1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What?! I just got off the phone with Elisse and they said they didn't have any in-stock. This is BS! I even got an email saying the same.

Thank you for reaching out to Sideshow's Support Team, by phone! TheArmored Batman (Black Chrome) Sixth Scale Figure is estimated to ship sometime between Nov 2016;however, at this time we have not yet received further information from HotToys as to when in Nov 2016 it will be arriving.

Anemail will be sent once the item is in our warehouse and available for shipping,with the exact ship cost and the date of when we will be processing your order.

Please reply if further support is needed!
Best Regards,

Just got my shipping notification... third Batman from this line is on the way. Score!

The figure does look really good in that video. The scratches and knicks on his torso actually look a little more muted than I have seen in other photos, but the scratches on the sculpt still look a little too pronounced for my personal liking. I don't have it in hand as I mentioned, so I'm not sure if even that video is doing the sculpt justice by causing them to look a bit more embellished than what they actually are in hand. The white paint separating the armor pieces actually doesn't look all that bad to me and never has even in pictures I've seen. It's more the scratches on the actual armor that have seemed a bit too emphasized to me. As mentioned though, they look a lot more muted in that video.

A lot of people, including Optibotimus in that video, claim that the BC's screen accuracy is that the BC causes it to have a nice wet shine that emulates the way the armor looked during the fight sequence in the rain. Which I would absolutely agree with and is what makes it look cool to me. However, I wouldn't consider the way a suit looks in various lightings in a film as being screen accuracy. Screen accurate to me is what the suit actually looks like that was worn. To get a better idea of what it actually looks like, I think you'd actually have to look at behind the scenes or filming photos. Lighting, tones and effects in a film can all change from scene to scene, whereas the actual color of a suit always stays constant.

You take really good pictures though, so I'm sure your pictures of the BC figure once you receive it will look marvelous and the figure will look utterly stunning. :duff

Thanks for the props, I'll definitely try to take some good pics on this guy.
As far as screen accuracy, I normally pick and choose what I like. Normally, I do prefer what I really see on screen, that's why I repainted my MOS.
HT was actually close, cause I've seen many behind the scenes where the MOS suit looked like the HT stock, but Snyder loves to use heavy filtering on his movie, so I had to repaint mine.

I actually disagree with him about BC being more screen accurate, his suit never really looked completely black, except on some few scenes, where its completely dark, where batman is a silhouette, cause I think that's more of a dramatic effect scene highlighting batman's eyes all lit up in the dark.
But on most of the scene, you can tell its a silvery costume.
My nitpick though on the regular, is that I wish it would have been darker. That was my concern picking the regular...I think more than likely, there's a big chance I would do some black wash on the figure to make it a little darker.
But on the black chrome, I would leave it as is.

But like you said, you really cant go wrong with either one. They both look amazing.

As far as screen accuracy goes I feel this one is close enough to mimic that one scene in the rain. The regular version is still obviously the one to get for true accuracy but it's not like the BC is a total departure from what was seen.

These figures for me have a life beyond what was in a movie. It's a really cool looking figure in its own right, as is the regular version I might add.

What?! I just got off the phone with Elisse and they said they didn't have any in-stock. This is BS! I even got an email saying the same.

Thank you for reaching out to Sideshow's Support Team, by phone! TheArmored Batman (Black Chrome) Sixth Scale Figure is estimated to ship sometime between Nov 2016;however, at this time we have not yet received further information from HotToys as to when in Nov 2016 it will be arriving.

Anemail will be sent once the item is in our warehouse and available for shipping,with the exact ship cost and the date of when we will be processing your order.

Please reply if further support is needed!
Best Regards,

Did you get the 2 weeks email notification from Sideshow?
If you didnt, it makes sense, cause when the figure is released for the first time, they usually receive a batch at a time.
So the ones who got the notice are guaranteed to get theirs as it arrives in the warehouse, and most people would get the next batch.

Did you get the 2 weeks email notification from Sideshow?
If you didnt, it makes sense, cause when the figure is released for the first time, they usually receive a batch at a time.
So the ones who got the notice are guaranteed to get theirs as it arrives in the warehouse, and most people would get the next batch.

Yup I did. I've gotten it twice a matter of fact. Once for the 1st batch they got a few weeks ago and for the one today. So frustrating, I'm eager to have a new figure.

That is strange indeed. Sounds like there's a screwup somewhere on their end.
I've always received a tracking every single time I got charged.
Granted sometimes, I dont get the tracking number til later in the day.

Thanks for the props, I'll definitely try to take some good pics on this guy.
As far as screen accuracy, I normally pick and choose what I like. Normally, I do prefer what I really see on screen, that's why I repainted my MOS.
HT was actually close, cause I've seen many behind the scenes where the MOS suit looked like the HT stock, but Snyder loves to use heavy filtering on his movie, so I had to repaint mine.

I actually disagree with him about BC being more screen accurate, his suit never really looked completely black, except on some few scenes, where its completely dark, where batman is a silhouette, cause I think that's more of a dramatic effect scene highlighting batman's eyes all lit up in the dark.
But on most of the scene, you can tell its a silvery costume.
My nitpick though on the regular, is that I wish it would have been darker. That was my concern picking the regular...I think more than likely, there's a big chance I would do some black wash on the figure to make it a little darker.
But on the black chrome, I would leave it as is.

But like you said, you really cant go wrong with either one. They both look amazing.

No problem. :hi5:

Yeah, ultimately when it comes down to it it's what you like, not what others like, regardless if it's screen accurate or not. I can understand why some prefer the suits on their figures to look how they translated on screen under various lighting and effects, especially if that person is attempting to recreate a look from a specific scene. I myself consider screen accurate to be what the actual color of the costume is, since that's always constant as I mentioned.

The MoS Supes figure like you said is an excellent example. HT actually wasn't too far off with the coloring because under normal lighting, the actual color of the costume would look like this:

man-of-steel-superman-costume-101.JPG

Which I feel is actually pretty darn close on the figure. I used to think the red of the boots and the cape was too bright, but it's actually not too far off.

Watching the rain sequence again, I actually agree that the armored suit didn't look completely black in the rain; however, I still think the BC is a good figure to go with if you do want to go for that specific look. I can see why one would go for the BC one if that's what they were attempting to do.

As a side note, I absolutely love Batman's smirk and goading statement of "Well, here I am" in reference to him shining his signal in the sky after Superman earlier warned him not to. Kind of like I'm still shining my signal in the sky, what are you gonna do about it? :lol

So I'm a PO a little more now. I called again to ask why I was skipped once more and when they checked they said it was due to the fact that I went from Flex-pay to one payment. Now I could totally understand if I was the one to do so but SSC sent me an email about a month and a half ago asking if I want to change to one final payment! Now I'm stuck in a loop of the waiting game. So frustrating and not seeing why or how this has happened to me three times already. Now I know to expect an even longer wait for my Deadpool figure.

Found another video of the Black Chrome Batman.
No idea what he is saying...but whatever reservations I have about the figure is starding to dwindle.

Oh man. I didnt get much sleep last night. After getting my 2 weeks email notification, I have decided that I was gonna cancel my order.
But I couldnt get myself to cancel it last night. Kept checking my account to see if Sideshow have charged me yet, and each time, I hover over my order's cancel button.
When thinking about keeping the order, I also couldnt decide between this or the regular. Spent most of the night looking at youtube videos of reviews.
I saw, they finally charged my account. I still cant decide whether I like this or regular. :gah:

It was tough cause personally, judging strictly on appearance, I do love the black chrome better, but the regular is the real costume.
Oh well, I guess I can decide when I receive the figure, I can always sell it and try to pick the regular if I change my mind. But at least I need to see this in hand to make the decision. Had I gone with the regular, I'm sure I would have had doubts also and wonder if I should have bought the black chrome.

Damn you Hot Toys!!! Why did you have to have all the BvS line amazing!!! lol.

I feel you, man. I had thought of selling my pre-order to someone as I thought I no longer need it since I was really impressed with the regular, but once I saw this in person I was amazed. Like I said before, it's one of those figures that need to be seen in person for full appreciation -- it's just hard to take convincing photos of this figure. In hand the black paint is elegantly beautiful. I also thought that the scratches on the sculpt look rather unnatural on it compared to regular, but in person it doesn't bother me at all. After seeing it on display I decided to keep the figure. Having only a few slots available in our country made me think that I could easily sell it anyway should the need arise :)

I never noticed that the belt is BC as well.

Noticed that on Optobotimus' video...Wasnt sure what to think of it at first. At first, was hoping it was gold like the regular.
But the whole black chrome thing is growing on me.
This should have been called the Stealth Armored Batman.

I feel you, man. I had thought of selling my pre-order to someone as I thought I no longer need it since I was really impressed with the regular, but once I saw this in person I was amazed. Like I said before, it's one of those figures that need to be seen in person for full appreciation -- it's just hard to take convincing photos of this figure. In hand the black paint is elegantly beautiful. I also thought that the scratches on the sculpt look rather unnatural on it compared to regular, but in person it doesn't bother me at all. After seeing it on display I decided to keep the figure. Having only a few slots available in our country made me think that I could easily sell it anyway should the need arise :)

Thanks man. Very glad to hear it coming from someone who have seen it in person. And someone who was in the same dilemma.
I am glad now I didnt cancel the order. :hi5:

Just saw I finally have tracking. :)

I cancelled my PO and went ahead and got the regular through BBTS. I'd like to have both but I personally preferred the movie look version over the chrome.

Happy for those who will have either version or both in their collection.

So I'm a PO a little more now. I called again to ask why I was skipped once more and when they checked they said it was due to the fact that I went from Flex-pay to one payment. Now I could totally understand if I was the one to do so but SSC sent me an email about a month and a half ago asking if I want to change to one final payment! Now I'm stuck in a loop of the waiting game. So frustrating and not seeing why or how this has happened to me three times already. Now I know to expect an even longer wait for my Deadpool figure.

I think its just bad luck, I had mine on flex and switched it over to one pay last month and it shipped today. Dont know if it makes a difference but I switched it on my own I didnt receive a email asking if I wanted to.

:offtopic:Will be on the "for sale section" if any member is interested, will receive it tomorrow and can ship tomorrow, will remain unopened. If anyone is interested hit me up, in case anyone is local to the I.E. (california) pick up is available. :offtopic:

Noticed that on Optobotimus' video...Wasnt sure what to think of it at first. At first, was hoping it was gold like the regular.
But the whole black chrome thing is growing on me.
This should have been called the Stealth Armored Batman.

I think that would have been a more fitting name.

Found another video of the Black Chrome Batman.
No idea what he is saying...but whatever reservations I have about the figure is starding to dwindle.

Cool find, its been frustrating trying to find videos of this figure outside of Optibotimus excellent review. He showed the figure off pretty well in this video, looked to be comparing against an Iron Man figure some of the time. Wonder what he was saying :lol

Back