1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics as always Remy, glad you agree the figure as a whole is a gem. I think when you style her hair it brings out Gadot as WW.

Just some more experimenting I did with some other accessories

Got her last Friday. I love it. She's stunning.
I know there's all these conversations about likeness. I have no issues with it, the likeness is soft, but
there's no doubt, when you see it, you see Gal.
I would compare this to HT Light armor Thor, it doesnt nail the actor, but you know it is Chris Hemsworth.

But the bottomline, the Wonderwoman sculpt is beautiful.
The new HT body is beautiful, you can tell when you see it that this is what took HT a long time to release the figure. As much as I hated the wait, it was worth it. The body is incredible.
The outfit also is spot on. Looks amazing!

My main nitpick is actually the shield and the sword. C'mon HT, when I look at the diecast Cap shield on the shelf next to this, it makes the WW shield look cheap. Still its a nitpick, and the detail on the sword and shield makes up for it. Just wish it was diecast.

Overall, when you look at the figure as a whole, as I said, she's stunning.
Finally, the trinity is complete.

oNe9p33.jpg

99Jcd7d.jpg

rjbqH2d.jpg

VBLrRdd.jpg

Congrats! Nice pictures. :duff

I share your sentiments as well. The sculpt could be better, but it's not horrible and you could definitely see Gal in it. I also wish the sword and the shield were die-cast, but the detail in each do make up for it.

She's home! Finally! Quick cell phone pics, no issues that I can see. This is straight out of the box, no futzing, only pushed her arms in some. First thoughts are it's a fantastic figure. The body is amazing, headsculpt we all know could be better. My wife thinks she looks like Inara from Firefly. Overall I'm glad to have her in the collection. Now back in the box she goes, due to a hurricane coming towards Florida.
0a0564cfbf1e23010fec2e92d0163abb.jpg
0766ccb154bda7104131f765b93fbde4.jpg
797ddf03940bc237e1ce7aafc30894f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow! Nice pictures Remy!

Thanks man. And congratulations on getting your wonderwoman. :hi5:

Great pics as always Remy, glad you agree the figure as a whole is a gem. I think when you style her hair it brings out Gadot as WW.

Thanks man.
Yes, I think the biggest thing you have to futz with the figure is the hair. Cause straight out of the box, it can look BARBIEish.
I spent a long time fixing her hair the Beauty Academy close to my house gave me a hair salon certificate. lol

But in all seriousness, yes...you have to put a great deal of time futzing the hair cause it makes a big difference.

Congrats! Nice pictures. :duff

I share your sentiments as well. The sculpt could be better, but it's not horrible and you could definitely see Gal in it. I also wish the sword and the shield were die-cast, but the detail in each do make up for it.

Thanks bud. :duff
Just glad that after all delay, the figure in hand is impressive and is worth the wait.

Upon further inspection mine has the exposed but cheek issue. How widespread is this?

Upon further inspection mine has the exposed but cheek issue. How widespread is this?

Similar question, what is the correct butt to skirt ratio or does my figure just have an LA face with an Oakland booty?

Yes, I think the biggest thing you have to futz with the figure is the hair. Cause straight out of the box, it can look BARBIEish.
I spent a long time fixing her hair the Beauty Academy close to my house gave me a hair salon certificate. lol

But in all seriousness, yes...you have to put a great deal of time futzing the hair cause it makes a big difference.

Thanks bud. :duff
Just glad that after all delay, the figure in hand is impressive and is worth the wait.

Yeah, the hair took awhile for me. I just used a screen grab from the film when they did the Trinity pose and tried to get it as close to that as possible, since that's the pose I went for with all three figures. Her hair falls in front of her left shoulder and falls behind her right shoulder.

When do we think the solo + cape version will go up for pre-order?

Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mine has a pretty good
tenor.gif
peek going on when you look at it from the side. However, I do have her thighs and her upper torso slightly angled forward so that way it looks like she's crouching a bit in a battle ready pose, which causes the rear flap of her skirt to push upward.

I'm so loving the photos! They motivate me to take more photos, unfortunately I need to go to work (gotta make money to [possibly] get that sword replica).

For those who asked, I actually used the long, flexible thing like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PJTOYS-A00...162758?hash=item2822d65186:g:RVIAAOSwo4pYCt9V

The flexible pipe thing can actually be used to substitute the original, non-flexible one that came with the base.

Also, about her butt, yeah, mine does show a bit, which is why I'm tempted to make her some boy shorts.

Q_z0RFWYPe6PcrzfhqHKAxbuy8fyQAd6Hi8Nfr3_urQEK-k-cnuevTD-C_ifqorwI3ICGG0XdOFU93o=w1366-h589-rw

Based on the The Art of Making of the Film book, it looks like there's either a pair of missing panels or shorts.

(But then again, this is for the Wonder Woman movie, not BvS, so maybe there are differences?)

Jj0y7-eaVDPSif2hgy5gk_7CJyU0orTNGGIuz0KM18MfhiDiouC8rA4LEo4z60o0eRh0brlO9IwMuBI=w1366-h589-rw

Apparently, my Barbie Wonder Woman also has those two slits on the back, although narrower.

Got mine yesterday afternoon. She looks GREAT!

Haven't posed her next to my BvS Superman yet. Maybe this weekend.

Whenever I get the space and set up, I want to have my DCEU characters faced off against my MCU characters.

Mine is scheduled to arrive by end of the day on Wednesday.

I honestly don't know if I'm going to de-box given the sporadic issues with her. Contemplating just keeping it as is and go the custom/replica route that'll follow and/or order the JL version.

I'm not delusional to the point of convincing myself she is ideal/perfect given the design/quality issues.

f4d2434c211f1fbcabd7c5ef777804bd.jpg
finally able to break her out of the plastic cocoon after midnight when I got home from work. Amazing in hand. Pics don't do this figure any justice. At least not my pictures. Sorry for the crappy one I will share and the not so futzed pose but had to share.
2d1fa54a2f174dcfd23c9133fdfeb897.jpg

Received mine yesterday as well, only had time for a quick cell pic.

20170905_192130-.jpg

Back