1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because something is showcased doesn't guarantee it'll go up for PO.

Unfortunately, this is true. I'm holding out on the BVS one hoping the the solo film version will go up, but if it doesn't I feel pretty confident they will at least do the JL one. The BVS wonder woman won't be the last shot at the character, but seeing these pics make it hard not to just grab this one so I can have her sooner rather than later.

My trinity finally completed:):blissy

37061723822_43c95e44d8_b.jpg

Best trio picture and posing on here, you are winning!

Unfortunately, this is true. I'm holding out on the BVS one hoping the the solo film version will go up, but if it doesn't I feel pretty confident they will at least do the JL one. The BVS wonder woman won't be the last shot at the character, but seeing these pics make it hard not to just grab this one so I can have her sooner rather than later.

Why wouldn't the do the solo movie version though? With her current popularity it would be throwing money away not to release the figure.

Isn't the sword and shield different as well as the addition of the cloak?

Why wouldn't the do the solo movie version though? With her current popularity it would be throwing money away not to release the figure.

Isn't the sword and shield different as well as the addition of the cloak?

I see no reason why they wouldn't, and I am betting on the fact they will and passing on the BvS version, so I agree. I just also agree with SilverStar that Just because something is showcased doesn't guarantee it'll go up for PO. There have been products they teased before that didn't make it to production. But it certainly seems like a no brainer release to me for Hot Toys though, but you never know, and I am not sure about the timing of when what will come out when. My guess is they don't want to compete too much with themselves and have both the solo version and JL version out at the same time; and we still have to see how long it takes for the BvS version to sell out. So, who knows for sure how and when things will role out and what might happen as things go along?

I see no reason why they wouldn't, and I am betting on the fact they will and passing on the BvS version, so I agree. I just also agree with SilverStar that Just because something is showcased doesn't guarantee it'll go up for PO. There have been products they teased before that didn't make it to production. But it certainly seems like a no brainer release to me for Hot Toys though, but you never know, and I am not sure about the timing of when what will come out when. My guess is they don't want to compete too much with themselves and have both the solo version and JL version out at the same time; and we still have to see how long it takes for the BvS version to sell out. So, who knows for sure how and when things will role out and what might happen as things go along?

Good points, I wouldn't take the production of any figure for granted. I personally can't wait to get my BvS version and the next regular armour I get would likely be for JL but I'm sure many collectors would rather have a figure from her own movie instead of team up's or movies they don't care for. I think all three versions would sell pretty well and satisfy the majority of collectors.

I'm still hoping we get this version to.
tumblr_oq9dmgObNT1vsd1kxo2_540.gif

Does anyone know where to buy an extra clip like that goes on the pole with Wonder Woman. I tried to search on eBay but I don't seem to be able to find just the clip without buying another stand. I just want the waist clip
Thank you for any info

Make no mistake, I hope they do the WW version as well.

The JL WW is all but guaranteed, but I'm not so sure about the WW version. They may do the WW version, but I don't see it being done any time soon because I think that will be too many WW's in too short of time. Like you said, they'd be in some hefty competition with themselves to the point where you could ask the question if they would potentially be leaving money on the table by actually releasing the WW version right now, which would cut into the sales of the BvS and JL version. The TA version from WW is the one that seemed more like the no brainer to me, being that it's a totally different outfit. Wouldn't cut into sales of BvS or JL.

If you want a WW right now, I'd go for this one. The JL outfit appears to be the exact same as the BvS outfit and I don't see what kind of vast improvements they can make to the actual body itself. The biggest thing the JL figure will boast is probably the newly fabricated sculpt and maybe a die-cast sword and shield, and of course, a different base.

If you get this figure, you'll have a WW right now and then you can simply pick up a parted out JL sculpt later on and put it on this figure. If you despised the film (BvS), you could always just display her on a general oval base with a crotch grabber as opposed to the actual BvS base. That way there's no vestige of the film for you.

Although if your heart is set on the WW version and you truly believe it will make it to PO, then I would wait. Just me personally, I wouldn't hold my breath on it. I hope I'm wrong though.

Nice shot of the JL sculpt. You can clearly see it's a wig.
3d4bf15e572399a13512a8a2f11b7284.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Nice shot of the JL sculpt. You can clearly see it's a wig.

...so, who knows what we will actually get with the JL Wonder Woman (or even a WW solo figure) in terms of head sculpt. My guess is the JL one will be completely new even from this re-purposed one showcased using a wig on the training version sculpt.

Make no mistake, I hope they do the WW version as well.

The JL WW is all but guaranteed, but I'm not so sure about the WW version. They may do the WW version, but I don't see it being done any time soon because I think that will be too many WW's in too short of time. Like you said, they'd be in some hefty competition with themselves to the point where you could ask the question if they would potentially be leaving money on the table by actually releasing the WW version right now, which would cut into the sales of the BvS and JL version. The TA version from WW is the one that seemed more like the no brainer to me, being that it's a totally different outfit. Wouldn't cut into sales of BvS or JL.

If you want a WW right now, I'd go for this one. The JL outfit appears to be the exact same as the BvS outfit and I don't see what kind of vast improvements they can make to the actual body itself. The biggest thing the JL figure will boast is probably the newly fabricated sculpt and maybe a die-cast sword and shield, and of course, a different base.

If you get this figure, you'll have a WW right now and then you can simply pick up a parted out JL sculpt later on and put it on this figure. If you despised the film (BvS), you could always just display her on a general oval base with a crotch grabber as opposed to the actual BvS base. That way there's no vestige of the film for you.

Although if your heart is set on the WW version and you truly believe it will make it to PO, then I would wait. Just me personally, I wouldn't hold my breath on it. I hope I'm wrong though.

All great points SilverStar, thanks! I am tempted to get the BvS version right now for those very reasons; but being able to get it NOW, really is the biggest part of the temptation because I would love to have her on my shelf right now. I have learned to be patient over the years in my collecting when it makes sense though. I think you are right though that the window for the solo movie version could be pushed to much later to make room for a JL version that comes out along with the other JL figures. If that happens, who knows when and if they get back to the solo version. But, knowing there is at least a JL figure that is more certain to be coming gives me a bit of courage to play chicken with BvS release and wait as long as possible to see if we hear anything about a solo version before I decide if I want to wait on it or just get the BvS one. So I can afford to wait as long as possible to decide because even if I wait too long, I know I have a real good chance of getting another version not to far down the line. Still, I already have a plan where I would put her on my shelves, so who knows I could just say screw it and get the BvS one right now instead. :rotfl In a way there isn't a "bad" choice here when trying to decide what to do; which is nice because Im not really stressed as I weigh my options because I think any of these versions in the end will likely look great. Thanks again for your thought out replay, you made great points.

I usually let my budget/wallet decide if I can afford to be patient or not. With this one not having a good sculpt, I am personally waiting.

Either way, you decide!

All great points SilverStar, thanks! I am tempted to get the BvS version right now for those very reasons; but being able to get it NOW, really is the biggest part of the temptation because I would love to have her on my shelf right now. I have learned to be patient over the years in my collecting when it makes sense though. I think you are right though that the window for the solo movie version could be pushed to much later to make room for a JL version that comes out along with the other JL figures. If that happens, who knows when and if they get back to the solo version. But, knowing there is at least a JL figure that is more certain to be coming gives me a bit of courage to play chicken with BvS release and wait as long as possible to see if we hear anything about a solo version before I decide if I want to wait on it or just get the BvS one. So I can afford to wait as long as possible to decide because even if I wait too long, I know I have a real good chance of getting another version not to far down the line. Still, I already have a plan where I would put her on my shelves, so who knows I could just say screw it and get the BvS one right now instead. :rotfl In a way there isn't a "bad" choice here when trying to decide what to do; which is nice because Im not really stressed as I weigh my options because I think any of these versions in the end will likely look great. Thanks again for your thought out replay, you made great points.

No worries! :duff

Like you said, I don't think you can go wrong really with any version, including a potential WW version. The biggest difference between at least the BvS and JL versions I think will be the sculpt. If you don't mind waiting though, may as well just try and wait as long as you can and if they release the JL version before a WW version, just go with the JL one. However, if you want a WW right now, I don't think there'd be any downside to just getting the BvS version and simply upgrading parts (sculpt and potentially shield and sword) as future ones release.

Although it's possible they may remedy the butt cheek peek with the skirt on future versions. Unless you know, that's actually a good thing to you. :lol

Ok, I'm actually glad that SSC inspected my replacement I'm very pleased with it. I think HT is working better with the overall sculpt I'm seeing in this second run more detail in her eyes and the hair seems softer with less frilliness to the locks.

Straight out of the box, barely any futzing shots. I will also say the shoulders have definitely been reconstructed to adhere less tightness in preventing the crease problem

I think i'll just do some minor styling but TBH, I don't think she really needs it

I think the Amazon, JL and Solo cloaked versions are going to be beautiful because I think HT is on the right track with the second run of this version :clap

No worries! :duff

Like you said, I don't think you can go wrong really with any version, including a potential WW version. The biggest difference between at least the BvS and JL versions I think will be the sculpt. If you don't mind waiting though, may as well just try and wait as long as you can and if they release the JL version before a WW version, just go with the JL one. However, if you want a WW right now, I don't think there'd be any downside to just getting the BvS version and simply upgrading parts (sculpt and potentially shield and sword) as future ones release.

Although it's possible they may remedy the butt cheek peek with the skirt on future versions. Unless you know, that's actually a good thing to you. :lol

well... lol, now I can't help but picturing a little Superman on one shoulder and a little Batman on the other trying to sway us all one way or the other...
:angelsmil:dunno:devil

UNRealtoys does it again

Ok, I'm actually glad that SSC inspected my replacement I'm very pleased with it. I think HT is working better with the overall sculpt I'm seeing in this second run more detail in her eyes and the hair seems softer with less frilliness to the locks.

Straight out of the box, barely any futzing shots. I will also say the shoulders have definitely been reconstructed to adhere less tightness in preventing the crease problem

I think i'll just do some minor styling but TBH, I don't think she really needs it

I think the Amazon, JL and Solo cloaked versions are going to be beautiful because I think HT is on the right track with the second run of this version :clap

Great pics! Very excited for this! I have to have this now. I could do without the WW MV figure but I'll deff buy the JLA version. Especially if I don't have any other figures I want for a year or 2 and I can focus on buying all the JLA figures I be completely okay with that. I also may consider retiring after that, well let me see how bens solo movie turns out ;)

Back