[Hot Toys] City Hunter!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit why can't they make mainstream anime figures

Because this is mainstream. City Hunter is one of the most famous series out there. Just because it had little impact in the West doesn't mean it wasn't huge. It's like getting upset if they did a figure on Getter Robo or Kinnikuman. Both mean absolutely nothing in the US market, but are two of the biggest series to ever exist pretty much everywhere else.

Because this is mainstream. City Hunter is one of the most famous series out there. Just because it had little impact in the West doesn't mean it wasn't huge. It's like getting upset if they did a figure on Getter Robo or Kinnikuman. Both mean absolutely nothing in the US market, but are two of the biggest series to ever exist pretty much everywhere else.

Hmmm never heard og those at all are they japanese manga ?

I hope Guts from the Berserk manga is the next manga character they make. Him and Griffith would be great!

I really hope this isn't going to be just Manga. The line says Comic Masterpiece series. Comic=make some Marvel & DC stuff, Hot Toys.

I really hope this isn't going to be just Manga. The line says Comic Masterpiece series. Comic=make some Marvel & DC stuff, Hot Toys.

I think it's a waste to just go for the American comics because they get movie adaptations not to mention they are trying to appeal to Japan with this lineup. Finally, isn't there a licensing issue with just going for the entire Marvel universe?

Don't get me wrong, I think Manga fans should get their share,but why call it Comic Masterpiece if it's only Manga? I'm hoping this line will encompass comics in general.

own issue 1 to the end(missing some issues now). i thought it was a great cool series when i read them in high school, but upon rereading them again when i'm older i found the stories to be mediocre at best.

the art is fantastic though, and the actions can be very creative, but the girls... they are the main attraction. always got a boner looking at the gorgeous sexy girls that populate the series. the nudity is censored here, but still... with the perv like ryo being our lead, you'd never have any shortage of exposed cleavages/curves/long legs to stop your mind from drooling.

I loved this series when I was a teenager. The action, adult humor, sexy girls, cool hero, etc :)

city-hunter-1.jpg

Son Goku with interchangeable hair would be great... Normal ver HS, and SS1,2,3 HS with detachable eyebrow for SS3

lol

I'm only vaguely familiar with the series, but this gives me hope for HT eventually doing Guts from Berserk. That'd be quite awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back