1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, why does it take so long to arrive in the UK? You're closer to China!!!! You'd think it would be delivered faster.

My Wonder Woman from sideshow has been listed as "payment processing" for a week now. With all payments marked as PAID on the order. I never flex paid. I live chatted with them on Wednesday & they said it'd be shipped within 24hrs.
Obviously never happened, anyone else have any experience of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the best way to go about fixing or styling the hair for someone with limited skill set:lol

Don't touch it or use any product on it. After a few days it will correct itself. Go back a few post and look at the link I post. There is zero product in the hair.

I'm pretty pleased with the figure, though I tend to pose mine in museum or closed-to-museum poses anyway.

The likeness is fairly weak - reminds me of some of the ScarJo Black Widow likenesses; a bit of a blank stare/lack of focus in the eyes and the slightly open mouth just doesn't quite click.

On the other hand, I just re-watched the Wonder Woman solo movie for the 4th time and one thing that strikes me is that Gal's face looks SO different across scenes and angles. The scene at the very end of the movie where she jumps off the roof, if shown in isolation, I would not even think it was Gal (maybe just poor CGI?).

That being said, I absolutely love how she looks in my display case - 90% of that is probably the costume as it just really pops.

My only other complaint is the rubber sword. Yuck. I also collect knight figures from Ignite that have real metal swords and the difference is pretty dramatic. If Captain America can have a metal shield and Thor can have a metal hammer, surely Wonder Woman could have had a metal sword.

None of the flaws are a deal breaker to me, but there really are some flaws in the release that are difficult to dispute - comes down to how much they bother someone vs. the good elements of the figure. I received Dr. Strange a week before Wonder Woman and that was a release done right on pretty much every dimension (likeness, tailoring, articulation, accessories) - purely as a collectible, I don't think Wonder Woman can compare to a release like that, but I will cut Hot Toys at least a little slack in that I do think Diana posed some additional challenges.

Don't know if this was already posted but here is a fix for her skirt did it to mine and it worked like a charm !https://youtu.be/rMTdDkq7zQ8 IMG_5010.JPG

Finally got mine! She sits on my desk for now, can't wait to do some better pics with her. I was trying to pose her and her hair got out of control!

36258466574_cd8d1a5a04_b.jpg
[/url]

36258467514_880047d1ee_b.jpg
[/url]

Did you just wash her hair with shampoo & conditioner to get this look? I think I'd like to tone down the curls in her hair when I get mine.

(Well, IF I get mine. Still holding out hope that HT will release the cloak version they showed at Comic Con)

Yeah it REALLY grew on me. I was at first disappointed the HTS sculpt was so similar to the Knock-off. But after a few days I noticed all the fine details that HTS put into the sculpt and was impressed/flabbergasted lol!!!! I guess I was so locked into what they'd done with their previous female figures, it took me a while to understand and appreciate/admire the new things they created with Wonder Woman. As I've said about HTS BEFORE-CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY DO NEXT!!!!

That's the spirit that has you buying every HT figure since IM2. :lol :hi5:

That's the spirit that has you buying every HT figure since IM2. :lol :hi5:

It's true (good or bad); ur right. I've been collecting for a looooong time now, and I've never seen (outside custom artists) work as intricate and near perfect as HTS. Having one is like listening to one of your favorite songs for the millionth time and (while listening) hearing something new in it for the first time. Does that make sense?!?! And I was so accustomed to the short, little girl-like, frail bodies made for CW, BW and SW-when I saw how massive/sturdy the WW body is I was thrown off guard. I love HTS-no shame about it!!!!

Did you just wash her hair with shampoo & conditioner to get this look? I think I'd like to tone down the curls in her hair when I get mine.

(Well, IF I get mine. Still holding out hope that HT will release the cloak version they showed at Comic Con)

No, like I said before, I just used a cotton swab, soaked with just water to brush her hair down and curled it at the end.

Yeah it REALLY grew on me. I was at first disappointed the HTS sculpt was so similar to the Knock-off. But after a few days I noticed all the fine details that HTS put into the sculpt and was impressed/flabbergasted lol!!!! I guess I was so locked into what they'd done with their previous female figures, it took me a while to understand and appreciate/admire the new things they created with Wonder Woman. As I've said about HTS BEFORE-CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY DO NEXT!!!!

Well next up we already know the training armour version looks amazing if the production piece comes anywhere near the prototype they showed. Really looking forward to that one. I'm hoping for a regular armour version with sculpted hair at some point to.

I'm jealous of you all that have this figure and I'm still waiting. :lol

Well next up we already know the training armour version looks amazing if the production piece comes anywhere near the prototype they showed. Really looking forward to that one. I'm hoping for a regular armour version with sculpted hair at some point to.

I'm jealous of you all that have this figure and I'm still waiting. :lol
How much longer is your wait? It's an amazing 1/6 scale collectable figure but don't be jealous. We all went through it! Lol.

How much longer is your wait? It's an amazing 1/6 scale collectable figure but don't be jealous. We all went through it! Lol.

:lol no idea. Hopefully just a couple of weeks. The training armour version I'm getting from Hong kong retailer so that one should be much quicker at least.

Back