1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up with the stand on this one (especially compared to Nightmare, etc.) - the base has a removeable cardboard topper. Almost as if they had something special planned, but then didn't carry through.

Finally, I got to see this in person, on display at the shop which specializes on early stocks. IMO I was right when I said before that this figure demands to be seen in person to be appreciated. It just hard to take enticing pictures of this unlike the regular armor, but in person the black armor is just breathtaking. It's lovely. It's the same undersuit alright, but the contrast with the black chrome paint is terrific. I just can't decide which one I can recommend more. If you can buy both, get both. One is movie-accurate, while the other is just simply beautiful. I'm happy I decided to keep my pre-order :)

My only wish is that HT gave this the same stand as the other BvS figures. Speaking of which...

What's up with the stand on this one (especially compared to Nightmare, etc.) - the base has a removeable cardboard topper. Almost as if they had something special planned, but then didn't carry through.

That's HT's DYNAMIC STAND for you. The diamond-shaped base was originally packaged with the bendable pole for dynamic/flying poses. The same stand and pole was packaged with Spidey 2 and Blue Stealth Mark III as well. The cardboard top is removable for customization. With Armored Bats though, which is not as poseable as those 2 figures, a large base is not required.

Finally, I got to see this in person, on display at the shop which specializes on early stocks. IMO I was right when I said before that this figure demands to be seen in person to be appreciated. It just hard to take enticing pictures of this unlike the regular armor, but in person the black armor is just breathtaking. It's lovely. It's the same undersuit alright, but the contrast with the black chrome paint is terrific. I just can't decide which one I can recommend more. If you can buy both, get both. One is movie-accurate, while the other is just simply beautiful. I'm happy I decided to keep my pre-order :)

My only wish is that HT gave this the same stand as the other BvS figures. Speaking of which...

That's HT's DYNAMIC STAND for you. The diamond-shaped base was originally packaged with the bendable pole for dynamic/flying poses. The same stand and pole was packaged with Spidey 2 and Blue Stealth Mark III as well. The cardboard top is removable for customization. With Armored Bats though, which is not as poseable as those 2 figures, a large base is not required.

Really glad it made such an impression on you. I'm even more excited to get this figure now, hopefully in December. I agree on the crappy base but I don't plan to display him on it anyway.

Really glad it made such an impression on you. I'm even more excited to get this figure now, hopefully in December. I agree on the crappy base but I don't plan to display him on it anyway.

Yeah. With the regular version now getting harder to find, this figure would follow suit soon. Once people see more pics of this or in-hand, those who missed out on the first version might also look for this one.

Bats1.jpgBats2.jpg

Using the Knightmare stand for now.

That's a cool looking base. Though I have the entire BvS line (sans BC Armored Bats), so I'd like to have all the bases be consistent.

I think that last pic is my fave of this figure so far. I might copy that pose when I finally get mine.

Is there any way to get those Stoney stands without going through facebook? I don't have an account.

Is it supposed to be white underneath some if th0se lines or is it lighting?

It looks horrible with a flash. It looks great in person where the white is providing highlights. I deleted all the pictures I took with a flash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dude, Stoney's Stands is the way to go In my opinion.

Who sells these bases?? I think it looks incredible and the stand with this figure is my only complaint with it right now so this would solve a huge problem for me!

I'm really on the fence with this figure, some pictures make him look awesome while others make him look a little plasticky.

Plus he doesn't seem to look quite as shiney and chrome as the prototype.

I'm really on the fence with this figure, some pictures make him look awesome while others make him look a little plasticky.

It baffles me how people are still talking/complaining about the chrome level on this figure. We have known about this since some of the first convention photos came out. Not to mention, if they had marketed this figure as just black edition, the same exact people would be interested and have preordered it. you wanted the suit black instead of grey. I get that people were expecting more chrome since that's what it's called, but there are a lot of complaining on Facebook over "shininess" and I think at this point it's getting ridiculous. If it's that big of a deal, call sideshow, cry false advertising and ask for a regular version as a replacement or a refund.

It baffles me how people are still talking/complaining about the chrome level on this figure. We have known about this since some of the first convention photos came out. Not to mention, if they had marketed this figure as just black edition, the same exact people would be interested and have preordered it. you wanted the suit black instead of grey. I get that people were expecting more chrome since that's what it's called, but there are a lot of complaining on Facebook over "shininess" and I think at this point it's getting ridiculous. If it's that big of a deal, call sideshow, cry false advertising and ask for a regular version as a replacement or a refund.

To be fair I never saw the convention pictures, I've only became interested in this recently, it says chrome, it should be chrome.

I may be in a minority but I prefer the final version to the proto shown in the pics on the first page here. I thought it was a little to shiny.

I was on the fence too and now that I have it in hand I can say, it is surely nice, it looks very elegant, BUT you are missing nothing IMHO and surely don't need both. Regular is a great figure!

Back