1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

There'll be knock offs. Much cheaper. Wait for those. Once the movie comes out, and the figures, many knock offs of the BD shield will begin pouring in. Seeing as how the standard CA is the better buy, many will opt to buy that instead and will want the BD shield (which should've been included with the standard edition in the first place). Trust me, knock offs of the shield will be common place.

Ugh! How do I spot knock off Hot Toy parts on eBay so I don't buy them!? I really don't want knock off accessories.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

should have included the headsculpt that came with 'I could do this all day'

I remember what a debacle that PO was for a lot of people. You would've thought the world was ending. It came up during rush hour on the east coast and it sold out fast so people were pissed. I remember being at a happy hour and ordering it from my phone. :lol

:lol

I think it was because there was so much hype before it went up for PO. Hot Toys released the photos of the BD Mark VII on their Facebook page about a month before it went up for PO. And for about a whole month we had no idea when it was going to be up on Sideshow. Then, the day before, I believe, Sideshow emailed everyone saying it was going to be available for PO the next day, which was a Friday. And around 3:00 p.m. West Coast time it went up and sold out in a couple of hours.

Man, that was a crazy day on this board....:lol

I'll be purchasing this, but I have made it a point to collect up all of Hot Toys' Captain Americas. That said, I'm betting this movie will see a third version at some point after the film releases. I can't recall a Captain America movie yet that hasn't had at least 3 versions of Rogers as 1/6 figures.

I think it was because there was so much hype before it went up for PO. Hot Toys released the photos of the BD Mark VII on their Facebook page about a month before it went up for PO. And for about a whole month we had no idea when it was going to be up on Sideshow. Then, the day before, I believe, Sideshow emailed everyone saying it was going to be available for PO the next day, which was a Friday. And around 3:00 p.m. West Coast time it went up and sold out in a couple of hours.

Honestly, the the day the po went up has to be the funniest day in SSF history . It was great reading .

Oh and it was never announced, we just knew it would be up for PO soon . It randomly went up at 3pm pacific time and sold out by 6pm pacific time. The email , oh man, maybe a 1/4 of the subscribers got it on time . Some people got it later that night . The eastern part of the US lost their minds. Then you have all the non-us customers going off because they couldn't order it. It was just an amazing day with non stop comedy

I'll be purchasing this, but I have made it a point to collect up all of Hot Toys' Captain Americas. That said, I'm betting this movie will see a third version at some point after the film releases. I can't recall a Captain America movie yet that hasn't had at least 3 versions of Rogers as 1/6 figures.

Perhaps another Steve Rogers figure? :lol

Probably not though, being that they're already including a Steve Rogers sculpt with both CW Caps.

I picked this version over the regular because I want a figure that has distinguished over the rest of my caps. It has enough to warrant it and it is almost the same but does have some new different things which I prefer over the standard which I wanted to get but couldn't pull the trigger due to its similarities and I am a HUGE Captain America fan here and that was hard to believe so I'm glad I got the option to get a representation from the movie without getting the version I would of felt to be the same as the last.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Brook, dude, in all respect, you're really going non-linear, off the rails about this. I agree that the difference between the two is minimal, but you're really starting to get hostile in general and towards other posters over simply a variation in an accessory that the version that you chose to get (and still have the option of changing) doesn't include.

Take a step back and relax, man.

I picked this version over the regular because I want a figure that has distinguished over the rest of my caps. It has enough to warrant it and it is almost the same but does have some new different things which I prefer over the standard which I wanted to get but couldn't pull the trigger due to its similarities and I am a HUGE Captain America fan here and that was hard to believe so I'm glad I got the option to get a representation from the movie without getting the version I would of felt to be the same as the last.

When the "regular" version came up, I passed for the very reason mentioned here...it was just a little too similar to the other versions I have (got all but the two "Avengers" version of Cap already in the collection)....but this one's cool display options with that stand, the weathered shield and the slightly distressed outfit won me over....had to have a rep of Cap's third film on the shelf....
I hope the "unhelmeted" head will fit on the "Steve Rogers" figure from the WS two pack that I have...the helmet-less portrait from that one is on the Stealth Cap, holding the helmet loosely with one hand....

STEALTH-CAP-005.jpg

Would love to display that Rogers figure duleing with Winter Soldier like so....

CAP-v-WS-001.jpg

Seeing the gallery for this new CW version is getting me ready for the flick....

Brook, dude, in all respect, you're really going non-linear, off the rails about this. I agree that the difference between the two is minimal, but you're really starting to get hostile in general and towards other posters over simply a variation in an accessory that the version that you chose to get (and still have the option of changing) doesn't include.

Silver, don't do this man. I have NOT been aggressive with other posters. I will admit to being aggressive for one, but there's history with that. This doesn't mean much for you or anyone else, but he has NO respect from me.

Who I do respect is someone like you. You respect others that will purchase this figure, yet also recognize its shortcomings. I have no respect for for anyone that refuses to even entertain the notion that a company is flawed.

Once again, I'm NOT insulting anyone buying this figure. I've never called ANYONE stupid nor sheep nor blind. I hope this is clear enough.

Silver, don't do this man. I have NOT been aggressive with other posters. I will admit to being aggressive for one, but there's history with that. This doesn't mean much for you or anyone else, but he has NO respect from me.

Who I do respect is someone like you. You respect others that will purchase this figure, yet also recognize its shortcomings. I have no respect for for anyone that refuses to even entertain the notion that a company is flawed.

Once again, I'm NOT insulting anyone buying this figure. I've never called ANYONE stupid nor sheep nor blind. I hope this is clear enough.

That's not what he's doing. He's looking at it from a business perspective and sees the reasons why HTs is doing this.

I agree here but I do understand why he's mad about it.
When the "regular" version came up, I passed for the very reason mentioned here...it was just a little too similar to the other versions I have (got all but the two "Avengers" version of Cap already in the collection)....but this one's cool display options with that stand, the weathered shield and the slightly distressed outfit won me over....had to have a rep of Cap's third film on the shelf....
I hope the "unhelmeted" head will fit on the "Steve Rogers" figure from the WS two pack that I have...the helmet-less portrait from that one is on the Stealth Cap, holding the helmet loosely with one hand....

View attachment 258762

Would love to display that Rogers figure duleing with Winter Soldier like so....

View attachment 258763

Seeing the gallery for this new CW version is getting me ready for the flick....
I highly agree and the head will fit on the figure! :)

Sometimes man the best thing to do is back away. I understand why you are mad though.

That's not what he's doing. He's looking at it from a business perspective and sees the reasons why HTs is doing this.

Its exactly what he's doing. I'm not gonna get into specifics because it has nothing to do with how I feel about this figure.

I agree here but I do understand why he's mad about it.

I highly agree and the head will fit on the figure! :)

Sometimes man the best thing to do is back away. I understand why you are mad though.

Back away from what though? Im having a relatively calm discussion with some folks here. Yeah I'm not thrilled about the figure, but at least I'm not insulting anyone.

Btw, not having respect for one doesn't equal insulting one. Just wanted to point that out.

Back away from what though? Im having a relatively calm discussion with some folks here. Yeah I'm not thrilled about the figure, but at least I'm not insulting anyone.

Btw, not having respect for one doesn't equal insulting one. Just wanted to point that out.
I guess you aren't but some may not respect your opinion and a feud will start. I always say leave it once and walk away. Engage but don't force.

It's pretty clear why it was deleted. You want details, PM me.

It's very clear and my question was rhetorical... but still serious. What's up with that?!

If certain members continuously make posts that get negative responses out of people, then their posts should be deleted along with the negative responses they're sparking.

Plus I don't think either one of us said anything bad enough to be deleted...

Honestly, the the day the po went up has to be the funniest day in SSF history . It was great reading .

Oh and it was never announced, we just knew it would be up for PO soon . It randomly went up at 3pm pacific time and sold out by 6pm pacific time. The email , oh man, maybe a 1/4 of the subscribers got it on time . Some people got it later that night . The eastern part of the US lost their minds. Then you have all the non-us customers going off because they couldn't order it. It was just an amazing day with non stop comedy

Yea, that was a cluster ****** that day :lol. Late emails or no email received was a bummer for those who got screwed like that.

I dont buy fake parts though. I wish I did some stuff would be a lot cheaper.

Ugh! How do I spot knock off Hot Toy parts on eBay so I don't buy them!? I really don't want knock off accessories.

Men after my own heart :duff.

If you want to avoid fake parts, stay away from Kit Chen (iyiyyy on eBay) and any of his affiliates, and stay away from any Hot Toys look-alike part that uses the word "Custom" in the title on eBay. And if it's way cheaper than what the going rate is from other respected sellers, that's another usual sign too

Last edited:

Appreciate that. :duff

That is precisely what I'm doing also. I get where Brooklyn is coming from, because I see very little difference in the two figures other than the sculpts, the base and the shield. But nobody is forcing anyone to get either one. Get both, get one or the other, or get none. There's trade offs to both. Sure HT is probably capitalizing on the CW hype, but as a business, why wouldn't they? I don't feel they're misleading anyone here in this case. I feel they probably should have included the BD shield originally, but I'm happy with my purchase of the regular version and won't be changing it to the promo version, which to me is essentially the same figure with a BD shield.

If one is truly fed up with HT, then simply don't buy either version.

View attachment 258762

View attachment 258763

I wish Hot Toys would rerelease the STRIKE Cap with the AoU/CW tailoring.

Back