1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Everyone reads things differently :) I guess it's just up to the audience as to how they interpret everything on screen! :)

I kind of agree though. I'd rather Steve be single, especially in IW, because I feel there's too much ground to cover in the two parts and shoe horned romance for anyone, let alone Steve, will take away time that could be used on the story. Small moments I can live with, but we don't need to see dates and such :lol

Yeah, I know what you mean. A lot of it is subjective. :)

Me personally, I'm not really a proponent for tampering with what's been canon for several of these superheroes for many years. I personally think it's a bit selfish to want to do so just because it's something I personally want/want to see so that way I can relate to it if I can't already. I would be in favor of creating a different, new character from scratch that caters to various factions/communities if they want to be represented in some capacity. Not tampering with canon on existing characters so that way it suits your wants while at the same time takes away from what others already relate to.

I personally like seeing a lot of these superheroes being single as well. Who would have time for a relationship with that kind of lifestyle? :lol

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Yeah, I know what you mean. A lot of it is subjective. :)

Me personally, I'm not really a proponent for tampering with what's been canon for several of these superheroes for many years. I personally think it's a bit selfish to want to do so just because it's something I personally want/want to see so that way I can relate to it if I can't already. I would be in favor of creating a different, new character from scratch that caters to various factions/communities if they want to be represented in some capacity. Not tampering with canon on existing characters so that way it suits your wants while at the same time takes away from what others already relate to.

I personally like seeing a lot of these superheroes being single as well. Who would have time for a relationship with that kind of lifestyle? :lol

:lol

Steve sees Bucky as a brother. If you went to extreme lengths to protect your brother, no one would presume it was because you were in love with him (unless you're a fan of Wincest :lol ). Personally, I love seeing a strong platonic male bond shown onscreen. I think a lot of younger fans want their fanon interpretations of characters to make it to the movies, even if their interpretations are incorrect. IMO, the filmmakers should remain true to the original characters as much as possible and not alter them merely for the sake of altering them.

avengers-2-trailer-gifs-pic.jpg

I'm surprised Hot Toys hasn't put up an official release announcement for this yet! I'm excited to see more photos (and hopefully the regular version isn't far behind).

I'm surprised Hot Toys hasn't put up an official release announcement for this yet! I'm excited to see more photos (and hopefully the regular version isn't far behind).

They did announce this right?...

Yeah, I read this too yesterday that fans on Twitter were doing something like #giveCaptainAmericaAboyfriend or something like that.

:slap was my reaction when I read it as well. Most of it is just based on personal erotic fanboy artwork that some people made between him and Bucky, so they want to see their fan work come to life.

The concept of two males being good friends with no latent homosexual urges towards one another is apparently unprecedented these days.

I suppose next that in the DCEU, Wonder Woman is actually a transexual and Superman and Batman now after becoming allies, realize that they need to take their relationship to the next level.

The same could almost be said for a male and female being good friends without heterosexual urges. At least based on the number of people who think Black Widow should have ended up with Hawkeye or Cap in the movies.

sometimes i wish these guys were all eunuchs so we don't have to sit through this nonsense.

So back to the figure... :lol

I'm guessing no conversions recently?

not for me so I went ahead an ordered the regular version, I love my AOU Cap but I hate the tailoring on the pants, no mater what I did they ended up looking like some thugs pants hanging off his butt and those damn knee pads suck. After futzing with them so much I broke them for the second time so after I was done crying :lol I ordered the CW version.

The ClipperKing review is coming! its not like Ive been hitting refresh on my subscriptions every second for the last 2 days waiting for it

Looks really good. I won't be getting rid of my AoU Cap though there is room for both in my collection.

not for me so I went ahead an ordered the regular version, I love my AOU Cap but I hate the tailoring on the pants, no mater what I did they ended up looking like some thugs pants hanging off his butt and those damn knee pads suck. After futzing with them so much I broke them for the second time so after I was done crying :lol I ordered the CW version.

:goodpost:

I'm always futzing with the waistline of the pants on my AoU Cap. It just never looks right. I pull it down just a bit in the front a bit with some white showing underneath the middle red stripe so that way it's screen accurate, but then it never looks right in the back and looks like the pants are hanging halfway down his rear end.

With some futzing, the knee pads can look decent. Still off, but better than they would if you didn't futz with them.

I've watched Clippers reviews before, but I am now a genuine fan because he called out White Gloves for calling Sharon Carter Black Widow. Put some respeck on Scarlett Johansson's character!

I like "white gloves" reviews lol. He is the first person to review all figures. I just wish he didn't do his whole entire review close up. Gotta show off the fig man

Yeah. He doesn't bother me. I watch most reviewers if it's a figure I like or am anticipating. Just comes down to who shows it off the best. Xenomorph is cool, you can tell he really cares about the figure. Optibotimus is thorough. Shartimus can be entertaining. Danoby is solid but his stuff with Benjamin is terrible.

And...... as I'm typing this I'm realizing that I watch too many youtubers who do reviews :lol

Clipper's vids are the only ones I watch. He's thorough and holds no punches, no BS.

Yeah, Clip is easily the best reviewer for Hot Toys. But he puts down other people and it seems like that's the only way he can feel good about himself. I watch his reviews for the figure related content but there is always some drama queen flavor mixed in which can be childish.

Yeah, Clip is easily the best reviewer for Hot Toys. But he puts down other people and it seems like that's the only way he can feel good about himself. I watch his reviews for the figure related content but there is always some drama queen flavor mixed in which can be childish.

His vids are a tad long, but I still like them. Just love the accent haha. I may have missed it, but who does he put down?

Back