Hot Toys Classic Predator in the works?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not like HT's intent was to "improve" on a movie design. they botched the sculpt. that argument just sounds like you're trying too hard to justify the money you spent. toy companies who think they know better than the fx crews and designers who worked on the actual movie creatures end up like Kenner.

Sounds to me like your argument is just as biased toward the opposite side of the coin. :huh

it's not like HT's intent was to "improve" on a movie design. they botched the sculpt. that argument just sounds like you're trying too hard to justify the money you spent. toy companies who think they know better than the fx crews and designers who worked on the actual movie creatures end up like Kenner.

I can't help but notice you really often like to discuss how others are justifying money they spent. Afterall, it is their money so just leave them be.

Surely you have yourself spent more than you would like to at some point or another for something you wanted. If not, hats off to you.

I can't help but notice you really often like to discuss how others are justifying money they spent. Afterall, it is their money so just leave them be.

Surely you have yourself spent more than you would like to at some point or another for something you wanted. If not, hats off to you.
thanks for the tip. i pre-order stuff i want. when i don't want something, i don't buy it. it's called voting with your dollar. but when people try to say HT is improving on original designs when all they did was phone in a sculpt (usually after they already bought it), i find it prudent to call that out. there's an important distinction between saying you like the figure and saying it's better than something it's supposed to look like but doesn't. and that boils down to 2 commonly used justifications on here - 1) you bought the figure and you realise it doesn't look like the character. 2) you didn't like the movie and you're looking for another passive-aggressive way to bash it.

Ok, I do agree that if the figure 1) ends up looking unlike the character in the movie, or 2) has some inaccuracies....then clearly, that is simply Hot Toys "failing" to do what they tried to do, which is create a 1/6 scale replication of the "real thing".

Anyways...point being, based on what you said, I assume you have no choice but to agree that it seems like we all buy stuff for the same reason (want something, buy it, don't wait it, don't buy it)...then whats the point of calling out or trying to analyze why people buy aftermarket stuff, or buy re-releases, or buy inaccurate characters and then proceed to defend it?

Inaccurate or not, people buy these figures because they wanted it...lol

Hated the look of the "super" predators in the film, but liked hot toys version of him on their new predator body. Did not buy the P1 hot toys figure because I was not happy with the way all the prior predator figures looked. Kinda like bobble heads, although had I known how they would skyrocket in price I would have bought them all :)
I would love love love to see HT take a stab at the classic on their new body and updated likeness standards. Think it would be amazing.

Ok, I do agree that if the figure 1) ends up looking unlike the character in the movie, or 2) has some inaccuracies....then clearly, that is simply Hot Toys "failing" to do what they tried to do, which is create a 1/6 scale replication of the "real thing".

Anyways...point being, based on what you said, I assume you have no choice but to agree that it seems like we all buy stuff for the same reason (want something, buy it, don't wait it, don't buy it)...then whats the point of calling out or trying to analyze why people buy aftermarket stuff, or buy re-releases, or buy inaccurate characters and then proceed to defend it?

Inaccurate or not, people buy these figures because they wanted it...lol
whether or not people want a figure isn't the argument. it's when they use its inaccuracy to bash the movie/character and then need to justify the purchase. that's ridiculous and deserves to be called out. i don't care if people want the figure or not. that has nothing to do with anything.

anywho, back on topic -

the one thing about this figure that would make me want it is if it had a removable cannon/backpack like the NECA figure has. i'm assuming it will have the led sights like the other 3 preds in this series, so i'd bet most of the P1 owners would get this guy just for supplemental P1 accessories too. at least, i would. it would be interesting to see how many are just getting it because they missed out on the P1 though. didn't seem like a popular character.

They improved the design. Period. :lol

Just like McFarlane made better looking 8 inch Predators, then the fat, bulky AvP Predators in the movie. :lol

By instead making them the other extreme - anorexic and awkward looking. Not really an improvement if you ask me.

They improved the design. Period. :lol

Just like McFarlane made better looking 8 inch Predators, then the fat, bulky AvP Predators in the movie. :lol
No, they made it look like a squished piece of ____.
I liked the McFarlane Predators but you have to admit they were pretty crappy...

Hated the look of the "super" predators in the film, but liked hot toys version of him on their new predator body. Did not buy the P1 hot toys figure because I was not happy with the way all the prior predator figures looked. Kinda like bobble heads, although had I known how they would skyrocket in price I would have bought them all :)
I would love love love to see HT take a stab at the classic on their new body and updated likeness standards. Think it would be amazing.
:lecture Took the words right out of my mouth. :hi5:

Ive got to add to the debate.I love the slim look they gave the super predators.It really gave them a wicked look to them.On hot toys making things 100% movie look would be cool too.But until the hates get some sculpting skills and make there perfect predator be happy.Not hating but hands down i couldnt make these figures and if that artist puts there touch to it,dont be surprised.....

Well, unlike CelticP, I still love the AVP designs through and through. Not trying to justify any spending here, they just had their own unique style and were more like the full-suited combat team of Preds. Fully-kitted and armed. The HT figures and the actual designs rock in my eyes. The movie was pretty good too IMO.

AVP-R was utter garbage, though. Once again, in my humble opinion :lol.

Back on topic, I do take issue with the way Berserker's sculpt was handled and his head size (also dread length) is indeed inaccurate. It bums me out, yet I'm still getting the trio because the movie was great and the pros of the figures far outweigh the cons. They're not perfect, but they look damn good on a shelf.

Maybe it wasn't intentional on their part, and maybe it was just a botched job, but who cares? I like the way it turned out, so I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back