1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quit worrying- this will be amazing- like everytime the whiners say how bad it is before release and then it comes out- turns out amazing. Can not believe nitpicking of any sort on BvS Bats- just astounding figure

Remember tho, these figures are expensive. We can't all afford to buy both figures or dish out extra money on a second head sculpt.

For me, I like the outfit from BvS, but the head sculpt looks nothing like her and I really dislike the open-mouthed look. I'm also wondering how much articulation she'll have. What if I buy the BvS version and the WW or JL versions have better articulation or a better head sculpt? What if they don't, and while I waited on seeing what those look like the first version sells out? There's a lot to consider! :p

Remember tho, these figures are expensive. We can't all afford to buy both figures or dish out extra money on a second head sculpt.

For me, I like the outfit from BvS, but the head sculpt looks nothing like her and I really dislike the open-mouthed look. I'm also wondering how much articulation she'll have. What if I buy the BvS version and the WW or JL versions have better articulation or a better head sculpt? What if they don't, and while I waited on seeing what those look like the first version sells out? There's a lot to consider! :p

Couldn't have said it better myself. There's a difference between nitpicking and wanting to get the most bang for your buck, the open mouth expression really doesn't work and it makes it look like she's vogueing instead of in the middle of battle. I do share your last thoughts as well, I'm afraid of missing out on a future figure especially since there are only minor differences.

im more worried about the articulation :dunno

My thoughts exactly. Been worried about the lack of articulation and rubber since the reveal. Though now I'm wondering: if her solo movie comes out in June, is that really enough of a difference in time to justify R&D on a completely new [hopefully jointed] body? Or would HT reuse the body they give us with the BVS version?

Couldn't have said it better myself. There's a difference between nitpicking and wanting to get the most bang for your buck, the open mouth expression really doesn't work and it makes it look like she's vogueing instead of in the middle of battle. I do share your last thoughts as well, I'm afraid of missing out on a future figure especially since there are only minor differences.

Well most of my figures don't have an expression that says they're in the middle of a battle, so that part doesn't really bother me. And the open mouth seemed to work pretty well on the very first promo image we saw of her (which appears to be the exact expression HT was going for here).

Maybe she could stand to be a little more intense, but I still wouldn't want an expression as angry looking as the BvS Superman.

Well most of my figures don't have an expression that says they're in the middle of a battle, so that part doesn't really bother me. And the open mouth seemed to work pretty well on the very first promo image we saw of her (which appears to be the exact expression HT was going for here).

Maybe she could stand to be a little more intense, but I still wouldn't want an expression as angry looking as the BvS Superman.

The open mouth did work for the first promo image, but she did have a more furrowed brow and a way more intense look. She's kinda just standing there with this sculpt. I don't necessarily want her to look angry, but an intense expression would have been preferred. To each their own I guess.

Come on guys stop not picking I think tires Hot Toys have done a great resemblance to Her. She just needs bushier eyebrows

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 218
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 226
Based off that comparison, I'd say HT got it completely wrong! :lol

The overall shape of the head is wrong, the chin is wrong, the lips are wrong (especially the lower lip)...

Well accounting for the slightly different angle and different lighting, I'd say it's still a pretty damn good match myself. Except for the eyebrows not being thick enough or the expression quite as intense.

It certainly looks closer to me than any of the overly idealized Black Widow sculpts or any of their SW sculpts (save Leia). And they thankfully didn't give her an oversized nose like they gave BvS Supes. ;)

Can someone with some Photoshop skills set her eyes at an angle like in the Gadot pic above? I think that's the only real problem.

This.

And a bit more slanted eyebrows to me.

My sentiments as well. I think the more slanted eyes and eyebrows would help with that a bit. She doesn't need to be angry, but I think it could stand to be a bit more fierce. The overall likeness I feel is there though. Still can't wait for the figure.

Her jaw is a bit too big too, but if they make her eyes look like Gal's then I could let the other problems slide.

Is it possible that the head sculpt on the final figure could be retooled a bit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have a look at these photos she looks different in every single Shot, so you tell me which one of the heads would you prefer, it's very hard to capture each pose all at once :slap

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Come on guys stop not picking I think tires Hot Toys have done a great resemblance to Her. She just needs bushier eyebrows

View attachment 287695View attachment 287696

Can someone with some Photoshop skills set her eyes at an angle like in the Gadot pic above? I think that's the only real problem.

If you have a look at these photos she looks different in every single Shot, so you tell me which one of the heads would you prefer, it's very hard to capture each pose all at once :slap

View attachment 287788View attachment 287789View attachment 287790View attachment 287791
After seeing all these pics I have to agree if the eyes were angled a bit and the eyebrows thicker the head sculpt will look very spot on.

She has more defined features, like her check bones. And a ferocity in her eyes. It can be fixed by paint.

And no all those pictures of her look the same, just different lighting. And the WW pic because of manipulation

Back