Hot Toys Clone Wars Figures coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its amazing how divided the community is on some issues

seamless vs jointed bodies
animated vs realistic sculpts
rooted vs sculpted hair
Solo being a good or bad movie
Hoping HT acknowledges May 4th in some way and then hating them for doing it

As Getter Dragon once said :lol

DtG_zYYXcAEu3Wn.jpg

Putting aside the realistic vs animated debate fro a while, I'd like to see the following for an Ahsoka figure

1. Season 7 outfit (although season 3-5 would also be good - could be a convention exclusive)
2. Two headscupts - A neutral portrait and one with her more serious battle ready expression
3. Swap out lekku in different poses
4. Both her green and blue lighsaber sets (only need to swap the blades for this)
5. Cloak tailored to her lekku for that classic silhouette
6. If season 7 outfit, a Tano trooper helmet, but
Spoiler Spoiler:

Anything else?

Day 1 PO!

I don't think animated is the logical style choice at all. Hot Toys isn't known for cartoony characters outside of the two Spider Man characters. You have other lines to scratch that itch. The entirety of their star wars line is realistic; cartoony would stick out. Realistic seems the obvious choice her.

Not disagreeing with you but the majority of the marvel line with a few minor exceptions are realistic, yet animated figures still got made.

seen a lot of people thinking they will be realistic sculpts because of the body proportions but the animated Spider-Man figure also has inaccurate more realistic body proportions especially for his casual look and still has an animated sculpt.

so who knows, anythings possible

Not disagreeing with you but the majority of the marvel line with a few minor exceptions are realistic, yet animated figures still got made.

seen a lot of people thinking they will be realistic sculpts because of the body proportions but the animated Spider-Man figure also has inaccurate more realistic body proportions especially for his casual look and still has an animated sculpt.

so who knows, anythings possible

If only we got a full sneak peak yesterday! :gah:

Putting aside the realistic vs animated debate fro a while, I'd like to see the following for an Ahsoka figure

1. Season 7 outfit (although season 3-5 would also be good - could be a convention exclusive)
2. Two headscupts - A neutral portrait and one with her more serious battle ready expression
4. Both her green and blue lighsaber sets (only need to swap the blades for this)
Spoiler Spoiler:

Anything else?

Exactly! Just give me this look in Hot Toys form with lightsabers and I won't complain.

ERfSbnfXsAEllM2.jpeg

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anything else?

#3 is most important to me. As sculpted pieces, she couldn't do anything but look in the direction they sculpt it in and that would bug me. I hate it enough on figures with long hair that drapes across both shoulders, the lekku would be ridiculous.

Its amazing how divided the community is on some issues

seamless vs jointed bodies
animated vs realistic sculpts
rooted vs sculpted hair
Solo being a good or bad movie
Hoping HT acknowledges May 4th in some way and then hating them for doing it

I am going to piss everybody off and say I want realistic shock troopers from this line.

But with hot toys repaint track record, we will only get clones and an animated maul and never make our young Padawan.

Nice announcement for those that have been waiting.

While I'm not feeling the need to replace all of the SSC clones, it will be interesting to what they offer.

I'm really only interested in seeing if Ashoka is offered with her final season look in the animated style.

I like that diamond select interpretation. Real enough it can fit in.

The lekku could easily be bendable like Groot's fingers. That'd be the easiest path.

Will they look like the CGI versions?

I think if Neca can make a comic book looking Superman and TMNT , I think HT should have no problem making their CW figures look like the actual CGI from the show

So at this point, how long does HT usually take to show an actual proto pic?? (that is IF they even decide to make a rex)

Sorry to say, but "how long is a piece of string".

However that said, my guess is they will want to strike while the irons hot considering the Clone Wars season just finished. They like to ride the hype wave for more sales.

They're probably just waiting on the Rex headsculpt version approval.

Nice announcement for those that have been waiting.

While I'm not feeling the need to replace all of the SSC clones, it will be interesting to what they offer.

I'm really only interested in seeing if Ashoka is offered with her final season look in the animated style.

For people like me who missed out on the SSC Clones all them years ago, this is the perfect news. eBay prices for the SSC Clones are ridiculous.

I also made the stupid decisions to pass on RotS Obi and Ani and their eBay prices are shooting up as well now. So I'm hoping for a re release of them seeing as Hot Toys already have the clothing, heads and bodies etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to say, but "how long is a piece of string".

However that said, my guess is they will want to strike while the irons hot considering the Clone Wars season just finished. They like to ride the hype wave for more sales.

They're probably just waiting on the Rex headsculpt version approval.

Probably this however I wouldn't expect it to take too long. They clearly had the Cody head approved as it's up for pre order so I imagine a Rex head wouldn't only need a minor repaint and hair cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back