1/6 Hot Toys-BvS: DOJ-1/6th Scale Armored Batman (Black Chrome Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm honestly surprised SS still has these without the wait list since the normal armored version went on a waitlist last Friday I believe. Figured the Black Chrome would sell out faster than the normal since IMO it looks a bit cooler. But I would assume within the next week or two it will go to a wait list.
I thinks people just wanted an armored Batman soon. I preordered him as soon as he was announced and was close to ordering the regular in the meantime, but I like the Black Chrome one so much more that I just decide to wait it out.

Looking forward to seeing some more reactions to this before mine turns up. All seems to have been positive so far apart from articulation but we knew that wasn't going to be great anyway.

Surprised it hasn't WL , too. Probably because alot of people ordered the regular first and didn't feel the need to get another version. It will sell out soon enough in any case

Love the regular armored Batman. Just ordered the chrome armored Batman with the latest $20 off coupon that came with my regular Batman. Yeah I'm surprised this hasn't gone on the WL too. Now to hunt down Knightmare Batman.

I think more people wanted the screen-accurate Regular version more to begin with, despite the debatable opinion by some that this looks to resemble the rain-soaked armor better. I don't think it's about wanting to have an Armored Batman on their shelves soon, as both versions came out only a month apart if I'm not mistaken. It's about wanting one more than the other particularly if the collector can't get both.

I think this version is also best seen in person to judge if it looks really cool, so maybe that's also what's keeping people from buying right away.

It looks like it's listed under Last Change Items, but I'm not sure because the format of that page changed so that a bunch of things are now on there....

Ugh. So frustrating. I was told by email that I'd have my Armored Bats processed and shipped yesterday. Now they're saying it's been pushed back by two weeks. What a freaking tease!

Call them and ask them to bill you early if you're on a payment plan. Otherwise you probably won't get it for a month. That's what I did on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've already paid it off. They took my money as soon as I pre-ordered, first time that has happened.

I've already paid it off. They took my money as soon as I pre-ordered, first time that has happened.

Really!? That's interesting that they took payment upfront. Every hot toy I've ever preorded from them they don't take the payment until the day it ships.

That's odd. I must have ordered roughly 50 figures from SSC and not once have they ever done that with me. Not saying that they didn't do it to you, but as kgphil said, the standard is that they don't collect the entire payment or the final payment (if you're on flex pay) until the figure reaches their warehouse.

I occasionally pay for figures up front, either through PayPal or with Sideshow giftcards. It's nice because then I never have to worry about the release schedule getting moved around and suddenly being charged for 5-6 figures in a single month (which actually happened last fall).

The odd downside is that I don't get any notices until it actually ships. I have no idea that figures are coming until a few days before they arrive at my door.

I occasionally pay for figures up front, either through PayPal or with Sideshow giftcards. It's nice because then I never have to worry about the release schedule getting moved around and suddenly being charged for 5-6 figures in a single month (which actually happened last fall).

The odd downside is that I don't get any notices until it actually ships. I have no idea that figures are coming until a few days before they arrive at my door.

That's what I did. This was the first time I pre-ordered with PayPal. It worked out great because I have so many pre-orders pushed back and they're all being shipped around the same time so i won't get bombarded with payments all at once. I didn't know they didn't send out any notifications though. I emailed them and they said it should be shipped out today, so go figure.

SS Chat rep told me that all of the stock is depleted and the next shipment will be ready by 11/8.

Back