1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone did a comparison..

View attachment 345533

Not an apples to apples comparison, because one is a professional shot of a prototype, the other is an unprofessional shot in bad lighting, possibly with lens distortion, of what seems to be a production figure. But it does seem as if the facial structure is different. And the BVS one seems to have less intensity, as per the prototype.

Looks like HT starting to make a HS that show more expression rather the usual neutral one

and here I'm wondering will they make a smiling HS of her, since she is smiling alot in her movie

Looks like HT starting to make a HS that show more expression rather the usual neutral one
and here I'm wondering will they make a smiling HS of her, since she is smiling alot in her movie

When she smiles in the movie, it melted my heart..!!!!!
:thud:

When she smiles in the movie, it melted my heart..!!!!!
:thud:

and yea, eventhough the sculpt on her training armor is great, but as far as I remember, she shows more relaxed and innocent expression on the scenes when she's wearing that outfit

and yea, eventhough the sculpt on her training armor is great, but as far as I remember, she shows more relaxed and innocent expression on the scenes when she's wearing that outfit

:D
ww-gal-gadot.jpg

I can't believe if they already made the armor sculpt why didn't they take the extra delay time to use this idea on the BVS version :gah:

Maybe it's needs abit of frowning.. Hahaha..
d35b815135fdd99653034d8d19039dcb.jpg

IKR..all they had to do was make the eyebrows angry. Did Hong not pay attention to the movie..when she was in this outfit during BVS all she did was make this angry look...

Can't believe all this time delayed , the one thing that matters, they forgot to add :slap

I wonder though is the final training armor sculpt really going to come out as good as the proto :dunno

Okay Hot Toys come on now we need this Wonder Woman figure STAT. I know it takes time to make these things but come on now I me some Gal Gadot Wonder Woman. Surely she will be release this summer one can only hope. I do hope we get something a bit different with the Wonder Woman movie version because the Amazon one looks really nice. I too wish they would do more sculpted hair on the female figures especially her.

Surely she will be release this summer one can only hope.

From HT:
Hot Toys would like to sincerely thank you everyone for your patience and support as we announce today the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 1/6th scale Wonder Woman collectible figure will begin shipping within June.

We truly understand fans’ anticipation for the Wonder Woman collectible figure that will contain Hot Toys’ high standard of quality and details you have grown to love. In order to ensure we deliver the figure of high quality to our fans, Hot Toys’ production team has spent tremendous effort and dedication particularly on the newly developed head sculpt and body, aiming for an extraordinary representation of Wonder Woman embodying impressive likeness, high quality, remarkable details in this stunning figure.

Again, we truly appreciate your patience and continuous support. Please stay with us for the release of this terrific collectible figure, it will definitely be a wonder of your collection!

WW.jpg

The pic HT released last night looks a little different from the ones taken at that mall. If that's the figure they were working on all this time, the wait will have been worth it.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Seeing that the training armor could do this

Gives me hope on the arm articulation..I can live with this on the BVS version :clap

The bend might look odd but what can you do with seamless :dunno

How easy do y'all figure it would be to take the armor off the rubber body and replace it with something more poseable?

How easy do y'all figure it would be to take the armor off the rubber body and replace it with something more poseable?

Depending on her skirt material, Hong already showed that the eagle chest plate is removable and in the new pic, you can see it is loose against the seamless chest of the figure.

I think it's manageable :lecture

I would only see a problem with the skirt being grafted to the figures torso in a tight fit

anyone worried that the shoulder strap could damage the body like the purple coat can do with joker?

The problem is that what people are expecting these characters to be is based on a narrow knowledge of the characters – Superman for example, it seemed most people who have a problem with Cavill is because he isn't Christopher Reeve!!! Whilst his Superman was incredible, it is a take on a character that has existed for almost 80yrs, and the Reeve portrayal reflects a small portion of that history – much the same as Adam West's take on Batman reflects a certain time, but should every Batman mirror his portrayal?
The Superman and Batman of the DCEU more accurately portray their comic book roots, however the vase majority of audiences do not know that and so just believe what they read in reviews and blogs.

MAYBE this is true for comic fans, but not many of the critics. Also, there are core elements of the characters that a "new take" can't change without making them different characters.

BvS was fundamentally flawed as a movie - plot, characterization and pacing were a mess. Luther alone made the movie near unwatchable. All IMO of course, but my point is that there were issues far beyond expecting a particular take on the characters.

To your point though, I would say if you are going to SUBSTANTIVELY change iconic characters (Batman killing people WITH GUNS, etc.) it begs the question of why you're using those characters. Mark Waid, for example, did a different take on Superman with Irredeemable that was extremely entertaining but by making it a superman parallel instead of superman himself, it worked better. Similarly, Elseworlds stories can be a great way to explore a different aspects of iconic heroes (Red Son, The Nail, etc.).

However, many of us comics nerds wanted to see the iconic version of beloved characters on screen (which Marvel is delivering relatively successfully).

Wonder Woman was a fantastic movie on every dimension on which MoS and BvS failed. (I somewhat enjoyed MoS, for the record, despite its many flaws - like Clark letting Pa Kent die - but came close to hating BvS for its idiotic plot, bad characterization and missed opportunities.)

WB will shift to the "Wonder Woman" strategy past this film. I think the Batman film will take notes from this, the next Superman film will also and I wouldn't be shocked if they try to jigsaw pieces of Justice League to have this same tone. I think that you'll see the next few DCEU films come into their own and while MoS and BvS as well as SS had their flaws, the characters are introduced and it leaves them the ability not to go origin and just go for a story. I wouldn't be shocked if the films that need origins that aren't done yet (although JL seems to be a Cyborg origin film as well) will use Jenkins as producer.

anyone worried that the shoulder strap could damage the body like the purple coat can do with joker?

I see the strap as very loose kind of like how Rey's staff slides on the body. It seems to be snugged more around the top of the chest plate . I also see it more leather based so it shouldn't stain.

I think the joker coat was matted with a gloss spray to make it gleam bright. That might be why the figure gets stained

Back