Hot Toys Classic Predator in the works?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone able to take that 1st photo and crop it and resize it in photo shop so we can actually see it better? anyone with photoshop , DO EEEEEET NAO!!!!!!!!!:nana:

Here's what I've got.

On a side note...anyone else think that thing on the top shelf looks like the Newborn Alien?

hottoysclassicmaybe.jpg

it is but i can't tell which newborn it is. it's either a kit or a statue and i don't collect those much so i dunno. also wondering what that unpainted P1 next to Joseph's left arm is. the pose looks like the Billiken kit but it's closer to the size of the Geo kit. guess they could just be sculpted by him.

edit - that P1 is further away so it could be one of the 12" kits, the Geo kit was like 9".

I know about every Newborn piece out there and that's something I've never seen before.

Color me intrigued.

And that's definately the Biliken Pred kit.

what sucks is that Billiken pred, the CM and the SSC preds all have completely wrong shoulder cannons and armor. it bothers me that this guy might have no clue how to use proper reference material and that's why the P1 had the jacked up mask and cannon.
Doesn't it look like a Classic Predator with bio head is on top of the monitor?
yep.

I agree, but maybe this time he will have some better reference, like the ones NECA used and he will nail it, despite what he has on his desk. I know Tankman said that they had some of the other figures made before on their desks to compare how much better NECA's was.

Wouldn't it be so cool if hot toys gave away something like a golden ticket with some random figure and the winner get's a tour of there HQ! ....imagine how awesome that would be!!

I agree, but maybe this time he will have some better reference, like the ones NECA used and he will nail it, despite what he has on his desk. I know Tankman said that they had some of the other figures made before on their desks to compare how much better NECA's was.
i sure hope so. then again, this is the same guy who had the McFarlane alien on his desk when he was sculpting it and we all know how that one turned out...

The sad thing is, there are a TON of good references out there he could be using.

It's like they refuse to use accurate ones.

Just like they did with the Giger Alien.

The sad thing is, there are a TON of good references out there he could be using.

It's like they refuse to use accurate ones.

Just like they did with the Giger Alien.

Why is this tho?

Surely if you were tasked with sculpting a classic Predator design, you would want to nail it...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vN2XZhnznFY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

I LOLed, though I agree with the pole squatters in principle. Use proper referance material not other companies figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back