Hot Toys Classic Predator in the works?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOLed, though I agree with the pole squatters in principle. Use proper referance material not other companies figures.

:lecture:lecture:lecture The NECA poll squatting in this HotToys thread needs to stop! :exactly:

While it's more subtle than Selektiv, continually bringing it up is no different than what he does. It's trolling and it doesn't belong here.

:lecture:lecture:lecture The obsessive use of the term "POLE SQUATTING" in the thread needs to stop! :exactly:

It's weird and conjures up disturbing images.

And...the fact that there is a video of said pole squatting is even worse.

:lecture:lecture:lecture The obsessive use of the term "POLE SQUATTING" in the thread needs to stop! :exactly:

It's weird and conjures up disturbing images.

And...the fact that there is a video of said pole squatting is even worse.

Don't start nothin'...
dmx_5_wenn3020317.jpg

...won't be nothin'.
:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Why is this tho?

Surely if you were tasked with sculpting a classic Predator design, you would want to nail it...
i don't think HT's goal is to "nail it" so much as just "good enough for what we have time for". look at the berserker, everybody is buying them up and the sculpt is pretty terrible. they know collectors will buy it whether it looks like the movie or not and better sculpting costs more $$ and more time. it also makes me wonder if Tsang has any say over reference material or if some HT marketing guy provides it. you'll notice the P2 Elder and P1 both have stubby badly-proportioned shoulder cannons/armor that both look identical to the ones on the Billiken kit and SSC maquette. even the P1's mask kinda looks like the Billiken one. and he's using them again for the classic.

It'd be cool for the exclusive of the HT Classic Pred to be the hologram of earth on the wrist comp. Similar to the SW Cody LSB.
If they even make a Classic Pred...

It'd be cool for the exclusive of the HT Classic Pred to be the hologram of earth on the wrist comp. Similar to the SW Cody LSB.

I thought of that too... :hi5: But I did not know how to say it lol :peace

I don't see why it wouldn't. All of my Hasbro SW figure holograms are fairly decent and this is HT.
For some reason i'm really loving this idea.. Imagine if they had done that with Celtic.. It would have probably been too complicated, but that would have been badass.
For the exclusive they could just have an extra wrist comp gauntlet with a little hole in it (like the pole for Falconer's Falcon..) for the hologram.

I don't see why it wouldn't. All of my Hasbro SW figure holograms are fairly decent and this is HT.
For some reason i'm really loving this idea.. Imagine if they had done that with Celtic.. It would have probably been too complicated, but that would have been badass.
For the exclusive they could just have an extra wrist comp gauntlet with a little hole in it (like the pole for Falconer's Falcon..) for the hologram.

Forget exclusive. It should be part of the standard figure. Tracker gets his hound. Classic should have this:)

i don't think HT's goal is to "nail it" so much as just "good enough for what we have time for". look at the berserker, everybody is buying them up and the sculpt is pretty terrible.

Berserker is an innaccurate sculpt, not a terrible one. Personally I've come to quite like it perhaps because this particular predator character is less 'sacred' than the P1 or even the P2.

The innaccurate sculpt of the Big Chap Alien on the other hand was not welcome in the first place and is harder to forgive even as time has gone on. We already had a sufficient number of innaccurate sculpts - an accurate one would have been a pleasant 'change', and particular since the original Alien, like the P1, is 'sacred'.

Sideshow easily nailed it with their General Kenobi figure. If they can do it, I don't see it being an issue for HT. Though looking at Whiplash's whips, they might make it in yellow. :monkey1

Berserker is an innaccurate sculpt, not a terrible one. Personally I've come to quite like it perhaps because this particular predator character is less 'sacred' than the P1 or even the P2.

Agreed. The liberties they took with the sculpt actually make it look more like a Predator. I personally feel that Predators messed around too much with the basic Predator design in order to make their "super" Predators distinct.

Can someone post a comparison shot of what Berserker looks like and what was the inaccuracy on HT's part? I'm not too keen in noticing things like this.

Agreed. The liberties they took with the sculpt actually make it look more like a Predator. I personally feel that Predators messed around too much with the basic Predator design in order to make their "super" Predators distinct.
it's not like HT's intent was to "improve" on a movie design. they botched the sculpt. that argument just sounds like you're trying too hard to justify the money you spent. toy companies who think they know better than the fx crews and designers who worked on the actual movie creatures end up like Kenner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back