1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it REALLY grew on me. I was at first disappointed the HTS sculpt was so similar to the Knock-off. But after a few days I noticed all the fine details that HTS put into the sculpt and was impressed/flabbergasted lol!!!! I guess I was so locked into what they'd done with their previous female figures, it took me a while to understand and appreciate/admire the new things they created with Wonder Woman. As I've said about HTS BEFORE-CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY DO NEXT!!!!
That's a big turn around after all of your previous posts slamming Hot Toys and this figure. Curious. I'm glad you like the figure now, I'd hate to think you bought a figure you didn't like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got aggressive with hair gel and scissors as well.
IMG_0542.jpg

That looks perfect! There have been lots of nice pics in here, but so far you and Guyver have gotten the hair looking the most like how I want mine to look.

Well next up we already know the training armour version looks amazing if the production piece comes anywhere near the prototype they showed. Really looking forward to that one. I'm hoping for a regular armour version with sculpted hair at some point to.

I'm jealous of you all that have this figure and I'm still waiting. :lol

Don't worry, you're not the only one. Some of these guys have already gotten two or three of her it seems like, and yet we're still waiting on our first! :gah:

^ I'll feel that pain. I'm still awaiting mine. Supposedly coming sometime in mid to late September. :gah:

Sometimes, I want to say **** it, and give my entire collection away

Pre-ordered mine from BBTS (it's been so long I even forgot I did!) and I got my "shipped" email yesterday. It looks like it's on pre-order status on their site, so maybe that's for another batch?

That's a big turn around after all of your previous posts slamming Hot Toys and this figure. Curious. I'm glad you like the figure now, I'd hate to think you bought a figure you didn't like.

Thanks! Me to. With WW, I was initially unhappy with the sculpt. I thought it was too big. But in light of how WW is an amazon and HTS representation of that (and I'm 1000% OCD about my sculpts), the whole figure blossomed before my eyes during closer examination. Also the seamless body; costume et are spectacular so once I accepted the HS, I started loving it. These are links to on-going photo albums of my WW figure(s): https://myalbum.com/album/BvaWo6X8UzBk and https://myalbum.com/album/l3UXXR0OabKk. Please let me know what you think.

The breastplate sits far too low on her body, I hope they fix that for future releases, it's a glaring issue.

Thanks! Me to. With WW, I was initially unhappy with the sculpt. I thought it was too big. But in light of how WW is an amazon and HTS representation of that (and I'm 1000% OCD about my sculpts), the whole figure blossomed before my eyes during closer examination. Also the seamless body; costume et are spectacular so once I accepted the HS, I started loving it. These are links to on-going photo albums of my WW figure(s): https://myalbum.com/album/BvaWo6X8UzBk and https://myalbum.com/album/l3UXXR0OabKk. Please let me know what you think.

How do you insert a picture directly into a post? I can't figure it out and I'm having to use myalbum.com.

How do you insert a picture directly into a post? I can't figure it out and I'm having to use myalbum.com.
I'm using my phone to add pics to my posts, for some reason the link to your pics won't open for me.

Yeah it REALLY grew on me. I was at first disappointed the HTS sculpt was so similar to the Knock-off. But after a few days I noticed all the fine details that HTS put into the sculpt and was impressed/flabbergasted lol!!!! I guess I was so locked into what they'd done with their previous female figures, it took me a while to understand and appreciate/admire the new things they created with Wonder Woman. As I've said about HTS BEFORE-CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY DO NEXT!!!!

Glad you're liking it now mate. But I have to say, no knock off will be better than Hot Toys. Simply put because of the painting of the eyes, no one can match Hot Toys on the eyes, and without the eyes everything fails. I also love Hot Toys casting process with the paint bringing all of the individual skin values and tones - if you really want some impressive headsculpts by them check the Leto Joker one's, the paint app on them are phenomenal and the sculpt is crazy good.

Having to wait until October I think for the Wonder Woman in UK :(

When you're posting a reply look at the little symbols just above where you type, it's a square with a picture of a tree in it and four black squares on each corner - you can choose to paste a html of an IMG source from online into it or to go into your computer files (or phone files if you're doing it from a phone) and then click upload on that, it'll insert it as an image into the post for you mate :)

Nice pics by the way! :hi5:

when you're posting a reply look the the little symbol just above where you type, it's a square with a picture of a tree in it and four black squares on each corner - you can choose to paste a html of an IMG source from online into it or to go into your computer files (or phone files if you're doing it from a phone) and then click upload on that, it'll insert it as an image into the post for you mate :)

Nice pics by the way! :hi5:

20170910_094805.jpg20170910_094805.jpg20170910_094805.jpg Thanks man, so I followed your instructions (we will see if this works, I never have good experiences sharing pics. Also thanks for the compliments on the pics. Greatly appreciated. I 100% agree with you about the paint HTS uses for their figure's eyes. This one feature is to some, the single most important feature of a HTS sculpt. But IMHO it's not just the eyes, it's the overall paint work and how it realistically creates every aspect of a person's face in 1/6 scale. For example, I thought the first Scarlet Witch head sculpt was amazingly close to the actual HT (AOU). But while the Knock-off is very good, it doesn't have the 3/4 freckles on her cheeck like the HTS sculpt does. And the same is true of WW. The Knock-off is very close. It has completely flat eyes unless light hits them in a certain way. But it's the overall paint/skin texture detail to mouth; nose, cheeck bones et that (like always) makes the HTS stand out. And if you get into customizing figures-there is nothing better than a HTS head sculpt. Anyway, again I followed the instructions you gave me about adding a pic! Let's see if it works.

BrdIMGPnBPFE.jpgThis is a comparison pic of the HT vs the Knock-off (I turned my Knock-off into a Diana of Themyscira 1/6 figure). Maybe not the best comparison pic, but you can definitely see both the similarities and differences.

I really like exposing her ear a little..it brings out Gal IMO

Especially in different lighting with just a simple pose

Honestly too each its own for those who are chopping her hair even a little. I think it seems fine, I like it big and wavy

Back