Hot Toys Classic Predator in the works?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic P1
pred2b.jpg

Is that a shoulder canon on the left shoulder? If so, the fact that the shoulder's bare would be further evidence that it's not Classic, or P1.

0216-00321-001b5.jpg

predarnold..what product is the predator from.. the original hot toys P1 or something else? it looks frickin awesome

Personally I don't care if it is Predators packaging as long as the figure can pass for the P1 -- I have the trophies and I'd like to have an updated undamaged mask -- and I hope they go by the original proportions and paint details of Kevin Peter Hall's predator vs the new stockier one...different enough for p1 predators to want to buy as an improved version or a different character
and same enough for those who missed out on the first version and don't wanna pay vast amounts of dough just to get the first released one.

Personally I don't care if it is Predators packaging as long as the figure can pass for the P1 -- I have the trophies and I'd like to have an updated undamaged mask -- and I hope they go by the original proportions and paint details of Kevin Peter Hall's predator vs the new stockier one...different enough for p1 predators to want to buy as an improved version or a different character
and same enough for those who missed out on the first version and don't wanna pay vast amounts of dough just to get the first released one.

Not gonna happen. If they release a "Classic" it will be different enough from P1 to easily distinguish the two.

Sorry for the slight derailment of the thread, but anyone know what this Navy SEALs thing from the Toys Daily link is? New figure / accessories pack or something old?

17emhl.jpg

Back on track, hope they do make a Classic Predator, along with Tracker. And maybe Noland.

just curious, but why the hell does everyone assume this is the Classic Pred? First off, the picture on the monitor is the P1, not to mention he has 2 P1 statues sitting right next to him. Theres plenty of high res pics of the Classic available, so if he was sculpting the Classic, why not use pics of the actual character? The P1 and the Classic are waaaaay different in many areas, so sculpting a P1, and calling it the Classic is just :slap

P1:

Untitled-226.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

Predator26.jpg

Classic:

Classic207.jpg

Classic201.jpg

Classic208.jpg

Production_1.jpg

Classic209.jpg

my posting is a little late i guess :(

Calling it classic is one one way to "revisit a character" and plus it is a movie year for predators - the intent in the movie was supposed to be like the p1 - not the same character of course but perhaps the same yautja tribe...

Calling it classic is one one way to "revisit a character" and plus it is a movie year for predators - the intent in the movie was supposed to be like the p1 - not the same character of course but perhaps the same yautja tribe...

ok, whats your point though? My point is that the P1 and Classic look way different. If they were making the Classic from Predators, then they should use ref photos of the actual character.

I think you guys hoping for a P1 or a Classic are going to be highly disappointed. Again, looking at the physique alone, this wouldn't be either.

Its going to be Tracker Pedator looking closer you can even see the bones sticking out futher on the sides of the head ive been going form this photo back and forth form movie stills I think its going to be Tracker...

ok, whats your point though? My point is that the P1 and Classic look way different. If they were making the Classic from Predators, then they should use ref photos of the actual character.

same reason they did not use actual suit for the hybrid -- the hybrid suit was actually dumpy the intent was to be long and slender -- thats why the full body was never seen to show how it actually looked --

the classic was always framed in such a way that he looked very large -

the reason they got some of the original people to work on the suit was to make it look like th og pred...

the only "official difference is lack of intact mask, no gauntlets in some shots and no tr0phies"

the unofficial differences -- probably the longer dreds, dumpy body, articulation difference in the mandibles resulting in different poses for the face (plus explressions - since the technology in animatronics is different)

The suit represents the p1 - even if it isnt supposed to be the same character.

However I see your point -- it depends how accurate they wanna get...

do collectors want the little dumpy guy seen in production photos who has to look tiny compared to the other yautja or do they want the implied large dude who is dwarfed by the even larger creature?

the differences may be too miniscule and unintentional and so probably that is the reason for going directly to the source of the inspiration of the classic in the first place since the intent was to copy that character's look

IF indeed that is what we are looking at...

but I wouldn't put it past them to revisit the character since Batman had like what 3 -4 Jokers from Dark Knight alone?
Plus How many Jack sparrows have there been -- all practically alike -- except in improvements in sculpt or minor costume differences...

I just hope we see the Elder revisited with a new body _ imissed out on it the first time and I dont want to pay1500 for boxed or 900 for mint opened.

i dont care either way, but how can you tell from that pic?. I dont know what the point of having the SS and CM P1 right next to him, if he werent sculpting another P1 or the Classic :dunno

For me Classic Predator is the one from classic John Mctiernan's 1987 movie not the 'Bulky and Fat' Predator from 2010 Predators movie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back