rather see the very long ago teased Empire Strikes Back Han.

Don't know if it's been officially confirmed yet. Unsure.

But, the first Ahsoka I want is the season 7 CW version. Hot Toys would be nuts to not reveal her and Rex as the first from this line seeing the hype around the CW at the moment and how brilliant the final 4 episodes were.

Ha ha, couldnt get 260 when I tried to sell him with Chewie.......everyone knocked back my Chewbacca! The only "modern" star wars figures I have in 1/6 now.

(Who i still think is a good figure.....)

The last Force Awakens Han to sell on ebay went for 160.

Ha ha, couldnt get 260 when I tried to sell him with Chewie.......everyone knocked back my Chewbacca! The only "modern" star wars figures I have in 1/6 now.

(Who i still think is a good figure.....)

The last Force Awakens Han to sell on ebay went for 160.

I keep looking on there for auction ones as they tend to go for cheaper but the buy it now ones are ridiculous. Hindsight I kind of wasted a few ? by buying ST figures. I might be able to make some back by selling my TLJ Kylo and Rey. Going for my head canon EU with Crait Luke and old Han and making good custom progress on a Jaina Solo and Darth Caedus - it will keep me busy during the wait for CW reveals.

Why was the Rex thread closed? He was all but announced? (note how the teaser picture states pending license approval, which means the Rex figure shown is a prototype!)

She's been pretty coy about the whole casting thing. Personally, I believe she's just waiting for Disney to actually make the official announcement which they're probably waiting to announce at SW Celebration in August. How they do it since the actual convention probably won't happen is another discussion though.

But yeah, I can see them doing season 7 Ahsoka to go with their Rex and 332nd Clones. It just makes the most sense. A Rosario Dawson-looking Ahsoka would obviously be part of the Mandalorian line anyway. And we're at least a year or two away from even an announcement so I don't think that's even an issue to worry about right now.

She's been pretty coy about the whole casting thing. Personally, I believe she's just waiting for Disney to actually make the official announcement which they're probably waiting to announce at SW Celebration in August. How they do it since the actual convention probably won't happen is another discussion though.

But yeah, I can see them doing season 7 Ahsoka to go with their Rex and 332nd Clones. It just makes the most sense. A Rosario Dawson-looking Ahsoka would obviously be part of the Mandalorian line anyway. And we're at least a year or two away from even an announcement so I don't think that's even an issue to worry about right now.

Mando Season 2 was filmed, it'll probably come out in the fall so I'd expect them to reveal figures then. Hopefully Lucasfilm is a little more open and gives licensees the assets for figures early to work on them.

Mando Season 2 was filmed, it'll probably come out in the fall so I'd expect them to reveal figures then. Hopefully Lucasfilm is a little more open and gives licensees the assets for figures early to work on them.

Yeah that's key to getting figures etc earlier. All a matter of how well things can be kept under wraps on the toy supplier side.

But as I understand it Hot Toys has a pretty good relationship with Disney. They're also not a newcomer to the franchise. So let's hope we don't have to wait too long for that Ahsoka figure.

I'd be betting on the Gandalf cloak look myself.

This is great. Good non standard questions and excellent answers of course. Can never get enough Filoni.

He should be knighted one day :)

Yeah that's key to getting figures etc earlier. All a matter of how well things can be kept under wraps on the toy supplier side.

But as I understand it Hot Toys has a pretty good relationship with Disney. They're also not a newcomer to the franchise. So let's hope we don't have to wait too long for that Ahsoka figure.

I'd be betting on the Gandalf cloak look myself.

They didn't even trust Hasbro with Baby Yoda, but I don't anticipate them including anything that gigantic for the second season. Ahsoka would've been it but that cats out of the bag already.

Back