1/6 Hot Toys C-3PO (See-Threepio) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this figure never put on PO? What happened?

Any word on the New Hope version?

Yeah, with two years since the reveal fast approaching and six months gone since HT R2 shipped, I guess this one is either in HT limbo along with Power Droid, ROTJ stormie and the Falcon cockpit, or maybe they are waiting to have the ship date fall closer to Ep IX. R2 went up for PO over a year ago - you'd think sometime around then would have been the time to put this guy up if it was gonna happen.

What killed this might have been the association with TFA. HT got a surprising number of shelf warmers out of the TFA line, and it seems like they scaled TLJ stuff back to just the leads - the Praetorian was about the only ambitious release.

Yeah I know but they can still use most of it and just resculpt the mid section for an OT look.

-I’d love to see a swap out leg for ANH and ESB as well as the break apart feature for the cargo net on Chewy’s back.
-An attachable torn out eye for Jabba’s Palace display.

-A fully gold leg or the E3 look.

But I’m sure that will never happen.
Honestly I’d be happy with an ANH look and a separate figure for the E2 look. That was one of my favorite 3PO looks.

Yeah I know but they can still use most of it and just resculpt the mid section for an OT look.

-I’d love to see a swap out leg for ANH and ESB as well as the break apart feature for the cargo net on Chewy’s back.
-An attachable torn out eye for Jabba’s Palace display.

-A fully gold leg or the E3 look.

But I’m sure that will never happen.
Honestly I’d be happy with an ANH look and a separate figure for the E2 look. That was one of my favorite 3PO looks.

Yeah, and I also do like 3PO's E2 look.

I would love a ROTJ variant 3PO, though I know that would never happen. He was a more matte and yellower gold in ROTJ, the eyes darker (almost reddish in some shots) too, and the belly wires are dead straight - totally different to SW and ESB. Add some green goop paint to the face and have a pop-out eye and you'd be all ready for Jabba's palace.:yess:

The Fat Awakens version doesn’t appeal to me at all. The red arm looks cool though

While it's not very appealing to most, it is accurate to the movie (and I guess Daniels' pudgier present-day frame) and shows just how precise HT can be - that they can sculpt a "slightly fat" 3PO versus a regular thinner framed OT 3PO.

It's funny they made such a big deal of Hamill and Fisher being put on diets for the ST but they let a chubbier Anthony Daniels in without an issue.:lol

Yeah, with two years since the reveal fast approaching and six months gone since HT R2 shipped, I guess this one is either in HT limbo along with Power Droid, ROTJ stormie and the Falcon cockpit, or maybe they are waiting to have the ship date fall closer to Ep IX. R2 went up for PO over a year ago - you'd think sometime around then would have been the time to put this guy up if it was gonna happen.

What killed this might have been the association with TFA. HT got a surprising number of shelf warmers out of the TFA line, and it seems like they scaled TLJ stuff back to just the leads - the Praetorian was about the only ambitious release.

Oh I see. Thanks for the answer. I didn't know that the TFA line wasn't selling well. I have not been following it because I'm only interested in the original trilogy. I did buy the TFA R2D2 because the look is very similar to the original.

Honestly pretty happy with the sideshow version, so the only way I'd get a HT one: metal parts

Same here. I'm happy with both my SSC ANH C-3PO and R2. If I didn't have either, then I'd go for the HT one with metal parts, but being that I already have the SSC ones, I didn't (with R2) and wouldn't (with 3PO) see the urgent need to have to sell them at a likely discount just to have a couple of metal components.

Im tempted to buy the Hot Toys R2-D2, but the Sideshow price point is tempting. Also, seeing as how SSC has r2-d2 and c-3po coming out together around the same time, they are tempting.

I do prefer the diecast possibility though.

has there been any word on when HT will be doing c-3po?

Ok... Is THIS the long-awaited HT ANH Threepio??? :dunno

42864309_10155785331302344_8771538926105001984_o.jpg

Back